Veho announced as new main club sponsor of Southampton Football Club

Saint-Armstrong

Yes I d, its about prestige for us, not money, the big clubs get £20 Million and I am obviously not expecting that, I was expecting a large company, this is as a high League position we will ever finish and the best we can get is a speaker company?

**** me don't you ever stop with the negative comments, you really are a tedious dull unimaginative person, but as many have said before this is what you do, but for the life of me I don't see what you get out of it .To me supporting the Saints means strangely enough supporting the Saints , fair enough criticise when mistakes are made but you slag off the club at every turn . Why ?

They do indeed frequent this site!!

And they are a tremendous bunch of lads and lasses who have built this company up from nothing (and who have ambitions to compete with the big boys).

From a Saints perspective, surely all that matters is that the deal is commercially sound and have to say I find it a bit strange how some people get all worked up about a sponsor.

Why Steve Grant is even on Ben Vallance's friend list on Facebook. Come on lads, how much are they giving us, use your influence and let us know.

They've achieved aim number one: not some chavvy gambling brand.

Let's see if they've achieved number two - more money than the last lot. MLG ' s £3-5m is a bit fanciful but I'd hope for at least another 500k on top of the reported 1m that aaaaaaap were paying.

You've taken that out of context somewhat, I didn't say it definitely was a £3m to £5m deal, l said...

"Saints should be looking for deals from £3m to £5m if they are seriously looking to close the gap commercially as Ralph Krueger stated he was aiming to".

If it is only another £500k making it £1.5m, that'll be disappointing as it still leaves Saints significantly below many teams we've overtaken on the pitch. Krueger was talking about closing the gap commercially, a £1.5m shirt sponsorship deal will still be one of the lowest in the Premier League.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I think its a great match up. We had a number of companies in mind, whittled it down to 4 and then they won out. I'm sure they will be paying alot more than aap3 - I agree with mlg about 3-5 mill i would suggest.

No they are not a sony, but as above when have we ever had a particularly big name sponsor? Do not get the negativety at all.

They are innovative, have a great simple logo/font and are a local saints supporting company. They are going global who want to grow their brand.

What's not to like?

You've taken that out of context somewhat, I said...

"Saints should be looking for deals from £3m to £5m if they are seriously looking to close the gap commercially as Ralph Krueger stated he was aiming to".

If it is only another £500k making it £1.5m, that'll be disappointing as it still leaves Saints significantly below many teams we've overtaken on the pitch. Krueger was talking about closing the gap commercially, a £1.5m shirt sponsorship deal will still be one of the lowest in the Premier League.

What have I taken out of context?

I am saying I don't think we'll get the 3-5m you said you think we should be getting. And, for good measure you've said the same thing again.

What's out of context about that?

I am saying I don't think we'll get the 3-5m you said you think we should be getting.

In 2013/14

Fulham £5m

Stoke £3m

Whats wrong with thinking we should be in the £3m to £5m ballpark for a sponsorship deal? You suggesting Saints should only be worth £1.5m stands out more than my suggestion. Yes, Fulham have a London advantage, but Saints have a better team, bigger support base and and better infrastructure.

From where do you pluck the £3-5m figure from?

In 2013/14...

Fulham £5m

Stoke £3m

Whats wrong with thinking we should be in the £3m to £5m ballpark for a sponsorship deal when compared with those clubs we have overtaken on the pitch?

Anything less than £3m isn't really significantly closing the gap commercially as Ralph Krueger suggested he would be aiming to do.

Yes I d, its about prestige for us, not money, the big clubs get £20 Million and I am obviously not expecting that, I was expecting a large company, this is as a high League position we will ever finish and the best we can get is a speaker company?

Football isn't about having prestigious sponsors Barry. I'm embarrassed for you. Srsly I am. If you want more lessons about football let me or some of the other bros know

Once again people, it's a sponsor. We will wear it on our shirts.

They will pay for the privilege.

Who actually gives a **** who it is? There are plenty more things to worry about this summer, and who the flaming sponsor is isn't one of them.

In 2013/14...

Fulham £5m

Stoke £3m

Whats wrong with thinking we should be in the £3m to £5m ballpark for a sponsorship deal when compared with those clubs we have overtaken on the pitch?

Anything less than £3m isn't really significantly closing the gap commercially as Ralph Krueger suggested he would be aiming to do.

The Fulham deal is ridiculously high. The Stoke deal are the same people that own them I think?

Looks like rather £1.5-2m per year is about par for a club our size, this new lot could be paying that if they're serious about being ambitious and growing with the club.

Do we have any idea how much they're paying us?

You've got to be really sad to get angry about a shirt sponsor without knowing the only important bit of information.

We could have massive brands like Apple or Coca-Cola as our sponsors, but if they paid us £700k it would be a bad deal. For all we know Veho are giving us £50bn!

Anyway, the logo looks quite nice and they seem like a good fit. Might be some interesting media collaboration going on with their products in addition to the Saints range they mentioned in the press release.

