State of the forum thread: Endless random negative musing threads

Matthew Le God

Yep, I know this in itself is a random musing thread but this forum is getting ridiculous.

As soon as you see some people's name as the latest person to post in a thread or as the thread starter you know before reading its like allowing a flood of sewage into your room...

[video=youtube;OTiryN--n-0]

Dalek2003

alpine_saint

Window Cleaner

Dig Dig

Pastor Patrón

Saint Charlie

eelpie

9-3

(and some others I can't remember off the top of my head)

Do you all think you all add anything to this forum that people would miss if you stopped posting? It really is an endless stream of illogical negative bull**** and is incredibly tiresome to keep reading it.

I'll admit I might not be everyone's cup of tea on this forum, but I think a good number of people like my posts and threads. I think all of the people I've listed would struggle to find many people who thought their contribution to this forum was beneficial.

A rational person would wait and see who Ronald Koeman signs this summer and what the squad looks like at on the opening day of the season and again at the beginning of September, then and only then is it time to be negative if needs be. To do so on 2nd July is quite frankly ridiclous.

(p.s. I hope the mods try and put an end to the problem I've highlighted, even if they feel they need to move or close this thread first)

Edited by Matthew Le God

It sucks, but we do have a choice in reading these threads. By replying to them or highlighting them (in the manner you are doing at the moment) only serves to encourage the posters. Ignore them instead, and the 'trolls' will inevitably change tact in order to gain the attention they crave - perhaps by actually posting something intelligent.

People can post what they like. The trouble is I put them on ignore and then everyone quotes them.

Philosophical question:

If a person writes a post and everyone has them on ignore, do they make a noise?

I can see both sides of the fence tbh. We've had years of the club peddling European/CL ambitions, we can win the league one day etc etc. We've finally established ourselves, have an excellent squad...and hey presto, it all gets sold off. It's very frustrating and I can understand the frustrations.

But in my opinion, what people have failed to grasp is that the ambitions were always hollow and it would have been very naive to believe it all. NC may have had those dreams, but without the investment behind him they weren't going to happen. And once Shaw, Lallana, Lambert get linked with the top 4 - they will go, even if NC was here. It's probably the first summer we've had substitutional interest in our players from elite clubs, and it falls on KL's tenure - but it would have fallen on NC's door if he was here, and I'm pretty sure he bailed as he saw what was coming and didn't want to be seen as part of it.

ML and now KL have provided us with a sound, stable and well structured football club. We're not going to be Man City, but we're going to be a solid, self sustaining model of a top half club for years to come. It will be bumpy from time to time, but the structure in place is pretty strong and will absorb most blows.

Most of what I have posted regarding player exits has happened so not sure what the problem is there?

Its all football and Saints related, might not be your opinion but its hardly overly farfetched stuff.

How is this thread any better than those you name? Its barely Saints related and a high horse view that your opinion counts for more than anyone elses.

Read my post history and if you still think I am on a par with Alpine then there is something wrong with you.

Edited by Saint Charlie

I can see both sides of the fence tbh. We've had years of the club peddling European/CL ambitions, we can win the league one day etc etc. We've finally established ourselves, have an excellent squad...and hey presto, it all gets sold off. It's very frustrating and I can understand the frustrations.

But in my opinion, what people have failed to grasp is that the ambitions were always hollow and it would have been very naive to believe it all. NC may have had those dreams, but without the investment behind him they weren't going to happen. And once Shaw, Lallana, Lambert get linked with the top 4 - they will go, even if NC was here. It's probably the first summer we've had substitutional interest in our players from elite clubs, and it falls on KL's tenure - but it would have fallen on NC's door if he was here, and I'm pretty sure he bailed as he saw what was coming and didn't want to be seen as part of it.

ML and now KL have provided us with a sound, stable and well structured football club. We're not going to be Man City, but we're going to be a solid, self sustaining model of a top half club for years to come. It will be bumpy from time to time, but the structure in place is pretty strong and will absorb most blows.

