Gaston Ramirez...

Unbelievable Jeff

Oh Jesus, you have to earn your place in the side, not blind faith as he played a blinder in the indoor the other Monday.

You think He is s***e. I know. You've mentioned it.

I love watching him. I don't think he has shown his best yet. I hope to see more of him.

Done.

This basically, operated much better between the line then both Lambert and Lallana. Quick and incisive.

Cant disagree with his glass legs though, he needs games and he is always injured, I suppose today couldve been a reoccurance of his last injury.

So quick so incisive his efforts came to the grand total of **** all, as per, the clappers are similar to the catholic Church only admitting in the 80's the Earth was actually round and not square.

I sometimes wonder if the pace and power of the Premier League is just too much for him.

Given more time on the ball you can see how dangerous a player he could prove to be because Gaston can pick out a pass with the best of them. Unfortunately you seldom find yourself with the luxury of time in the rough and tumble of the PL. Perhaps this player lacks something of the instinctive awareness of where other players are on the pitch needed to perform successfully in the English game, a sense of situational awareness that very obviously some of his less naturally gifted team mates (players such as Jack Cork or Steve Davis for instance) seem to possess in spades. I must also add that considering how much he cost us he is also disappointingly 'one footed' in style.

He is still young enough to learn how to adapt to the demands of our game I suppose, but frankly he's been here a while now and the signs are he may never be the world class young player we were promised he was when we signed him.

To say I expect more of him is an understatement - particularly when he gets onside and rather than cushion the ball down, takes it in the face and falls over.

I defended him early on as I felt he was the victim of unfair expectation when he signed, but he's had ample opportunity to prove himself and in my view, not done it.

If you view Gaston on the Saints mould of a player bought young to improve rather than a player bought for a club record fee (at the time)then the same player it could be argued as a success or failure.

Imagine we paid good money for a promising left back and every time he got forward he seemed to delay the vital ball or make the wrong decision , or we developed a promising left back and every time he got forward he seemed to delay the vital ball or make the wrong decision half this board would slag him off the other half give him time

Forget his fee, view the player, today he was looking for the ball and yes he did get forward, quite what he was attempting in the box I dont know but he for me sparkled in a lacklustre team performance caused by a stout defence by Cardiff

If you view Gaston on the Saints mould of a player bought young to improve rather than a player bought for a club record fee (at the time)then the same player it could be argued as a success or failure.

Imagine we paid good money for a promising left back and every time he got forward he seemed to delay the vital ball or make the wrong decision , or we developed a promising left back and every time he got forward he seemed to delay the vital ball or make the wrong decision half this board would slag him off the other half give him time

Forget his fee, view the player, today he was looking for the ball and yes he did get forward, quite what he was attempting in the box I dont know but he for me sparkled in a lacklustre team performance caused by a stout defence by Cardiff

Like Bale did for Spurs?

Views Ramirez as solely a player and you see he is only there because of his fee.

Seen enough now to suggest he's never going to make it in the premiership he's had two years+ to improve he has skill but it is better suited to a continental league where you have time on the ball. Personally would cash in while he's still worth something could be a decent player at the right club

How many more chances are the Gaston fans going to give him. He's been a complete and utter waste of money, even the incident when he got injured today was pathetic. Looked like a ballerina trying to bring the ball down in a great position.

The sooner we get rid the better. Contrast his impact with the one punch has made at palace and then compare the fee.

So quick so incisive his efforts came to the grand total of **** all, as per, the clappers are similar to the catholic Church only admitting in the 80's the Earth was actually round and not square.

You talk some unmitigated ******** at times but you are surpassing yourself tonight. Ramirez was one our best players today and he was clearly injured when he went off. But of course you could not possibly be wrong.

Theres no point in me trying to explain the game of football to you Dune as A. I expect your on a wind up and B. Im pretty sure you just wont understand.

Basically you will always struggle with AL, RL and GR in a front three as none of which look to make a run in behind. All in all though of those three GR was the one that looked like he would make something happen.

No i think its time we offload Cork :lol:

On Ramirez.... I think he will come good next season imho he just needed 2 years to settle

Make a poll of it.

What would people prefer, offloading Cork for another Lovren quality CB or swap places with Sunderland.

I think it will be a close one...

Given Lamberts poor display I'd drop him for Gallagher next game and keep Ramirez in.

Seriously ? So the only genuine goalscorer we have, you would drop ?

I think you are giving young Gallagher more credit than he has earned yet.

Isn't about time the people that write off Rickie after a bad performance learnt their lesson ?

He wasn't that poor yesterday, Lallana wasn't exactly setting the world alight either.

The only question I would ask with Rickie was with Jay Rod out why oh why didnt he play more through the middle with Lallana and Gaston floating either side......but thats more to do with the manager than Lambert.

As for Gaston, I really dont know, he is an enigma, can look really good then can look awful. Produces some lovely touches and passes then can pass straight to the opposition with no pressure on him.

Edited by beatlesaint

Are we really still talking about Puncheon? Come on

I'm not saying we shouldn't have let him go or indeed should buy him back. I am just contrasting his performances for palace with Gaston's for us. If anybody thinks Gaston will come good in a saints shirt , they are deluded. He is not good enough, time to get rid.