Boruc

Huffton

I still have the same opinion of him that I had when he arrived. He isn't good enough if were serious about moving up the league. Yes he pulls off some good saves, but so does every other keeper in the league. Another howler today has cost us two points. Too late to do anything now but if we want to carck on we need a top quality keeper in the summer, Begovic would do nicely.

So, just to clarify, whenever Boruc has a good game he's the best thing since sliced bread and when he doesn't have a good game he's one of the worst keepers in the league?

Difficult to keep up with this football punditry malarkey sometimes

In fairness Ive never once claimed he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Boruc did not make a 'howler' the fault ( if any is to be apportioned ) for both Stoke goals would be spread around several players.

Why do we have to set up Aunt Sallys after every game ? Why can't we accept that sometimes the opponents do something good, or simply the rub of the green goes against us ?

Boruc did not make a 'howler' the fault ( if any is to be apportioned ) for both Stoke goals would be spread around several players.

Why do we have to set up Aunt Sallys after every game ? Why can't we accept that sometimes the opponents do something good, or simply the rub of the green goes against us ?

Pragmatism? On a football forum? Crazy notion.

I agree. Of the teams above us I think I'd only take Cech, Lloris and De Gea (maybe Howard) over Boruc. And maybe Guzan of the teams below us.

And this is the point. There are no stand out goalkeepers in the league. Even amongst those you name they've all had howlers in recent times. Begovic is very highly rated but again today showed that when a keeper makes an error it is costly. I think Boruc also adds a lot to the spirit of our team.

For me Boruc is world class. He makes saves that you would not expect of him, the flip side is he has the ability to let in goals you wouldn't expect. Someone on the match thread compared him to Grobelaar, can see where they are coming from.

Fantastic keeper.

Yeah, in your fantasies. :)

Where I sit I was in line with what happened and it looked as though Crouch did not touch the ball it looked as if it came off AB into the net. He is a good keeper but we need better as we do in one or two other areas of the pitch.

That's what I saw. I'll be interested in seeing it later.

Boruc reminds me of a steak & kidney pie, lots of good bits but the odd lump of gristle can spoil the whole thing.
A description that could be levelled at any goalkeeper really. All players make mistakes, but when you are a goalkeeper they tend to be significant. If you weigh up the good and the bad, then Boruc is still one of the best there is.

Good shot stopper but prone to errors, lack of concentration and found wanting with the basics from time to time.

Saying that I still think Boruc is one of the top keepers in UK but maybe just outside the top 15 in the prem. I rate the below GKs higher than Boruc

In no order-

Szczesny

Cech

Ruddy

Howard

Mignolet

Krul

Guzan

Mannone

Begovic

Lloris

Marshall

De Gea

Hart

Pantilimon

Thibaut Courtois

Vorm

Good shot stopper but prone to errors, lack of concentration and found wanting with the basics from time to time.

Saying that I still think Boruc is one of the top keepers in UK but maybe just outside the top 15 in the prem. I rate the below GKs higher than Boruc

In no order-

Szczesny

Cech

Ruddy

Howard

Mignolet

Krul

Guzan

Mannone

Begovic

Lloris

Marshall

De Gea

Hart

Pantilimon

Thibaut Courtois

Vorm

Bite potential rating = 9.3/10

In no order-

Szczesny

Cech

Ruddy

Howard

Mignolet

Krul

Guzan

Mannone

Begovic

Lloris

Marshall

De Gea

Hart

Pantilimon

Thibaut Courtois

Vorm

That made me laugh... feel sorry for the ones left out.. must be really poor

A description that could be levelled at any goalkeeper really. All players make mistakes, but when you are a goalkeeper they tend to be significant. If you weigh up the good and the bad, then Boruc is still one of the best there is.

True but Boruc's mistakes tend to be real howlers or totally bizarre and they overshadow all the good that he does.

I was at the emirates earlier this season and Boruc gifted them a goal through a moment of utter madness, I could of forgiven him a typical keeper error ie being out if position, but to hand them the ball to put in the net is criminal.

He does make some great saves but for me he is a bit Bruce Grobbelaar.

In no order-

Szczesny

Cech

Ruddy

Howard

Mignolet

Krul

Guzan

Mannone

Begovic

Lloris

Marshall

De Gea

Hart

Pantilimon

Thibaut Courtois

Vorm

Solid trolling Glasgow.

True but Boruc's mistakes tend to be real howlers or totally bizarre and they overshadow all the good that he does.

The Arsenal cock-up is the only one that fits this description. Cannot think of any others tbh, not even Stoke away. I do, however, have vivid memories of the save last week against Fulham that kept it at 0-0, the save from Long against WBA that secured 3 points, the save against Liverpool, the save from Fletcher at Sunderland etc etc

This is getting f**king ridiculous, do Chelsea fans create dedicated topics on their forums when Cech makes a mistake? Do United fans create a dedicated topic on their forum when De Gea makes a mistake.

Jesus christ this is getting absolutely mental, when Begovic (arguably one of the best keepers in the league) can make a 'howler' today Boruc can do.

Behind

Cech

Mignolet

De Gea

Lloris

Begovic

ahead of

Howard

Hart

Pantilimon

Courtois

Szczesny

Krul

no chance imho

Think if you asked Norwich, Villa, Cardiff and Sunderland fans - doubt they'd swap there GKs for Boruc either.

If Boruc wasn't our keeper you wouldn't rate him as highly - again imho

Boruc is rated highly by Saints fans as the alternatives (KD and Gazzaniga) are simply so frightening....

In the same way Andrew Davies was "outstanding" in 2008 as the alternatives were Oliver Lancashire and Lee Molyneux

If any of the below were Saints players, Boruc would not be our first choice GK imho

Szczesny

Cech

Ruddy

Howard

Mignolet

Krul

Guzan

Mannone

Begovic

Lloris

Marshall

De Gea