Good post

I thought the forum would be sorted once Barry and Glasgow left? ;)

Joking aside, not everyone will get on. People need to grow up a bit imho.

Dont take the site too serious, just fun. Its all banter

Agree. Everyone is a Saints fan and wants us to do well.

It would be dull if we couldnt comment on our squad until September.

Agree. Everyone is a Saints fan and wants us to do well.

It would be dull if we couldnt comment on our squad until September.

Rules are very very simple on SWF.

If you want to be popular or funny or one of the good posters that should post more.... Post positive things

If you want to be infamous, hated, collect a few infractions, dance with perma bans..... Post negative things

There is no black n white on here. You are a good example of this as youve been on both sides of the love/hate fence ;)

Its panto

If you want to be popular or funny or one of the good posters that should post more.... Post positive things

If you want to be infamous, hated, collect a few infractions, dance with perma bans..... Post negative things

There is no black n white on here. You are a good example of this as youve been on both sides of the love/hate fence ;)

Its panto

Ive only been on both sides because I have reacted to what happens at the club rather than having the same opinion regardless.

But yes, you are quite right. Almost as if you are experienced at this game ;)

BTW go on other Clubs forums and you will realise how good this site is.

Its panto

Oh no it isn't.

Ive only been on both sides because I have reacted to what happens at the club rather than having the same opinion regardless.

But yes, you are quite right. Almost as if you are experienced at this game ;)

BTW go on other Clubs forums and you will realise how good this site is.

Its the "lallana effect" one minute everyone loves you, the next they want you dead :lol:

I genuinely like all posters, although i know alot despise me. I can live with that

You carry on as you are Charlie. We need both sides of the debate/ arguement or this site will become very dull

#bringbackbarry ;)

They are indeed, but boring us to death is a bit unacceptable.

That is true but to be honest I don't know of a case on here where anyone has died because of tedious posting behaviour. Some have disappeared without trace tho'! I put that down to the saints web triangle.

Yep, I know this in itself is a random musing thread but this forum is getting ridiculous.

As soon as you see some people's name as the latest person to post in a thread or as the thread starter you know before reading its like allowing a flood of sewage into your room...

Dalek2003

alpine_saint

Window Cleaner

Dig Dig

Pastor Patrón

Saint Charlie

eelpie

9-3

Do you all think you all add anything to this forum that people would miss if you stopped posting? It really is an endless stream of illogical negative bull**** and is incredibly tiresome to keep reading it.

I'll admit I might not be everyone's cup of tea on this forum, but I think a good number of people like my posts and threads. I think all of the people I've listed would struggle to find many people who thought their contribution to this forum was beneficial.

A rational person would wait and see who Ronald Koeman signs this summer and what the squad looks like at on the opening day of the season and again at the beginning of September, then and only then is it time to be negative if needs be. To do so on 2nd July is quite frankly ridiclous.

(p.s. I hope the mods try and put an end to the problem I've highlighted, even if they feel they need to move or close this thread first)

You are a bit full of yourself if you think everyone elses threads are pointless except for your own.

And lets face it, you are basically a massively overpositive, pedantic idiot... Essentially the ying to their yang

Its the off season, and we have lost three of our best players money or not Id expect there to be a reasonable amount of crap flying around, ignore it if you feel so strongly about it

Its panto

**** off glasgow

I found MLG's random positive musing threads (we are bigger than Everton, we need a 50,000 stadium, just look at Chelsea in 1984, Wolves might one day maybe expand to 50,000 so we need to do it now, look at the size of our catchment area, we're off to the champions league because we got promoted from L1 to the prem and if we can do that then anything is possible, man on the moon etc etc) far more annoying to be honest. And I am finding the "we're doomed" stuff pretty darn annoying.

I found MLG's random positive musing threads (we are bigger than Everton, we need a 50,000 stadium, just look at Chelsea in 1984, Wolves might one day maybe expand to 50,000 so we need to do it now, look at the size of our catchment area, we're off to the champions league because we got promoted from L1 to the prem and if we can do that then anything is possible, man on the moon etc etc) far more annoying to be honest. And I am finding the "we're doomed" stuff pretty darn annoying.