First big decision of new board, and its been blown.

Really looking forward to summer now...

How's have they blown the decision, alps? Do you have any idea what the deal is worth? Thought not.

And I can't imagine you'd have been looking forward to the summer anyway; you don't seem to look forward to anything other than a saints loss so you can rant on the match thread. Get a life.

Typically a shed load of folks getting their knickers in a knot over this because they haven't heard of them, then as they are a local company ooo-err that must make them tinpot too! FFS ................ And we also have the usual suspects taking pot shots at each other polluting the thread

If you have a look at their website you can see that it is a pretty good fit when you see the location of their sales offices around the world all places where the Premier league gets strong coverage.

Headquarters - Hampshire, UK

Sales office - Singapore

Sales office - Dubai, UAE

Sales office - NY, US

R&D/Logistics - Hong Kong

Do we have any idea how much they're paying us?

You've got to be really sad to get angry about a shirt sponsor without knowing the only important bit of information.

We could have massive brands like Apple or Coca-Cola as our sponsors, but if they paid us £700k it would be a bad deal. For all we know Veho are giving us £50bn!

Anyway, the logo looks quite nice and they seem like a good fit. Might be some interesting media collaboration going on with their products in addition to the Saints range they mentioned in the press release.

Exactly. It could be argued that a smaller, growing firm are likely to pay more, based on the basic market forces of them wanting to get in ahead of bigger, better known firms.

Jeezus.

Until I found out how much money they'll be giving us, I don't mind the fact the are sponsoring us.

Though people saying, "we've failed already" - how about we wait before we jump to conclusions.

I've never heard of VEHO to be fair, but give them a chance. It could be worse, we could have Wonga.com on our tops.

In 2013/14

Fulham £5m

Stoke £3m

Whats wrong with thinking we should be in the £3m to £5m ballpark for a sponsorship deal? You suggesting Saints should only be worth £1.5m stands out more than my suggestion. Yes, Fulham have a London advantage, but Saints have a better team, bigger support base and and better infrastructure.

I don't think Veho have paid that much is what I am saying.

I don't think Veho have paid that much is what I am saying.

I don't think they have either from what I can see of the size of the company. If it is still a relatively low deal in Premier League terms then its disappointing as from what Krueger was saying he should have closed the commercial gap.

Me like everyone at this stage on this board, does not know what they have paid. I would say between 1 and 2 million at a guess!

Not a bad business and a good fit for saints.... Yes we would love 5 million plus...... But hey the market is tough!

They've got more white on their shirt than we do. And a better sponsor. I'm going to support Swindon, because after all these are what really matter in football.

Coz the new board is providing rays of sunshine and assurance on the playing front. Guess one reason why a song and dance is being made is that the board claimed to be prioritising the commercial. Beyond fuzzy, fan-friendly, this is the concrete first thing they can be judged on.

Now it might be that the deal was brokered on Cortese's watch and this is another example of his cavalier attitude to revenues. Of course, you'd have to go back months, possibly as far as November when he tendered his resignation and began to withdraw from the club to make such a claim; or it might be just be that the board's plans are a bit flaky which doesn't augur very well for the most important parts of the 'business'.

Typically a shed load of folks getting their knickers in a knot over this because they haven't heard of them, then as they are a local company ooo-err that must make them tinpot too! FFS ................ And we also have the usual suspects taking pot shots at each other polluting the thread

If you have a look at their website you can see that it is a pretty good fit when you see the location of their sales offices around the world all places where the Premier league gets strong coverage.

Headquarters - Hampshire, UK

Sales office - Singapore

Sales office - Dubai, UAE

Sales office - NY, US

R&D/Logistics - Hong Kong

A bit like New York,Paris and Peckham...................

Dare I say it, but it's also not always about who pays the most. There may well be other tie-ins and benefits worth more than just cold hard cash. The 'value' of this deal is not just in pounds and pence.

To judge this deal requires a lot more knowledge than any of us have. As far as I'm concerned, the fact the founder and board members are Saints fans is a good thing, the fact they are clearly a progressive company who are expanding globally is a good thing, and the fact that they make high quality products in an advancing market is a good thing. The only 'negatives' about the deal, are based on other peoples own expectations and pre-conceptions. And that's your fault, not the clubs.

Welcome to Veho, I hope this proves to be a successful and mutually beneficial partnership.

Dare I say it, but it's also not always about who pays the most. There may well be other tie-ins and benefits worth more than just cold hard cash. The 'value' of this deal is not just in pounds and pence.

To judge this deal requires a lot more knowledge than any of us have. As far as I'm concerned, the fact the founder and board members are Saints fans is a good thing, the fact they are clearly a progressive company who are expanding globally is a good thing, and the fact that they make high quality products in an advancing market is a good thing. The only 'negatives' about the deal, are based on other peoples own expectations and pre-conceptions. And that's your fault, not the clubs.

Welcome to Veho, I hope this proves to be a successful and mutually beneficial partnership.

*like*

Well said that man.