Lovren joins Liverpool - Official

toe_punt

And who pops up openly on twitter to congratulate Lovren....well the one and only "not the sharpest knife from the Saints academy"...

Could have just sent him an text message but no, had to do it in the open....

Maybe the rumours about those two are true?

Lovren got shot down on here when he made those comments a few weeks back but let's be honest, as things stand, he's right when he said that this club has no ambition.

Fed up.

OK, the board has said nothing, and seemingly only tried to maximise transfer fees while signing two replacements. As the board REFUSE to say what direction the club are going in and what is expected, then all one can assume is that there is no ambition. Are they ever going to come out and explain WTF is going on?

BTW I have decided that bed wetting, until proper replacements and a decent number of them are signed, is the best way to be. I just want to know whether we are ****ed or right royally ****ed. I am sort of leaning towards the former given our 2 signings so far. If we were to sign some real good replacements, then I can't quite get my head around why we are letting all these players go. I know the appeal of the bigger clubs that they have all gone to - is that it? It would be nice for some reassurance, but I am not expecting any from our board.

Lovren is simply a better player than we are a club. No arguments; he'll go right to the very top (and quite probably beyond even Liverpool's level).

Shake hands and move on.

Its illogical to start a bank run.

Its completely logical to join one.

Lovren is a money grabbing **** that thinks he's better than he is. I think Liverpool are spending too much money on players that haven't yet proved it at the highest level, and that may be their downfall.

I'm ****ed off about the Chambers sale because I feel it's the most unnecessary one, and I'll be ****ed off if/when Morgan goes as he's our best player, but largely I'm not fussed about the others. At the start of the summer I said we couldn't lose Lallana but then he acted like an arse and anyway we replaced him with Tadic.

The Board do have questions to answer but I'm still patient. For now.

As for Dejan? Good ****ing riddance. High profile errors will not be so tolerated there...

Lovren is a money grabbing **** that thinks he's better than he is. I think Liverpool are spending too much money on players that haven't yet proved it at the highest level, and that may be their downfall.

I'm ****ed off about the Chambers sale because I feel it's the most unnecessary one, and I'll be ****ed off if/when Morgan goes as he's our best player, but largely I'm not fussed about the others. At the start of the summer I said we couldn't lose Lallana but then he acted like an arse and anyway we replaced him with Tadic.

The Board do have questions to answer but I'm still patient. For now.

As for Dejan? Good ****ing riddance. High profile errors will not be so tolerated there...

Yes, this. Take the money and bank it before they find out what they've bought. There are plenty more where he came from.

What exactly do you blame the board for?

1.For not implementing a strategy that allowed us to lose players in a controlled fashion

2. For having p*ss poor communication despite maintaining that was their main priority when they came in.

3. For having abysmal pr that makes it appear that we are a club in meltdown and directionless even if that is not the case.

4. For lying to the fans and saying that the players would probably not be for sale when we are going to lose probanly 7 of them.

Probably more but I can't be bothered to type.

OK, the board has said nothing, and seemingly only tried to maximise transfer fees while signing two replacements. As the board REFUSE to say what direction the club are going in and what is expected, then all one can assume is that there is no ambition. Are they ever going to come out and explain WTF is going on?

BTW I have decided that bed wetting, until proper replacements and a decent number of them are signed, is the best way to be. I just want to know whether we are ****ed or right royally ****ed. I am sort of leaning towards the former given our 2 signings so far. If we were to sign some real good replacements, then I can't quite get my head around why we are letting all these players go. I know the appeal of the bigger clubs that they have all gone to - is that it? It would be nice for some reassurance, but I am not expecting any from our board.

Because signing enough to ensure we stay up whilst making a huge profit is the ideal scenario for an owner who wants to sell.

Yes, this. Take the money and bank it before they find out what they've bought. There are plenty more where he came from.

is this where we all think he was not really that good?

he was very good for nearly all of the season

granted he made a few errors, but every single player does

he is a proven top half prem player that stood out in a very good team with a very good defence.

I believe that when he plays with better players, he will look even better

is this where we all think he was not really that good?

he was very good for nearly all of the season

granted he made a few errors, but every single player does

he is a proven top half prem player that stood out in a very good team with a very good defence.

I believe that when he plays with better players, he will look even better

Jeez, why do people do this!!! He was a damn, damn fine player. Best CB I've ever seen play for us.

1.For not implementing a strategy that allowed us to lose players in a controlled fashion

2. For having p*ss poor communication despite maintaining that was their main priority when they came in.

3. For having abysmal pr that makes it appear that we are a club in meltdown and directionless even if that is not the case.

4. For lying to the fans and saying that the players would probably not be for sale when we are going to lose probanly 7 of them.

Bring back Cortese I say.

Jeez, why do people do this!!! He was a damn, damn fine player. Best CB I've ever seen play for us.

It's football fans natural reaction to good players leaving their club - pretend they weren't actually that good really, even though they were.

imagine if Lowe was currently in charge.. makes you think eh?

Think the only big statement we will get from the club is Koeman parting company with the club..

Tell you what it's frustrating being a tight arse with a fiver and being limited to 3 post, seeing the likes of gemmel spouting absolute absolute turd, to lose 5 starting eleven

Knew lovren was going but hoped for a player on first. Trying hard not to join the pessimistic bed wetters and I still think we will sign some good players but if any more players leave before we get any decent ones in then good luck to the club and I'll be staying away from this forum.

