Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

Get rid of him we need men to get out this league not pansys like him.

If we can get rid of Schneiderlin as well this could turn into a top summer.

Good job Andy Portef wasn't in charge of player personnel decisions!!!

Maybe written earlier in this thread (dont have time to go through it)

But as someone said on twitter.

We let Puncheon go because he wanted to go home to Crystal Palace...

We let Lambert go because he wanted to go home to Liverpool...

Have fun in Bournemouth Adam....

Liverpool stood firm last summer with Suarez, maybe we should try and do the same.

The most lazy analogy doing the rounds. Apples and pears. Liverpool made a quick start and ended up challenging for the title - do you think Suarez would have been so cooperative if the scousers had made a s**t or indifferent start?

The most lazy analogy doing the rounds. Apples and pears. Liverpool made a quick start and ended up challenging for the title - do you think Suarez would have been so cooperative if the scousers had made a s**t or indifferent start?

They won 2 whole league games before the window shut

against stoke and villa. Both 1-0 wins.

yeah, amazing start

Edited by Batman

This thread has made excellent reading and has cheered me up. Makes you realise how far we have come!

This one is my fav:

He's ****e anyway and, like Surman, is a Champ player at best.

If we can get over £1m for him I'd be delighted. Someone should give Mick McCarthy a ring as he seems determined to buy loads of lower league players.

If he has refused to play as is reported then we should let him go for a reasonable fee, it's a shame that it has come to this, thought quite highly of the player, but if he wants to do a Kenwyne and **** on the club and the fans so be it.

He will probably end up a good player with hard work and nurturing, if his heart is not in it however, ta ta

Well edited though glasgow, besides, looking at those that posted it was a pretty common opinion at the time

to add to liverpools amazing start

in their first 5 games, they won 3 (two of those were a mighty 1-0)

drew 2-2 away to the amazing swansea

and (oh my god) lost at home to poor old saints 1-0

lets not pretend they blew everyone out of the water and that was why suarez stayed

to add to liverpools amazing start

in their first 5 games, they won 3 (two of those were a mighty 1-0)

drew 2-2 away to the amazing swansea

and (oh my god) lost at home to poor old saints 1-0

lets not pretend they blew everyone out of the water and that was why suarez stayed

200k PW new contract in December helped out too.

Edited by Heisenberg

They won 2 whole league games before the window shut

against stoke and villa. Both 1-0 wins.

yeah, amazing start

What the f**k are you on about? The transfer window is neither here nor there :facepalm:

If he felt hard done by, he could have been a divisive p***k at any point in the season, as history has shown. He didn't - he buckled down because Liverpool matched his ambition in what turned out to be a fantastic season.

:facepalm:

What the f**k are you on about? The transfer window is neither here nor there :facepalm:

If he felt hard done by, he could have been a divisive p***k at any point in the season, as history has shown. He didn't - he buckled down because Liverpool matched his ambition.

:facepalm:

yeah said suarez only stayed because liverpool had a great start

there were two games in which he could have moved.

they won them both 1-0. Mignolet had to save a last min penalty in one of them

Suarez stayed because it was only Arsenal coming in for him. If a bigger club had tried to trigger that clause, the outcome probably would've been different. As it was, why get the lawyers involved just to finish fourth again?

Liverpool keeping Suarez wasn't so much a show of strength from the Liverpool board, as a show of weakness in the market's interest in Suarez with all the controversy he'd attracted at that time.

Don't worry about it. When he's shown up he pretends he meant something different. Got the spine of a mollusc.

You're missing the point and not responding to the post. Are you that thick?

The point is that Suarez didn't need to throw a strop or feel aggrieved for not being allowed to go to the next level because Liverpool matched his ambition. Can we do the same with Lallana.

No - hence they're totally different situations.

no, this must have been the amazing start

on feb 2 (after the windown slammed shut)

liverpool were 4th, 8 points from the top having just drawn away to WBA

The timing of the transfer window is neither here nor there.

This thread has made excellent reading and has cheered me up. Makes you realise how far we have come!

This one is my fav:

In fairness, I was right about Surman.

He is also much better now than he was then. There aren't too many players who improve as much as he did between 24-26.

That said, he clearly wasn't ****e!

You're missing the point and not responding to the post. Are you that thick?

The point is that Suarez didn't need to throw a strop or feel aggrieved for not being allowed to go to the next level because Liverpool matched his ambition. Can we do the same with Lallana.

No - hence they're totally different situations.

you SAID, suarez stayed because liverpool had agreat start.

at no point during any of the windows did it look like they would win the league

so yes, we can do the same with lallana

at no point during any of the windows did it look like they would win the league

Read the whole post - they made a fast start and ended up challenging for the title, that is they had a fantastic season. Suarez didn't need to regret or bemoan his aborted move to Arsenal when he was having success with Liverpool. That is the point, you dimwit.

