Lovren joins Liverpool - Official

toe_punt

Koeman quote from Solent: "No bids accepted for Lovren. He's told me he wants to go, but that won't happen until there's a bid accepted."

We can't assume a native Dutch speaker is being precise with his words, but it's still worth noting he said 'until' rather than 'unless'.

He was brilliant last year for a club like us. Let's not make him out to be less than he was.

Did I not say 'Lovren was great for us'. Re-read my post and dont try to make yourself sound clever. I was just pointing out that, that was the performance that stayed in my mind. I know he was brilliant for us,,,, or like I said originally 'great'.

You suit your name.

Koeman quote from Solent: "No bids accepted for Lovren. He's told me he wants to go, but that won't happen until there's a bid accepted."

We can't assume a native Dutch speaker is being precise with his words, but it's still worth noting he said 'until' rather than 'unless'.

If we're debating his use of English grammar.. I think in this case the use of both... 'unless or until' would be correct...

You think we need MORE money before we can sign a CB?

I'd say it will become more difficult once Lovren goes. The more we sell, the lower we'll probably have to aim.

According to Koeman itself, the likes of vlaar will happen once lovren leaves.

Ps why do you have to be so condescending in all of your replies?

If we're debating his use of English grammar.. I think in this case the use of both... 'unless or until' would be correct...

It's the meaning I'm talking about. It's a small difference but saying he won't go unless a bid is accepted leaves more room for him staying than 'he won't go until a bid is accepted'.

I'd say it will become more difficult once Lovren goes. The more we sell, the lower we'll probably have to aim.

Would a CB want to come if Lovren was still here

Rumour on TUI that he has been sacked for breach of contract, refusing to train. Means we retain his contract and registration but don't have to pay him. Seen on the UI so no idea if true or not.

Surely that isn't legal? And he was training last week wasn't he?

Rumour on TUI that he has been sacked for breach of contract, refusing to train. Means we retain his contract and registration but don't have to pay him. Seen on the UI so no idea if true or not.

That's not going to be true, unfortunately.

That's what I thought. Were picture of him in Belgium weren't there?
but it might mean he refused to train after a few days, just trying to assert pressure to make the club sell. That is fine but it is bad enough trying to get the move but at the same time it will potentially cost the club millions as our negotiatig position will be less. DL is worth quite a lot of points to us, how can you put a price on that come the end of the season? Sell him reluctanly but get a kings ransom

I honestly don't know why we need to wait for Lovren to leave before we sign a new CB. We needed a new CB before the start of the window to upgrade Jos so why the hell would we be waiting until our best one leaves before signing another. We now need 2 CB's IMO and should have a decent transfer pot with which to get them.

I really want to keep faith with the board but presently things seem more reactive than proactive in the transfer market. :(

but it might mean he refused to train after a few days, just trying to assert pressure to make the club sell. That is fine but it is bad enough trying to get the move but at the same time it will potentially cost the club millions as our negotiatig position will be less. DL is worth quite a lot of points to us, how can you put a price on that come the end of the season? Sell him reluctanly but get a kings ransom

We won't get a king's ransom, Lovren's behaviour has significantly weakened our position and Liverpool know it. They won't make a new bid, they will leave us to sweat with a player who has pretty much made his position here untenable. He'll leave at some point for the original bid and there is very little the board can realistically do about it.

Thanks Dejan

Why should we sweat? It's Lovren and Liverpool who should be sweating. Lovren knows if Saints don't get the amount we're asking he will remain a Saints player. Let us not forget Spurs are interested too.

as Darren says,leave the mercenary in the reserves.

his contract is with sfc.

his head maybe in Liverpool,but we pay his wages and can do as we like with him.

as our manager said,weve not received an accepetable bid for dejan,so he stays put.

Although it would be nice to send him a message, putting him "in the reserves" is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

We won't get a king's ransom, Lovren's behaviour has significantly weakened our position and Liverpool know it. They won't make a new bid, they will leave us to sweat with a player who has pretty much made his position here untenable. He'll leave at some point for the original bid and there is very little the board can realistically do about it.

Thanks Dejan

I don't think that is the case. Lovern certainly hasn't helped the situation or himself, but bid has been rejected and the Club seem fairly adamant Liverpool are well short, additionally with Chelsea now in the mix, the price is only going one way.

There will be a bit of sweating from all parties and the deal will get done, but it wont be for the amount we have turned down.

Although it would be nice to send him a message, putting him "in the reserves" is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Yes, but what if that nose, by sheer coincidence, was a cancerous nose that if left unchecked would destroy your entire face and slowly eat away at your body, travelling down the spine eventually ripping your ballsac to pieces?

