Man City v Saints MATCH THREAD

Glasgow_Saint

Diving in the penalty area has been the scourge of football for at least 40 years and yet the administrators and the referees allow it to continue. Yet another game ruined by a bad referee decision. But when you hear commentators like Michael Owen, who should know better, suggesting penalties depend on (a) contact and (b) the player 'going down', it seems the game has lost sight of what is and what is not a foul. Contact is NOT a foul as contact involves BOTH players.

Let the club medics assess the injury before being so ultra negative . It could be serious but equally it might just be a minor knee twist . Let's just wait and see instead of speculating

On here, yeah right ;)

Let the club medics assess the injury before being so ultra negative . It could be serious but equally it might just be a minor knee twist . Let's just wait and see instead of speculating

did you see it, he knew right away

Diving in the penalty area has been the scourge of football for at least 40 years and yet the administrators and the referees allow it to continue. Yet another game ruined by a bad referee decision. But when you hear commentators like Michael Owen, who should know better, suggesting penalties depend on (a) contact and (b) the player 'going down', it seems the game has lost sight of what is and what is not a foul. Contact is NOT a foul as contact involves BOTH players.

You make a fair point. But when a player deliberately sticks his leg up ay waist height to try and impede the attacking player, as Jose did in this case, the ref doesn't really have much of a choice. It was the intent, not the seriousness of the foul, that forced the ref's hand.

Didn't see JRods injury, but it sounds like he landed awkwardly and twisted his knee?

Potentially dislodge his kneecap - hurts like a motherfcker and would be unable to walk on it if it happened - fortunately no long term issue with physio and only a couple of weeks out.

(Fingers crossed its not anything worse - not that I'd inflict that on anyone)

diving c.unt.

Why can't pundits just say yeah that's a dive, than be faggots and say yeah "not much contact"

I love faggots. I do not really know what they are, but I love them mixed in with mash!!! Mmmmm yummy!