Banner for Opening Game at Anfield

JackanorySFC

100% agree.

The anti-Lallana and maybe Lovren stuff is just predictable and from the outside just looks like the normal bitter reaction about a player leaving, not being grateful for what he'd done etc. We know it's not that, but others won't.

A banner solely thanking Lambert with no mention of the others is perfect.

Why does it matter if it's "predictable" or what "outsiders" might think, neither is really relevant is it.

IF Lovren now joins Pool as well and you guys just make a banner thanking SRL - that would probbably **** off Adam and Lovren more then boooing them. Thats how big egos react I guess.

Absolutely. I would rather highlight a humble positive then feed an ego.

IF Lovren now joins Pool as well and you guys just make a banner thanking SRL - that would probbably **** off Adam and Lovren more then boooing them. Thats how big egos react I guess.
Not really, they'll probably just chuckle to themselves that they took the p**s out of the club and the the fans didn't even have the front to give them any stick and will be quite pleased with the easy ride.

I think a banner saying thanks to Rickie is the more classy way to go, its more likely to get in as well.

And even if they are too thick to get it - Lallana and Lovren (possibly) - then nobody else will miss the message to them !

Silence can quite often be better than a thousand words.....

we should unroll it slowly so at first it just says "Thanks L" and they're all like :D and then we unroll it further so it says "Thanks La" and Lovren will be like :( and then we unroll it further still so it says "Thanks Lam" and Lallana will also be like :x

No idea why Adam isn't allowed to kiss the badge of the team he's been at for 14 years before later making a decision to join one of the biggest clubs in Europe. The two don't seem mutually exclusive to me. Would much prefer us to give both Lambert and Lallana heroes' welcomes but it appears many feel that years and years of dedication, quality and contribution is wiped out by one interview for his new team. Not delighted to hear him say those things, but did I pick up even a suggestion of diminished commitment or desire in his performances late in the season? No, he was excellent until the end. His private thoughts at the time were just that - private. Divulging them now might leave a bitter taste but we shared some unbelievable times - he's still one of my all-time favourite SFC players.

Absolutely this.

THANK YOU RICKIE

with this picture?

Rickie+Lambert+Manchester+City+v+Southampton+a4kME63YmY8l.jpg

More people would donate and we could advertise on other forums, 200 pounds or so could buy a 10 foot banner. Get some designs going

Picture of him being carried off by fans after the Coventry game is better.

THANK YOU RICKIE

with this picture?

Rickie+Lambert+Manchester+City+v+Southampton+a4kME63YmY8l.jpg

More people would donate and we could advertise on other forums, 200 pounds or so could buy a 10 foot banner. Get some designs going

That's a great shot. This with 'Forever Southampton's Goal Machine'

Three quotes and three names - I think we all know who they are appropriate for!

“Does progress mean that we dissolve our ancient myths? If we forget our legends, I fear that we shall close an important door to the imagination”

"Smooth runs the water where the brook is deep;

And in his simple show, he harbours treason."

"Though those that are betray'd

Do feel the treason sharply, yet the traitor

Stands in worse case of woe."

Three quotes and three names - I think we all know who they are appropriate for!

“Does progress mean that we dissolve our ancient myths? If we forget our legends, I fear that we shall close an important door to the imagination”

Hi Guan 2.0. I'm only a bear of little brain. Can you explain to me what those mean?

Guan has used one of his posts already. No news today then. :(

Apart from smilies, no news all week! I will post again in full this sunday. I asked people to give the board a week, anything I post before then will be meaningless. :)

Ramirez Morgan and Lovren?? Too cryptic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Francis Benali

Andy Townsend

Fabrice Fernandes

Are we really going to slate a player who has given so much during his time with us? While i do not agree with the way Adz has parted company with us after implying he would be the next Le Tiss figure i for one wont be disloyal to his efforts, I'm sure he had plenty opportunities to leave while we were in the darkest depths of league 1 but didn't. If everyone is intent on making banners i think it would be far more respectable to thank just Rickie and shun Adz. Do we really want to be that club that appear bitter in the eyes of the poorly informed?

SFC 1992

I'm not going to forget what Al gave to saints . I'm not in favour of a banner . Besides it will probably be confiscated by the scouse security bods or stolen before it even gets in to the ground .

What I will not forgive Adam who for is the fact the way he has treated the club and the fans with total disrespect and the way he has gone about getting this move .

I have my RAMC motto I stand firmly by in Arduis fidellis . Faithful in adversity . Shame he didn't show a bit more faith in the club

While I don't begrudge him an opportunity to play CL and 100k a week Adam showed no loyalty to saints or the club . He was our capt on the field . He conveyed his thoughts about playing for Liverpool etc before the season end .

He has betrayed me and many other fans by his antics . Good riddance he an ex saints player now

If he had conducted himself with an once of decorum then maybe the move would have still been unpalatable but would have accepted with a bit of respect .

Sadly it seems we have another tosser in our ranks mr lovren as well as Adam who

Adam who , is an ex saints player so can we please move this thread to lounge now .

Edited by Viking Warrior