Poor Old Lallana

Gemmel

Do you buy the trophy argument? I'm not sure I do. Might get you bragging rights on the pundit couches, but as Frank "I won the World Cup" LeBoeuf proved, doesn't necessarily win you any grace. MLT probably has more respect for not chasing silverware through the prism of big clubs, more so than Frank "I won the World Cup" LeBoeuf anyway.

Come on, winning trophies is what it's all about.

You'll have noticed that, despite offering obscene wages from the start, Man City and PSG find it much easier to attract top players now that they're winning trophies and playing in the Champions League.

We love him for it, but Matt Le Tissier's view that he'd rather have the admiration of the Southampton area than a place in the history books as a winner is quite rare, and you can see why. From the participant's perspective, professional sport is ultimately about winning.

Edited by DuncanRG

You'll have noticed that, despite offering obscene wages from the start, Man City and PSG find it much easier to attract top players now that they're winning trophies and playing in the Champions League.

We love him for it, but Matt Le Tissier's view that he'd rather have the admiration of the Southampton area than a place in the history books as a winner is quite rare, and you can see why. From the participant's perspective, professional sport is ultimately about winning.

Playing Devil's advocate.

Matt has won a lifetime of respect and adulation within the local community. He will forever be a superstar.

I wonder if Nigel De Jong will ever get that in Manchester?

Playing Devil's advocate.

Matt has won a lifetime of respect and adulation within the local community. He will forever be a superstar.

I wonder if Nigel De Jong will ever get that in Manchester?

No, but Luke Shaw will if he stays at United for a decade and wins every trophy going.

That's besides the point though. Professional sportsmen at this level don't set out to win respect and adulation in the local community, they set out to win the respect and adulation of the world, by winning.

No, but Luke Shaw will if he stays at United for a decade and wins every trophy going.

That's besides the point though. Professional sportsmen at this level don't set out to win respect and adulation in the local community, they set out to win the respect and adulation of the world, by winning.

Professional Sportsmen also need to EARN respect. AL threw that out of the window. Luke Shaw showed how to STFU & just go. AL was an idiot from the moment he boasted about leaving on 29th March in Bournemouth.

IMHO Good luck to Luke, God Bless SRL & up yours Lallana

I understand most of the angst against Adam who . He has let us down badly .

But I have equal amounts of angst for the real judas in MOPO .

He lied saying he had another year of his contract left and it wasn't an issue .

I'm pleased the Argie has f****d off . Because we now have a super manager in charge of the Shaints

Are we going to give home a mega hard time when he brings his tean to SMS or will he be sacked by then ?

Yes, but they'll only win proper respect if they don't act like tw*ts on their way! Who (besides the whole Uruguayan population) will adulate over Suarez now. Three bites and he's out. Same for Adam - I dreamt of playing for Liverpool - kiss the badge, now he can kiss my a**e!

Yes, but they'll only win proper respect if they don't act like tw*ts on their way!

Yeah, you're not wrong. I was only talking about wanting to leave to play at the highest possible level, rather than the way Adam himself went about it the other week.

I understand most of the angst against Adam who . He has let us down badly .

But I have equal amounts of angst for the real judas in MOPO .

He lied saying he had another year of his contract left and it wasn't an issue .

I'm pleased the Argie has f****d off . Because we now have a super manager in charge of the Shaints

Are we going to give home a mega hard time when he brings his tean to SMS or will he be sacked by then ?

This

Argie c--t

Absolutely ridiculous. He was nothing but top drawer for us. The good he did for us outweighs the bad at the end by an enormous amount.

I agree. There is a definite whiff of sour grapes in the air, it's time to let it go imho.

Interesting talking to fans from around the world in Brazil. When Southampton was mentioned, to a man everyone said how much they enjoyed watching us last season, and everyone still associated us with Matt Le Tiss; so Matt is not just a local legend even 14 years after he retired.

people seem to be overlooking a point MLT made about ambition. There are two types of success and winning trophies: one is earning it with a club like us and the other is being handed it by moving to a club that already has it,

like him, I have asked which is more ambitious? While it will be very very difficult, I do not see the top as being a complete closed shop. Virtually so, but not completely.

Danny Wallace Mick Chaannon left us for bigger things and medals. Mick returned home and we saw some of his best stuff then. Neither really settled in the big club environment. Both like AL were both one club players who went to the big pool and never were the same

people seem to be overlooking a point MLT made about ambition. There are two types of success and winning trophies: one is earning it with a club like us and the other is being handed it by moving to a club that already has it,

like him, I have asked which is more ambitious? While it will be very very difficult, I do not see the top as being a complete closed shop. Virtually so, but not completely.

You mean.

Like Swansea, Wigan winning major trophies recently?

I hope al proves himself at scouseville . But he will have to work hard and he will not find it easy .

He may get loaned back to Bournemouth .

He has made his bed and he will soon find out if he has made the right decision once he has been there for 3 months

As for the media plaudits . Do they not realise that SRL had the same goal scoring assists as squarez while he was playing for saints and not Liverpool . He gas yet to play for them cheating ****s

Absolutely ridiculous. He was nothing but top drawer for us. The good he did for us outweighs the bad at the end by an enormous amount.

I agree. I also can't help but hope he does well at Liverpool. Just not as well as Tadic, particularly in the first game if the season.

If in 2-4 seasons time Lallana wanted to return I would welcome him back with open arms, im sure most would too. Hes a top player who did a lot for this club and has now moved on for his shot at the 'big time' - trophies, champions league. Things he couldn't achieve here. Good luck to him

If in 2-4 seasons time Lallana wanted to return I would welcome him back with open arms, im sure most would too. Hes a top player who did a lot for this club and has now moved on for his shot at the 'big time' - trophies, champions league. Things he couldn't achieve here. Good luck to him

Open arms? No, his star has tarnished. I would welcome his ability back but Adam Lallana the man can f**k off.

Known, or just wildly speculated now he has left ?

A friend of mine knew him when he first got into the first team under Burley, she said he was an arrogant so and so even then. Can't imagine the intervening years of all that money and attention have mellowed him much. Could be wrong, of course.

Reach round.

I think by the time, if it happens, Lallana wants out of the Liverpool bench we will have moved on and no longer need to make special arrangements to allow him to flourish. It's an area of the team that in itself is a weakness because the idiosyncratic has to be accommodated to the detriment of some other players. He worked for us now he has to fit in. Best of luck with that.