No Morgan in France again!!

SRL_Lover

Normal, he doesn't play for the right club, you won't get into a Deschamps side unless you've played in european competition at some time or other. The FFF told him what he had to do back in 2009, he didn't listen and won't play for France until he does, he knows it so the fact that he's still here can be used as a measure of loyalty I guess.

France ignoring him will end up forcing him to leave this club imo.

Which is their modus operandii anyway. Sakho didn't want to leave PSG but as he wasn't going to get much game time with PSG because of the 2 braziliian CBs that they have there they told him that it was in his interest to move on. We all know that Mombaerts told Morgan to find a "better club" back in 2009 when we got knocked back to League 1, I think it might still be held against him.

Here's a lateral thinking idea..... How about we loan him to a club that's going to get him on the French national team radar and include a clause in the loan agreement that triggers a recall to Saints once he's established himself in the French side.... everyone's a winner....

Here's a lateral thinking idea..... How about we loan him to a club that's going to get him on the French national team radar and include a clause in the loan agreement that triggers a recall to Saints once he's established himself in the French side.... everyone's a winner....

Apart from us, who miss out him playing for us?

Why not just take Arsenal's 15 million, much easier,

I'll be honest and say I haven't a clue. I was just under the impression he was able to play for England under naturalisation rules?

In theory yes but every time the question is raised someone informs us that it's not possible because of this HNA, I don't really know myself but if that's all that's stopping the FA recruiting superior players as do other nations then it needs sorting out.

Who cares whether Wales get beaten by Armenia or not, they certainly shouldn't have any say in what England FA do.

In theory yes but every time the question is raised someone informs us that it's not possible because of this HNA, I don't really know myself but if that's all that's stopping the FA recruiting superior players as do other nations then it needs sorting out.

Who cares whether Wales get beaten by Armenia or not, they certainly shouldn't have any say in what England FA do.

Yep, can't argue with that.

Is not even in the pre list France send to the players before naming their squad, so he isn t even in the initial pool of 40 players being considered.

Can see him moving back to France in the summer as it's the only way he will be noticed. If he wants to be noticed abroad he needs to play for a big. Sadly this is the Deschamps mentality.

MF Franck Ribéry 7 April 1983 (age 30) 80 16 Germany Bayern Munich

MF Mathieu Valbuena 28 September 1984 (age 29) 30 5 France Marseille

MF Yohan Cabaye 14 January 1986 (age 28) 26 2 France Paris Saint-Germain

MF Blaise Matuidi 9 April 1987 (age 26) 19 0 France Paris Saint-Germain

MF Moussa Sissoko 16 August 1989 (age 24) 13 0 England Newcastle United

MF Rio Mavuba 8 March 1984 (age 29) 9 0 France Lille

MF Paul Pogba 15 March 1993 (age 20) 7 1 Italy Juventus

MF Clément Grenier 7 January 1991 (age 23) 3 0 France Lyon

Thats a pretty damn terrific midfield in fairness, and I'm one of Morgan's biggest fans.

Sissoko being on the list blows out the comments about needing to play for a 'Big 4' club out of the water.

It seems to me Deschamps has his favourites and Morgan isn't one of them, end of

Personally I'm delighted, less games, more recovery time and less likely to be seen as a top buy for money bags clubs like PSG

Thats a pretty damn terrific midfield in fairness, and I'm one of Morgan's biggest fans.

Careful pal. I got crucified on here a while back for listing the French midfield selected in a squad and including Ribery and Grenier in the list. Apparently I didn't have a clue what I was talking about because no way would Ribery, Grenier and Schniderlin be competing for the same places.

Hopefully, thats how he is looking at it too.

Morgan and Saints lost some form at the wrong time imho....

Has he been as good as last season?

Who would you drop to accomadate Morgan?