Its easy to be annoyed by things if you just make up a list of things up in your head that I've supposedly said. You repeated these so often you've actually convinced yourself now that I actually said those things, when in fact you've twisted, fabricated and taken out of context what I said completely.

I fully agree with everything everyone says. However, trying to change the nature of the board is pointless.

I used to post pretty regularly on saintschat until about 2004 and then took a 10 year break before coming across this board last year. It's interesting to see that the behaviour, arguments, philosophical differences and, allowing for the uncertainty principle, personnel are largely unchanged. In fact, the only big difference seems to have been the transformation of crablungs from cheekie chappie into borderline depressive. Interestingly, I find following saints less enjoyable now I'm reading this board again, but for some reason I can't stay away.

The point of this post: if 10 years of bannings, rules changes, and threads like this have failed to make a difference, there's no reason to think any of those approaches will work now.

The solution: a non-anonymous board? Getting over it?

Now, please call me a plastic tw#t and invite me to eff off.

Its easy to be annoyed by things if you just make up a list of things up in your head that I've supposedly said. You repeated these so often you actually believe I said those things, when in fact you've twisted, frabricated and taken out of context what I said completely.

you were all over it less than a year ago

saying how we were bigger than everton and WHY NOT champions league and how we had a billionaire owner

remember you going on about needing a 50k stadium

Its easy to be annoyed by things if you just make up a list of things up in your head that I've supposedly said. You repeated these so often you've actually convinced yourself now that I actually said those things, when in fact you've twisted, fabricated and taken out of context what I said completely.

You seriously saying you never posted up pictures and news stories about Wolves stadium expansion? Alright then.

Never once mentioned Chelsea in 1984? Alright then.

Never started a thread that lasted forever about our stadium expansion with all the images from that CD rom thing that was sent out. And the theme of that thread was the need to get the expansion started? Alright then.

Never once compared us to Everton in attendance threads? Alright then.

You said all of that stuff you pointless bore.

And lets face it, you are basically a massively overpositive, pedantic idiot... Essentially the ying to their yang

Massively over-positive = No, I'm saying wait and see what Koeman does in the transfer window and don't judge the club on day 2 of pre-season. If by the end of the window the squad isn't improved then I'll criticise the board, but not before. That is the rational approach.

Pedantic = Yes

Idiot = No

you were all over it less than a year ago

saying how we were bigger than everton

I haven't ever said that, you've made that up.

and WHY NOT champions league and how we had a billionaire owner

I've never worded anything remotely like that.

remember you going on about needing a 50k stadium

At no point have I ever said Saints "need" a 50k stadium. You've made that up.

You seriously saying you never posted up pictures and news stories about Wolves stadium expansion? Alright then.

I have talked about Wolves plans, so what?

Never once mentioned Chelsea in 1984? Alright then.

No I didn't.

Never started a thread that lasted forever about our stadium expansion with all the images from that CD rom thing that was sent out. And the theme of that thread was the need to get the expansion started? Alright then.

The "theme" of the thread was to look at what the club had made public as to their ambitions for the stadium.

Never once compared us to Everton in attendance threads? Alright then.

Not in the context you've said I did.

You said all of that stuff you pointless bore.

No I didn't. Please prove otherwise.

Amazing how you've both twisted and taken out of context what I've said in the past that you have now convinced yourselves it happened that way.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Massively over-positive = No, I'm saying wait and see what Koeman does in the transfer window and don't judge the club on day 2 of pre-season. If by the end of the window the squad isn't improved then I'll criticise the board, but not before. That is the rational approach.

Pedantic = Yes

Idiot = No

You do come across as fairly idiotic on a number of occasions. You are maddeningly pedantic and imo just as boring as the posters you criticise. You have toned it down in the last year or so but it's still annoying.