1) Define "Controlled fashion". Our players are going for an absolute fortune and you'd be complaining no matter how it was they were sold.

2) They have to keep their cards close to their chest. Communication with the fans is communication with the entire football world

3) See above.

4) Would you have preferred they came out and told the world we were happy to sell them all? At least this way we were able to get a lot of £ for them.

Come on guys, we all knew this was happening for a few weeks.

The time to start getting p*ssed off is if anyone else leaves. We've just raised near enough £100million in transfer fees, we do not need anymore. Chambers, Schneiderlin, Fonte, Clyne, Rodriguez...they all need to stay.

The time to start getting p*ssed off is if anyone else leaves. We've just raised near enough £100million in transfer fees, we do not need anymore. Chambers, Schneiderlin, Fonte, Clyne, Rodriguez...they all need to stay.

I'd be very surprised if Chambers doesn't leave soon.

Hate to say it but I can see Chambers, Morgan and Osvaldo going still, though I'm not fussed about the latter. The former two will hurt. Morgan would be a club legend if he stayed but it's doubtful with Arsenal sniffing around. Clyne and Fonte will probably stay, but would anyone risk signing Jay? Who knows. It'd calm a lot of people down though, myself included, if we saw a few 'ins' by Friday.

They won't though, we all know that deep down.

I'd be very surprised if Chambers doesn't leave soon.

Hate to say it but I can see Chambers, Morgan and Osvaldo going still, though I'm not fussed about the latter. The former two will hurt. Morgan would be a club legend if he stayed but it's doubtful with Arsenal sniffing around. Clyne and Fonte will probably stay, but would anyone risk signing Jay? Who knows. It'd calm a lot of people down though, myself included, if we saw a few 'ins' by Friday.

They won't though, we all know that deep down.

Looking that way. An announcement first thing tomorrow about Chambers leaving for such a pathetic amount to a team he won't get first team football at will knock the stuffing right out of me. My enthusiasm for next season is slowly slipping.

Maybe one of our stat whores can answer my question but has any other PL club sold 6 of its outfield players in one window before? I mean starters of course. Not looking for arguments or point scoring, it would just be interesting to know if this thing has happened before?

Chambers is 100% on his way. Schneiderlin is the next one we need to worry about. If we can keep him, that should be it then (unless lower down players leave).

Really if we've sold Chambers, zero chance of Morgan staying. Think Boruc might leave if we sign Forster. Then there's 2 first teamers with their contracts running down who seem rather unhappy.

Maybe one of our stat whores can answer my question but has any other PL club sold 6 of its outfield players in one window before? I mean starters of course. Not looking for arguments or point scoring, it would just be interesting to know if this thing has happened before?

No I don't believe they have unless maybe pompey did when they got bust.

1) Define "Controlled fashion". Our players are going for an absolute fortune and you'd be complaining no matter how it was they were sold.

Simply untrue. I've consistently said this summer that we should have allowed some to leave and then implemented a policy of telling certain players that they can leave with our blessing next season. That way you don't look like you are a club in meltdown. Saying no to chambers moving for example shouldn't have been difficult.

2) They have to keep their cards close to their chest. Communication with the fans is communication with the entire football world

Not just communication with fans but with players. A number of players have stated frustration at a lack of communication including fonte and cork who should have been easy pr wins for the club with a new contract.

3) See above.

4) Would you have preferred they came out and told the world we were happy to sell them all? At least this way we were able to get a lot of £ for them.

I preferred a strategy as outlined by one. I would have preferred a more honest approach as it was much trumpeted when this lot came in. Something like we may sell some players this summer but they will be replaced and we will look to build on the excellent work of last year would have been fine.

It amazes me that people still continue to defend the board despite this unprecedented selling of players.

Jay rod? Seriously why would Morgan want to stay?

Morgan will go when we get the best bid for him.

Rodriguez would be in huge demand were he not injured and would be going as well this window. Still may do with clubs interested regardless.

"After I played at Anfield last season, I said to myself: 'One day I hope I'll be able to play here for Liverpool'. The fans will know from the first minute that I'm a player that will give 100 per cent on the pitch."

what a load of ****ing ****, why do players spout such bull**** just to apease? I bet the L'Pool fans will lap it up though, and then in 2 years time when he signs for R.Madrid, he'll say how he dreamed of playing for them too.

Looks like Lovren caught a bad case of the Lallanas.

He tweets:

"I want to thank FC Southampton, my teammates and Mauricio Pochettino his terrific staff on a great season that we spent together."

"To Saints fans:Thank you for the wonderful and great support you gave me during the time playing for the FCSouthampon i will never forget it"

It's something, I guess

I'm surprised he'll never forget it, considering his "blink and you'll miss it" stay at the club.

I'm suprised nobody looks at this from the players view. They are professionals with a career of about 15 years. Whatever the clubs " ambition" a job offer from Liverpool, Man U or Arsenal is a promotion. Not just in salary. Do we really expect platers to turn down these oppertunities. It's not as if we're losing players to QPR or even Villa or Newcastle.

If the really big clubs start tapping players up, the only thing you can hope for is a good price. And we've certainly been getting that. Now invest wisely and another set of fans will be in turmoil.

What have you made of Liverpool's playing style under the manager?

I like his style, it's amazing and quite similar to Southampton. Their games last year were great, particularly the win at St Mary's. Liverpool play amazing football so I can't wait to join up with the team. It is a privilege to be here.

Could be taken the wrong way!!