"Morgan wont get picked till he palys for the right club" same posters said the same thing about England... Reality when your good enough, you get picked. Morgan is good but the French midfield is strong

Sissoko being on the list blows out the comments about needing to play for a 'Big 4' club out of the water.

It seems to me Deschamps has his favourites and Morgan isn't one of them, end of

Personally I'm delighted, less games, more recovery time and less likely to be seen as a top buy for money bags clubs like PSG

Sissoko got initially noticed when he Played for Toulouse in France.

So je is still bein followed at Newcastle.

Morgan is an excellent player (though his defensive stats look less impressive now we spend more time with the ball and less time trying to get it back) but if France start the World Cup with a midfield two from Cabaye, Pogba & Matuidi, I think you'd be very hard pressed to argue that he warrants a place above any of those. That leaves one spare, with the remaining squad CM probably just along for the scenery.

Morgan is an excellent player (though his defensive stats look less impressive now we spend more time with the ball and less time trying to get it back) but if France start the World Cup with a midfield two from Cabaye, Pogba & Matuidi, I think you'd be very hard pressed to argue that he warrants a place above any of those. That leaves one spare, with the remaining squad CM probably just along for the scenery.

Morgan should be in the squad ahead of Mavuba but he's not. As for Grenier and Sissoko they play in far more forward roles

and to even think about Morgan qualifying for one of those he'd need to be playing in the Davis role at Saints week in week out, even if he had the aptitude for it that is. As MP won't play Cork and Wanyama in the same side I guess that's out of the question.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I've not seen Mavuba, so I cede to your knowledge there, but my point was mostly that whoever is 4th choice for CM in France is going to be so far behind Cabaye/Pogba/Matuidi that the only way they'll get any game time is if France end up in the third place play-off.

We shall see in June and July just how good Pogba,Cabaye and Matuidi are when faced with really decent opposition, they certainly didn't look all that good in South America last summer (well except Pogba, he wasn't there)

He is a very good player, but is he a complete CM? No.

His shooting is poor especially when compared to the three mentioned above.

And honestly, even removing Grenier and Ribery, I can't see him being superior to more than 2 in the list that Raziak posted.

Same goes for Cork and England.

I agree about Cork - he wouldn't be in my England squad. superb player for us, but as you say, to win the WC these days you need 'complete' midfielders rather than the water-carriers of old.

He is a very good player, but is he a complete CM? No.

His shooting is poor especially when compared to the three mentioned above.

And honestly, even removing Grenier and Ribery, I can't see him being superior to more than 2 in the list that Raziak posted.

Same goes for Cork and England.

I honestly don't know, Matuidi is far from brilliant in my view but when you're playing in a side like Galacticos PSG you may well look the complete player, Cabaye certainly can't claim a starting place there as of yet because Blanc depends very much on Thiago Motta and Lavezzi and sometimes you get the feeling he just tolerates a token french player because it's necessary.

Careful pal. I got crucified on here a while back for listing the French midfield selected in a squad and including Ribery and Grenier in the list. Apparently I didn't have a clue what I was talking about because no way would Ribery, Grenier and Schniderlin be competing for the same places.

Mavuba and Sissoko are the ones he could conceivably displace.

Grenier is a star in the making and Morgan neither will, nor should, be ahead of him in the pecking order just yet (although Grenier is more creative).

The rest of the midfield is pretty darn immovable though and he's just unfortunate he's been born into the same generation as that lot.

The one thing I would say though is that I am surprised the French haven't given him a couple of caps just to try him out and give him a bit of international experience so that he's better prepared if they do need to call upon his services in future.

Most international teams do give a fairly wide pool of players a try just as an experiment if it goes wrong and as a wise investment for the future if it goes well (you wouldn't believe the complete swathe of mediocrity that has turned out of Brazil for the odd cap here or there)

So I am in that sense, quite surprised he hasn't even been given a try just to see what he can do even if they wouldn't plan on including him in the squad provided everyone is fit.

