Veho announced as new main club sponsor of Southampton Football Club

Saint-Armstrong

Football was so much better when all you had to worry about was whether there'd be a saints player in the poster section of Match and Shoot.

Now we have twitter and arguing nickel and dime over every tiny aspect of the club, makes for a really boring experience...(over and over and over again)...

Very true!

Compared to the amounts of money we're getting from the TV deals and the PL for being in it, sponsorship is a drop in the ocean. I'd rather get £1m from a local company than £5m from Wonga or some other loan shark - the amount is small enough (relatively) that it doesn't really make much difference.

I'm pleased to have Saints continuing to support the community - and their logo isn't awful!

Absolutely and for FWIW Veho are a reputable company who make respectable consumer technology products.

I think this must be their major one time punt at creating a global brand as their isn't huge money in their business or their current list of products.

The cynic inside me would suggest that Veho taking on GoPro is like me selling home made apple juice trying to take on RedBull!

Great synergy between Saints and Veho as we embark on our mission to spread our global message.

Good luck to Veho and I look forward to buying my Saints branded speakers! Does this make us pioneers once more, with our radio station, home made kits etc?

Will players now be encouraged to step off the coach with headphones on?

If it was me in charge of deal, first thing I would be doing is contacting FA and asking how small cameras need to be or how they can be padded enough for our players to wear them during a match. Do that and some amazing new player perspective angles will raise Veho profile through the roof even if just released on youtube.

Especially if they can then cut a deal with prem to then be exclusive supplier to the prem over go pro. Next job work out how you can make the footage easily accessible by broadcast vision mixer.

At minimum one on the underside of goal post pointing out of box would be interesting for sake of set pieces.

Guess a lot of rights and permissions would need to be sorted with opposing team but a deal with opposing team of choice to also obtain and use footage.

And if it is just me that's been thinking this, which I highly doubt, then feel free to contact me Saints or Veho as I'm looking to move job from my current media & marketing role. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I see that VEHO are one of the 9 Regional Finalists from the South and East, in the HSBC 2014 Global Connections Competition. They have been invited to attend an International Exchange in Istanbul. They will be able to network with the other regional finalists and meet British and Turkish companies and thought leaders and are to attend the Great Festival of Creativity Event in Istanbul. Each of the Regional Finalists will receive a financial reward of 2pc on any lending facilities taken out during the competition, up to £6m, which is doubled for the national winners.

I see that VEHO are one of the 9 Regional Finalists from the South and East, in the HSBC 2014 Global Connections Competition. They have been invited to attend an International Exchange in Istanbul. They will be able to network with the other regional finalists and meet British and Turkish companies and thought leaders and are to attend the Great Festival of Creativity Event in Istanbul. Each of the Regional Finalists will receive a financial reward of 2pc on any lending facilities taken out during the competition, up to £6m, which is doubled for the national winners.

wow europe yo! Just like krueger promised! Hope our lads come back from istanbul with trophy for SMS cabinet. V.prestige!

• 2 weeks later...
I reckon he was probably joking.

I'd imagine Veho are quite excited about seeing Koeman holding the new shirt with their name on for the media. The Dutch are certainly flavour of the moment.

Well if it's announced Monday, and he's holding a shirt, it will be aap3 on the front.

unless it's a double announcement

which it won't be

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...
Underwhelmed..

Gareth Rogers - "Finding a partner who could match our ambition was our main priority"

That's some ambition...

Majorly underwhelmed, was hoping it'd be someone that could pump a bit of cash into the club, instead we get another tiny Hants based company that'll probably contribute 200k-500k a year to the club.

How can clubs like Brighton, West Bromwich Albion, Reading etc. get higher profile sponsors that pump more money into clubs than us? Are our commercial department that inept?

"A Global reach across the Globe"

Oh Gareth :facepalm:

Why not?

We are 8th.

Huge catchment area.

New Stadium.

England internationals.

A new board exciting board.

This is our time.

BUt they were never in the

#itshappening

era when we were not going for a 5 year plan of getting into Europe/Champions League, have I missed something?

StuRomseySaint is clearly not impressed by this

already blaming Cortese for this one

jesus christ

Wow. Household name paying for privellege of plastering their name across the chests of the 8th best team in best league in the world with billions in TV rights up-for-grabs.

Oh.......

First big decision of new board, and its been blown.

Really looking forward to summer now...

It could be for a noble reason by the club wanting solely to get an aspiring business to sponsor them and thereby helping them in exposure, if so why dont they say? I fear its beacuse no other bids were tabled, does anyone know exactly how much we are getting and how this compares to clubs of similar placings in the Premiership?

I miss barry sanchez lol

I don't mind them, so far this season my household has won two Saints shirts with their ads on the front from various online stuff and a bluetooth veho speaker, headphones and something else with veho on it which we haven't opened yet from the score prediction competition on Facebook.

Also got a couple of Pebbles and stopped bothering with them a matter of days later.

So I'm doing alright out of it! :D