Man City v Saints MATCH THREAD

Glasgow_Saint

Really hope we offload Osvaldo, Ramirez and Wanyama in the summer and use the money more productively. We can't afford to have £40mill of players sat around doing nothing when our squad is so paper thin.

Presumably we should now offload Rodriguez as he's likely to be as unproductive for the rest of the season ? Whilst Ossie might have been a mistake, players cant help getting injured.

I did you're trying to defend someone who can't do his job which is to catch and stop round things coming at him. Quite simple really.

No, I'm happy to concede that he may have been able to prevent the goal with better goalkeeping, but that the criticism he is getting is pre-meditated and disproportionate.

We paid £2.5 million for him Minty and nothing for Boruc. Obviously that isnt his fault but you cant expect people to not make the equation.

Don't get me started on people who judge players by their price tags! :D

No, I'm happy to concede that he may have been able to prevent the goal with better goalkeeping, but that the criticism he is getting is pre-meditated and disproportionate.

But he fails with the simple things such as catching a ball. It's an essential part of his role and he's rubbish at it.

Presumably we should now offload Rodriguez as he's likely to be as unproductive for the rest of the season ? Whilst Ossie might have been a mistake, players cant help getting injured.

Happy players are rarely consistently injured. Do you think it's just a coincidence that our three record signings, all of whom didn't really want to come here, have been injured for the majority of the season?

What a moron comment, he had no chance of saving the header that went in off the post.... So he had to come for it. The cross was just to good, very pacy outswinger.

He is in no way to blame for coming to get the cross. he had no choice, it was a goal unless he got the cross. Attack him for that, don't attack him for coming in the first place.

Literally fu cking retarded.

So I'm a retarded moron because I see things differently to you? Thanks for that.

A PL level keeper should know when to come for a ball and when not to. He had no hope of getting to that ball and should have taken his chances on being able to save whatever shot came from it. A simple error of judgement.

This Saints team is excellent to watch. 3-1 down away to a top side, a bit of luck against us, and a few important players missing, yet still they stick to the game plan and play some damn fine football. Cork, Davis, Ward-Prowse; excellent fringe players for us, really doing a good job today. Forwards still plugging away to get a second goal. COYS!

Edit: I really mean it; COYS!!!

But he is playing and deserves a bit more support IMO from some of our fans, rather than this constant expectation of a mistake... that's what bugs me the most. What happened to the notion of supporting our players, even if we know (and I agree) that he's not the best?

He needs support as like everything in sport confidence is very much a leveller, he clearly knows he isnt cut out at this level, you can see that they way he tries to pep himself up, aswell as the other players.

Its just dissapointing he is our second/third choice, its not really his fault, he really should be out on loan somewhere.

Nevertheless though it must be demoralising for his defence knowing they have to protect him more, as a defender that gets in your head and you make mistakes.

Happy players are rarely consistently injured. Do you think it's just a coincidence that our three record signings, all of whom didn't really want to come here, have been injured for the majority of the season?

What was your opinion of Victor in the early part of the season when he looked immense alongside Spiderman ?

Its just dissapointing he is our second/third choice, its not really his fault, he really should be out on loan somewhere.

I agree. This is what people seem to keep missing... it's not HIS fault he's not good enough, so stop taking it out on him in such a disproportionate manner.

@jordansibley: No confirmed news on Jay's injury. Word from dressing room at half time was that he will be assessed once swelling has gone down. #saintsfc

Itll be cruciate, medial or lateral at best. Either way he will struggle to make the world cup, just hope its not the cruciate as generally as good as rehab is these days that injury is a career breaker.

So I'm a retarded moron because I see things differently to you? Thanks for that.

A PL level keeper should know when to come for a ball and when not to. He had no hope of getting to that ball and should have taken his chances on being able to save whatever shot came from it. A simple error of judgement.

Seriously, you are wrong, you need to deal with it. Stop slamming our players fullstop. And if you must do it at least critisie them for stuff that they do wrong.

THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THAT GOAL WAS TO STOP THE CROSS! Yet you attack our young keeper for trying to do just that. HTH. Moron

What was your opinion of Victor in the early part of the season when he looked immense alongside Spiderman ?

A tank at defending, abysmal when he then gets the ball. The same as I think of him now. He'd be a handy player to keep hold of if he wanted to be here so we could use him, but I don't believe he does and we can't afford to have players of that kind of value not playing.

Really hope we offload Osvaldo, Ramirez and Wanyama in the summer and use the money more productively. We can't afford to have £40mill of players sat around doing nothing when our squad is so paper thin.

You are truly mental.

Seriously, you are wrong, you need to deal with it. Stop slamming our players fullstop. And if you must do it at least critisie them for stuff that they do wrong.

THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THAT GOAL WAS TO STOP THE CROSS! Yet you attack our young keeper for trying to do just that. HTH. Moron

Oh for f*ck's sake. I'm not 'attacking' him. I'm simply stating a fact - that he was not good enough to stop that goal. If he's going to come for that ball he needs to be sure he's going to get it. Otherwise he has to stay on his line and takes his chances. By flapping and missing by as much as he did, he left Dzeko an open goal. He made a bad choice. Simple as that.

And please stop calling me a moron because I have a different opinion to you. It does your argument no favours if you have to resort to insults to make your point.

Oh for f*ck's sake. I'm not 'attacking' him. I'm simply stating a fact - that he was not good enough to stop that goal.

See, that's a reasonable judgement IMO... I do wonder how many keepers would have saved it though? Anyway, it's long gone now.

Wrens up . I take your point but we started to dominate the game when jay went off

Yeah but now we're not really the team in control so, what I'm really getting at is we could have done with him for trying to hit them on the break.