So I am in that sense, quite surprised he hasn't even been given a try just to see what he can do even if they wouldn't plan on including him in the squad provided everyone is fit.

That's a very good point, and as I don't watch much football I have nothing to judge him against and would have to defer to your and Window Cleaner's judgement.

Perhaps a brace of goals tomorrow will change everybody's mind: a close range header (which he's done before) and a long range strike (which he ought to do more often). Well, we can all fantasise...

Mavuba and Sissoko are the ones he could conceivably displace.

Grenier is a star in the making and Morgan neither will, nor should, be ahead of him in the pecking order just yet (although Grenier is more creative).

Strange how Grenier is perceived from the exterieur, he's more like Lallana really and then some because he can't tackle.

His role bears no comparison to Morgan's really, a sentinel in front of the defence, purely there to recover the ball and send the team forward again. Only 2 real candidates for that role in their list Mavuba and Matiuidi and I'd say Morgan is the equal or better than both of them. Just plays for an unfashionable side which kept him out of the bleuets for the most part of the time

and thus he has dropped outside of their system which is linear.

I think the interesting thing with Morgan is his level of performance when he plays with either Wanyama or Cork. My feeling is he is better with Cork, because the role he adopts then suits him more....I.e. Cork seems to be the one that pushes forward more. Perhaps that role is less needed in French squad?

I think the interesting thing with Morgan is his level of performance when he plays with either Wanyama or Cork. My feeling is he is better with Cork, because the role he adopts then suits him more....I.e. Cork seems to be the one that pushes forward more. Perhaps that role is less needed in French squad?

Doubt it, in our system the 2 DMs are zoned left and right and who goes forward and who stays back depends on where the play actually is, on close study I think you might find that when one is a bit forward the other drops into the centre circle zone. As we have no wide men the FBs are almost always forward and the 2 CMs have to cover for them so can't go gung ho-ing forward all of the time. If we played with really wide men as do most teams I think you might well see our middle men getting forward a lot more and having more opportunities to try their hand from the edge of the box.

Mavuba pulled out of the squad today due to injury.

Guess who Deschamps called up as a remplacement?

Guilavogui of Saint Etienne who has hardly played this season and came back to Saint Etienne after being unable to get a game at Sevilla. Just shows how far down Morgan is in the pecking order. I despair!

Mavuba pulled out of the squad today due to injury.

Guess who Deschamps called up as a remplacement?

Guilavogui of Saint Etienne who has hardly played this season and came back to Saint Etienne after being unable to get a game at Sevilla. Just shows how far down Morgan is in the pecking order. I despair!

Absolutely ridiculous, Guilavogui is dire, that's why he couldn't get a game in Spain and had to come crawling back to StE on loan.

There must be some problem between Morgan and the FFF, think we have to take that as a fact now but DD could have easily called up Flamini or Gonalons, he just seems to be obsessed with afro-french giant statues.

Normal, he doesn't play for the right club, you won't get into a Deschamps side unless you've played in european competition at some time or other. The FFF told him what he had to do back in 2009, he didn't listen and won't play for France until he does, he knows it so the fact that he's still here can be used as a measure of loyalty I guess.

Bowllocks to Deschamps. Morgan not going to Brazil is a scandal. Best players on show? My Rrse!

One of us really. Why not select him for England?

Bowllocks to Deschamps. Morgan not going to Brazil is a scandal. Best players on show? My Rrse!

One of us really. Why not select him for England?

because it's impossible as things stand, the FFF probably read all that Morgan for England stuff in the popular press, don't know about the HNA and crossed him off of the list that already had a black mark against his name anyway. Progression in French football is linear, Youth teams, club team, big club. They are notorious for interfering in player's career paths, if your club is not in Europe then they find a way to suggest you move to one that is, loyalty to clubs is unknown in French football's highest echelons. If you're a good player you should be playing for a top club is their approach, woe betide anyone who rejects their formula.