Saints chase Arturo Lupoli

Master Bates

Reports in Italy suggest that former Arsenal striker Arturo Lupoli is attracting interest across Europe with Wigan Athletic, Southampton, Torino and Stuttgart all rumoured to be interested in signing the player.

The Fiorentina striker is contracted to Fiorentina in Serie A but is currently on-loan at Norwich City in the Championship, having already had spells at Derby County and Treviso.

Lupoli left the Gunners on a free in 2007 despite impressing in several Carling Cup outings and was even the club’s reserve team top scorer in 2005, bagging 27 goals in 32 appearances. Partnered by Nicklas Bendtner for much of his time at Arsenal’s academy, the two formed a classic little and large partnership. Quick with the ball at his feet and intelligent in his movement Lupoli was widely tipped to make a name for himself at the top of the game.

Prior to his move to the Viola, Internazionale and AC Milan both made enquiries as to the player’s availability. According to Tuttosport, it would appear that Torino now lead the chase for the Italian under-21 international but given the player’s itinerant career he could well end up back in England on a long-term contract.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/11466/Ex-Arsenal_youngster_courting_interest_around_Europe.aspx

Would be a phonominal signing, then again most of my knowledge of him is based upon Football Manager.

Really?

He can't even get into the Norwich side and every time i've seen them this season they've been ****.

Not saying he wouldn't be better than what we have atm but can't say i'd be too excited about it.

A decent (not spectacular) player who will score goals wherever he plays.

Fits the profile of the type of player we would like to sign - young, skilful, quick, coached in our style by the Arse etc. and has resale potential.

Wouldnt be surprised at all if we put a bid in.

True but I guess a bid of a few old buttons and an IOU probably won't bring home the bacon.....

True but I guess a bid of a few old buttons and an IOU probably won't bring home the bacon.....

We found £1.2m odd for Schneiderlin in the summer and I am sure that we can find around £2m for Lupoli. Lowe, the bank etc. will see it as a good investment because of the potential resale value. Whether £2m would be enough, who knows.....

Whilst we don't have much money to play with at the moment, don't under-estimate our ability to do deals where there is good investment potential. We can't just sit things out waiting for our financial position to get better, we must trade out of it and that's exactly what Lowe has always been good at, albeit at the expense of the quality of the first team squad.

Really?

He can't even get into the Norwich side and every time i've seen them this season they've been ****.

Not saying he wouldn't be better than what we have atm but can't say i'd be too excited about it.

As I say, im basing my view mostly on the fact he's good on Football Manager.

Just checked on a Norwich forum to see why he hasn't been playing and apparently they all think he's brilliant but the manager doesn't seem to fancy him at all.

He's on loan for the whole season but think they might try to cancel his loan deal as they're trying to sign Lita for a knock down £300,000.

Reports in Italy suggest that former Arsenal striker Arturo Lupoli is attracting interest across Europe with Wigan Athletic, Southampton, Torino and Stuttgart all rumoured to be interested in signing the player.

The Fiorentina striker is contracted to Fiorentina in Serie A but is currently on-loan at Norwich City in the Championship, having already had spells at Derby County and Treviso.

Lupoli left the Gunners on a free in 2007 despite impressing in several Carling Cup outings and was even the club’s reserve team top scorer in 2005, bagging 27 goals in 32 appearances. Partnered by Nicklas Bendtner for much of his time at Arsenal’s academy, the two formed a classic little and large partnership. Quick with the ball at his feet and intelligent in his movement Lupoli was widely tipped to make a name for himself at the top of the game.

Prior to his move to the Viola, Internazionale and AC Milan both made enquiries as to the player’s availability. According to Tuttosport, it would appear that Torino now lead the chase for the Italian under-21 international but given the player’s itinerant career he could well end up back in England on a long-term contract.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/11466/Ex-Arsenal_youngster_courting_interest_around_Europe.aspx

OK, so I have got Wigan, Torino and Stuttgart interested and maybe a nibble from Inter and AC Milan. I know, must sign for Southampton.

LOL!!!!! Like we are really likely to sign Lupoli LOL!!!!:smt009

So how little or large is he?

In would prefer Lita any day for a knockdown £400,000

Lita on big (by our standard) wages and don't underestimate his capacity as a pain in the bum and disruptive influence. He's exactly what we don't need within a million miles of our impressionable youngsters.

really? i would rather have rasiak or john.....

Or Saganowski.

The only way we will get Lupoli if it's on loan and Fiorentina don't mind paying the majority of his wages. Even then I think we could find better for our system, a midget upfront wouldn't be ideal, he would probably score more than McGoldrick/Robertson/Pekhart but he's still not ideal.

• 3 weeks later...

ARTURO LUPOLI appears set to quit Norwich unless boss Glenn Roeder gives him a game.

Lupoli scored in the 1-1 FA Cup draw at Charlton — but the on-loan Fiorentina striker has not started a game since November. He said: “I’ve been patient but other clubs are interested. If I don’t play here I’ll go somewhere else.”

Rasiak will come back and partner Lupoli - That will leave Norwich and watford with no strikers and we'll stay up..Genius. But seriously that could be a great partnership.

I expect Stern John, Surman, Spiderman and Skacel to go. Saga to be recalled and Lallana to stay.

Pekhart and Smith to go back

Robertson to stay and Dyer to come back.

That means we'll move in for a leftback (everton player?) and a replacement for stern...Lupoli?

The void left by surman will be taken by Euell who will play on for less money with Cork along side him, Wotton as back up.

Lloyd james will move to right Mid and we'll sign a right back.

Jan is my dad.

2 and a bit weeks on, this looks like it could be one of the least accurate prediction posts ever!

I can confirm 100% that Lupoli was at St.Mary's yesterday to discuss terms!

My source is from within the club, but I will not be disclosing exactly who (for obvious reasons)

Negotiations are ongoing, so I guess it's a waiting game to see if these are concluded!

I must admit, I doubted this at first when I read the thread, but I assure you 100% that discussions are taking place!

I can confirm 100% that Lupoli was at St.Mary's yesterday to discuss terms!

My source is from within the club, but I will not be disclosing exactly who (for obvious reasons)

Negotiations are ongoing, so I guess it's a waiting game to see if these are concluded!

I must admit, I doubted this at first when I read the thread, but I assure you 100% that discussions are taking place!

Beggars can't be choosers but a 21 yr old who's had 5 clubs and a total of 12 career goals doesn't get me overly excited.

Meh. A player doesn't just lose talent when he leaves the academy and becomes a professional. I'll give him a chance to come good.

Perhaps the reason he's only got 12 goals is BECAUSE he's played for 5 clubs, not the other way around? Must be hard for him to settle.

Meh. A player doesn't just lose talent when he leaves the academy and becomes a professional. I'll give him a chance to come good.

Perhaps the reason he's only got 12 goals is BECAUSE he's played for 5 clubs, not the other way around? Must be hard for him to settle.

Absolutely and I'm not trying to rubbish the guy before he even joins but on the face of it his credentials don't appear to be what we need right now. Time will tell.