All us regulars know what drum you were banging less than a year ago

Telling us all that we should have an expansion and posted computer generated pictures if a bigger st Mary's

Told us all the time how much bigger we are than stokes etc and even Everton. And that champions league is not out of reach

You said it. We know you said it

Just admit it and start having your own opinion

There are random musings being posted because there is nothing much positive to discuss at the moment. Once the new manager has his feet under the table and we see who is being signed and what the shape of the new team will be, no doubt we'll all get back to the same old saintsweb as before. By which I mean only marginally less bo11ocks than is getting spouted at the moment.

Dalek2003

alpine_saint

Window Cleaner

Dig Dig

Pastor Patrón

Saint Charlie

eelpie

9-3

Some of the above do get on my nerves.

But they are nothing compared to barry or glasgow.

Charlie (no offence here) but for me he just delivers it in a very antagonistic way somehow. Maybe our personalites clash trololol :lol: either way, i chose not to read his posts.

Alpine is on ignore, sometimes i read, often i dont.

Dalek - don't think that is very fair to include him.

Window cleaner is a skate no? my mistake :scared::blush:

Pastor - i agree :)

Either way, none of the above our that bad, they can be escaped and read by those who want to read them. Its not like when glasgow and barry started or runined every thread with 60-70% of all posts across the course of an afternoon.

St Richmond mind, he is pretty bazza like. Good lord when he gets rolling its time to reach for the anti depressants :scared::lol:

Peace to all, this is england not syria like!

I haven't ever said that, you've made that up.

I've never worded anything remotely like that.

At no point have I ever said Saints "need" a 50k stadium. You've made that up.

I have talked about Wolves plans, so what?

No I didn't.

The "theme" of the thread was to look at what the club had made public as to their ambitions for the stadium.

Not in the context you've said I did.

No I didn't. Please prove otherwise.

Amazing how you've both twisted and taken out of context what I've said in the past.

(I guess you are both now trawling through old threads, if you are have fun and remember to provide a direct link so we can review the context :p)

Yes you did, you said it all, and you know it.

There were long discussions about what Wolves were doing, and various other random clubs annoucing expansions - even L1 and 2 clubs you used in your pointless propaganda about how we needed to expand.

There was plenty of stuff about "in the eighties Chelsea had xx attendance, look at them now" you know you said all of that shi t. Plenty of stuff comparing us to Everton.

Frankly I am going to stop because we all know you said all of it, but you are so soul destroyingly pedantic it isn't worth the energy.

All us regulars know what drum you were banging less than a year ago

Telling us all that we should have an expansion and posted computer generated pictures if a bigger st Mary's

Told us all the time how much bigger we are than stokes etc and even Everton. And that champions league is not out of reach

You said it. We know you said it

Just admit it and start having your own opinion

I think they should expand and develop area around the stadium, it would help raise the profile and reputation of the club if we did have a development like the Cortese commissioned stadium. However you've twisted what I said over a number of issues.

I think they should expand and develop area around the stadium, it would help raise the profile and reputation of the club if we did have a development like the Cortese commissioned stadium. However you've twisted what I said over a number of issues.

I haven't. Just admit it. No one thinks bad and i agreed with you on a fair few things

In a perfect world, no one would have left (of note) ossie would have been the player we hoped and we added 3-4 more lovrens and we could have been serious challengers with Everton for top 4/6

Yes you did, you said it all, and you know it.

There were long discussions about what Wolves were doing, and various other random clubs annoucing expansions - even L1 and 2 clubs you used in your pointless propaganda about how we needed to expand.

There was plenty of stuff about "in the eighties Chelsea had xx attendance, look at them now" you know you said all of that ****. Plenty of stuff comparing us to Everton.

Frankly I am going to stop because we all know you said all of it, but you are so soul destroyingly pedantic it isn't worth the energy.

Twisted, taking things out of context, ********.

Should have added yourself on the list in your OP, MLG :lol:

I'm not being negative though am I? I'm saying give Koeman time and judge the board on the transfer activity in this window when it shuts, not on day 2 of pre-season. That is the rational way to approach it. If our squad looks poor in early September then I'll criticise the board as negativity will then be deserved, it isn't at the moment.