Dodd and Williams

teacher

With all the suicidal posts going on about the imminent departure of Poch, does anyone know the extact reason behind Dodd and Wiliams being sacked? Last we some people said on here it was so Poch could have his own people in charge.

My guess is that it's linked to the Poch situation and that the departures are part of an overall restructure/plan.

The club will have known that Poch was going some time ago and will have looked at Poch replacements. Contary to popular belief, the club is not run by idiots and I have no doubt that progress will have been made on a Poch replacemnt before before giving Spurs permission to talk. Such new man may well have his own ideas on the academy structure and/or it's coaches.

My guess is that it's linked to the Poch situation and that the departures are part of an overall restructure/plan.

The club will have known that Poch was going some time ago and will have looked at Poch replacements. Contary to popular belief, the club is not run by idiots and I have no doubt that progress will have been made on a Poch replacemnt before before giving Spurs permission to talk. Such new man may well have his own ideas on the academy structure and/or it's coaches.

They've been calm about the MP situation for months, saying all will be sorted in the summer and that they're always talking etc etc. So they haven't had a clue, it does seem to me that MP has strung them a long a bit - but they've been stupid and naive enough to allow it to happen. They won't have any plans in place, IMO. - Not yet anyway.

They've been calm about the MP situation for months, saying all will be sorted in the summer and that they're always talking etc etc. So they haven't had a clue, it does seem to me that MP has strung them a long a bit - but they've been stupid and naive enough to allow it to happen. They won't have any plans in place, IMO. - Not yet anyway.

Just because they have said they expect him to stay publicly does not mean they are naive enough to have not considered a 'plan b' should he leave which, speculation aside, is always a possibility in football these days.

They may, or may not, have to next man waiting to walk in the door but I would be surprised if they did not have a list of candidates and/or credentials needed for any potential new man.

Yep we are going to bring the entire staff of Ajax over to take the club forward

From a coach who knows when I asked he said "they were sacked because they were silly boys" didn't divulge anything else.

They have obviously let the club down on a non footballing issue which was deemed to be a case of mis-conduct if this is true and I am pretty sure it is.

The U18's didnt have a tournament in Europe at the end of the season by any chance did they ?

The club will have known that Poch was going some time ago and will have looked at Poch replacements.

Contary to popular belief, the club is not run by idiots and I have no doubt that progress will have been made on a Poch replacemnt before before giving Spurs permission to talk.

Such new man may well have his own ideas on the academy structure and/or it's coaches.

if that's the case then expect an announcement ASAP.if not someone lost the plot if we have to go out and advertise and have another 2-3 weeks delay or longer with the World Cup ongoing.

With all the suicidal posts going on about the imminent departure of Poch, does anyone know the extact reason behind Dodd and Wiliams being sacked? Last we some people said on here it was so Poch could have his own people in charge.

Apparently their nicknames were Dipsy and Tinky Winky and there's a purge on Teletubbies at the moment due to a Teletubby trauma associated with KL. Expect Lallana to leave imminently

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry but hope Franny isn't appointed as u18 coach. It would reek a bit of cronyism and if Dodd and Williams weren't deemed up to the job, I hardly think Franny is the answer.

Get someone who is experienced with a proven track-record at that level. When the main onus of the club is on youth development it would seem strange to appoint a guy who only has u12 coaching experience to his name.

Sorry but hope Franny isn't appointed as u18 coach. It would reek a bit of cronyism and if Dodd and Williams weren't deemed up to the job, I hardly think Franny is the answer.

Get someone who is experienced with a proven track-record at that level. When the main onus of the club is on youth development it would seem strange to appoint a guy who only has u12 coaching experience to his name.

Agree with above. FB is less experienced than Dodd in a coaching capacity, so unless there was some 'misconduct' involved in the sacking, this is not an 'upgrade'.

Get Poortvliet back. Always thought he'd be alright at youth level.

..or find a George Prost MkII

Would imagine he is in the Reed/Hunter circle so would fit.

Hardly inspiting though.

Your promise to be positive didn't last long. Just about everything posted today is so negative, oh so depressing!!!!!!!!!!!