Can we do something similar with Lallana - can we make him feel like Liverpool did with Suarez that he can grow and go places with us? That we can match his ambition? That is the key question.

If the answer is no....then the analogy is a poor one.

Get back behind the stove.

Edited by shurlock

Suarez wanted to leave Liverpool to play CL football

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23592181

Throughout the season -beginning, middle, end or whatever point you want to obsess about- they were legitimate contenders for a CL place.

Lallana has expressed a similar wish - can we match it?

Throughout the season -beginning, middle, end or whatever point you want to obsess about- they were legitimate contenders for a CL place.

I think he wanted to play CL football the season just gone.

Liverpool not only said no, but ignored the apparent clause in his contract

yet, you said he stayed because of their storming start. which they never really had

ok. there is the january transfer window

on dec 31st liverpool were 5th, having just lost to chelsea

is that the amazing start?

Weren't they second about a week before that and then lost to City and Chelsea in the week over Christmas?

And the winner is...

have a bit of patience and you might see a great player devlop before your eyes. Some of you lot just will never learn. Young players need time and plenty of leeway. If he wants to leave then so be it, but until he has gone it might be an idea to just cut him and all the other developing youngsters a little more slack. If you can't spot his potential then quite frankly I doubt you never will be able to spot potential.

agreed but many many players come good slightly later in their careers.

poor shooting yes, but passing and heading he's more than capable.

I'm clearly wasting my time, I rate him highly as do others on here but as with all players their will always be differing opinions.

I agree. He is a long way from being ready for the Premiership and a long (and by that I mean playing lots of games) season with us in League 1 would not do him any harm at all. Commons' prospects and status were not harmed at all by his stint in League 1 and the same would apply to Lallana. It seems like a backwards step but in actual fact his development will prosper as Mills, Monk and many other young players have done when stepping down a DIV.

Liverpool finished the 2012-2013 season in 7th and went up to 2nd this season. They were certainly not considered legitimate contenders for CL at start of season.

Why is it guaranteed that they are going to do quite so well again… football media and fans in general have very short memories. Liverpool are the bestest team ever now, last June we were allegedly competing with them for similar level and priced players in the transfer market. They want all our players to push on. Think about that coz I ****ing wish Adam would.

Edit: The season 2011-2012 Liverpool finished 8th with 52 pts. Just saying...

Edited by Mallagroth

I think he wanted to play CL football the season just gone.

Liverpool not only said no, but ignored the apparent clause in his contract

yet, you said he stayed because of their storming start. which they never really had

They were second after six - only Arsenal started quicker than them, you dullard. They were among the top four for most of the season, matching Suarez's ambitions for CL football. Even better, they nearly won the league.

Can we do the same for AL like Liverpool for Suarez - and so remove the source of his grievance and desire to move elsewhere?

Take your time, you're floundering :lol:

They were second after six - only Arsenal started quicker than them, you dullard. They were among the top four for most of the season, matching Suarez's ambitions for CL football. Even better, they nearly won the league.

Can we do the same for AL like Liverpool for Suarez - and so remove the source of his grievance and desire to move elsewhere?

Take your time, you're floundering :lol:

ok mate.

Liverpool finished the season in 7th and went up to 2nd this season. They were certainly not considered legitimate contenders for CL at start of season.

Why is it guaranteed that they are going to do quite so well again… football media and fans in general have very short memories. Liverpool are the bestest team ever now, last June we were allegedly competing with them for similar level and priced players in the transfer market. They want all our players to push on. Think about that coz I ****ing wish Adam would.

No they weren't legitimate contenders at the start of the season - that's one reason why Suarez wanted to move. Did I say otherwise?

But they soon became contenders -and therefore made it far easier for Suarez to get back onboard than feel resentful that the club was standing in the way of his progress.

I personally think that if Adam and or Luke want to leave and the club are getting north of £60m for them plus Lambert and Osvaldo then fine. As long as the club bring in a good manager and significantly strengthen we can come out of this stronger than last year. I think maybe the time is right as long as the fees are right to revamp the side.

Disagree, think we should only let one of the two leave this summer.

Care to elaborate numpty?

I've seen that picture but there's no evidence that he said that. Just going from some moron's tweet. This is how stupid rumours get started.

Your punctuation is also appalling.

I've seen that picture but there's no evidence that he said that. Just going from some moron's tweet. This is how stupid rumours get started.

Your punctuation is also appalling.

Good job i am not a teacher then.i read his tweets and that is what it said.but your right as u say its clearly a rumour and he obviously has no interest in leaving.