Lovren joins Liverpool - Official

toe_punt

''This deal is a good one for Southampton Football Club, and hopefully sends a clear message to other clubs wishing to bid for our players.''

“Dejan's transfer fee will be reinvested into the team as our new manager, Ronald Koeman, builds for the new season and for years to come.”

CEO Gareth Rogers commented: “Dejan's transfer to Liverpool is yet another endorsement of the great work undertaken at our club and by the staff at Southampton Football Club.

“We can now move forward and continue to invest in the future of our club.”

Oh do f*ck off saints.

on the OS

Southampton Football Club can confirm that it has reached an agreement with Liverpool over the transfer of Dejan Lovren.

The defender, who joined Saints last summer on a four-year contract, departs for a significant fee after negotiations with the Anfield club.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/27072014-statement-dejan-lovren-liverpool-1785945.aspx#sDSDVub9xpZ503QE.99

Yeah that's some statement right there.

"After I played at Anfield last season, I said to myself: 'One day I hope I'll be able to play here for Liverpool'. The fans will know from the first minute that I'm a player that will give 100 per cent on the pitch."

what a load of ****ing ****, why do players spout such bull**** just to apease? I bet the L'Pool fans will lap it up though, and then in 2 years time when he signs for R.Madrid, he'll say how he dreamed of playing for them too.

He tweets:

"I want to thank FC Southampton, my teammates and Mauricio Pochettino his terrific staff on a great season that we spent together."

"To Saints fans:Thank you for the wonderful and great support you gave me during the time playing for the FCSouthampon i will never forget it"

It's something, I guess

He tweets:

"I want to thank FC Southampton, my teammates and Mauricio Pochettino his terrific staff on a great season that we spent together."

"To Saints fans:Thank you for the wonderful and great support you gave me during the time playing for the FCSouthampon i will never forget it"

It's something, I guess

I can't see a great deal of support right now, judging by his time line, that's for sure.

what a c**T....but then we already knew that. How is Brenda going to keep all these players he is amassing happy?

Crab Lungs - quit while you're losing. Avoidable my arse......so we should have offered Shaw, Lallana and Lovren 80-100K to stay (that we can't afford).

The mass hysteria on here is beyond ridiculous.

on the OS

Southampton Football Club can confirm that it has reached an agreement with Liverpool over the transfer of Dejan Lovren.

The defender, who joined Saints last summer on a four-year contract, departs for a significant fee after negotiations with the Anfield club.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/27072014-statement-dejan-lovren-liverpool-1785945.aspx#sDSDVub9xpZ503QE.99

So does that mean we're signing Remy then?!?!

The club statement seems to emphasise "significant fee". Great. Is Koeman going to see any more of the £80m odd that has been raised?

Is this the domino effect we were being told about, as I thought that it was for incomers rather than outgoers?

And who pops up openly on twitter to congratulate Lovren....well the one and only "not the sharpest knife from the Saints academy"...

Could have just sent him an text message but no, had to do it in the open....

Well he's not a Saints player anymore. Hardly likely to be bothered with keeping things on the down low.

Southampton Football Club appears so unprofessional during these transfers. Club comes along, player says yeah, club just kicks dust around their feet looking shy. MAN UP SOUTHAMPTON, let's give players a reason to stay instead of rolling over like we've given up before the season has even ****ing started!!

I don't blame lovren I'm afraid. I blame the board.

Liverpool come in for Lovren with any Saints board in charge, be it Cortese run or whatever, the player will want to leave and our hand will be forced. Not the board's fault we can't compete in terms of stature and wages.

He tweets:

It's something, I guess

Yep, it's certainly something. It's the most insincere b*ll**** I've seen all day.