It's a good job that I don't own Saints as if I did I would just close down the whole club

and get rid of everyone. I am fed up with players refusing to honour their contracts when

it suits them, wonder how they would like it if the owners refused to pay the money hungry

to**ers if they got injured and couldn't play ? I bet they would bleat about having a contract

that must to honoured then.

:mcinnes:

I don't think that is the case. Lovern certainly hasn't helped the situation or himself, but bid has been rejected and the Club seem fairly adamant Liverpool are well short, additionally with Chelsea now in the mix, the price is only going one way.

There will be a bit of sweating from all parties and the deal will get done, but it wont be for the amount we have turned down.

The Lallana bid was originally rejected as well, didn't stop us accepting it later when the rat said he'd go on strike.

It's not like when we left Puncheon to train with the kids, he was only earning a few grand a week probably. We're in the big boys league now and we can't allow Lovren to rot whilst we have to pay him his 30/40k a week wage. We simply can't afford to do that.

Both Lallana and Lovren have completely ****ed us over

Liverpool confirmed no contact to Sky at their training at Harvard Uni Boston. "It's now in Southampton's court" as their bid was turned down.

Ah, THAT'S why all the crap about "our position softening" has appeared.

The Lallana bid was originally rejected as well, didn't stop us accepting it later when the rat said he'd go on strike.

It's not like when we left Puncheon to train with the kids, he was only earning a few grand a week probably. We're in the big boys league now and we can't allow Lovren to rot whilst we have to pay him his 30/40k a week wage. We simply can't afford to do that.

I'd say we can't afford NOT to, and should have done it at least once already. We're paying plenty of people who don't pay, one more won't make any difference. As soon as his longer term career looks impacted and there's no way he can be transferred, he'll soon come around.

Thanks Dejan

We still don't have to sell him, and particularly not to them. Simple enough.

I'd say we can't afford NOT to, and should have done it at least once already. We're paying plenty of people who don't pay, one more won't make any difference. As soon as his longer term career looks impacted and there's no way he can be transferred, he'll soon come around.

Hi poker stakes, that, but I do agree. The club has to take a stand against this trend at some point.

I'd love us to do it, but I don't think we can afford to be paying a player 40k a week to train with the reserves

Hi poker stakes, that, but I do agree. The club has to take a stand against this trend at some point.
exactly, Lovrens alleged strike, quotes in the media have cost our club millions. Therefore would it not be best for the longterm that our players are shown that the strik option etc will not work. Yes his wages are huge and a big cost but is peanuts to the big picture. if he was put in the reserves or refuses to train (I assume he would not get paid) he would come round again pretty quickly especially as he saw the potential of him going to greater things disappear as he rots away. If the club/board stood up and did that i would believe that really were the real deal and had some balls not just pussies

I think this is what will happen. Got a feeling Lovren might end up at somewhere like Dortmund but good to see Saints taking a tough line. If a club doesn't come up with the money, make the barsteward play for the U21s until he gets his inflated, brainless head out of Liverpool. It was much more difficult with Lallana as he was the captain and clearly intent on stirring up unrest so that Saints were percieved as in turmoil and he got his £100k a week. Lovren doesn't have that kind of leverage seemingly within the club and particularly with the young players who Lallana was setting a terrible example to. This doesn't excuse the stupidity of what Kruger and Hoff-thingy said earlier on mind.

Hopefully we'll have got another 4-5 signings in by the time his move happens as well to counter a lot of the rubbish written by the various weird UK tabloids owned by weird oligarchs.

I'd release a public statement to make a point of how disappointed we are with Dejan's behaviour. It would go something like this;

'Dejan Lovren has made it clear to the club that he no longer wishes to play football or honour his contract signed with Southampton Football Club only 12 months ago, consequently Southampton FC would like to invite bids from any club for his services in this very unusual circumstance. We would also like to make it clear that if SFC suspects that any club has acted dishonourably in the business of transfer arrangements with any of our players, we will be adamantly refusing to sell at a negotiable price to said club, and any premium placed on said players must be accepted if said club still wishes to conduct the transfer. Naturally we are inviting all bids for Dejan. Until such time as someone is willing to take the risk on Dejan despite his dissapointing conduct, he will be invited to train one to one with a development coach and have no further contact with the remaining professional players at Southampton FC who are prepared to honour their contracts and work towards the future ambition of the club that pays their wages.'

Yes I know I am living in cuckoo land, and this is why I would never be allowed anywhere near a PR team.

He seems to have re-tweeted what a wonderful club Atl Madrid is. Now I am not a Twitter user so have no idea about reading between the lines.

Aren't they also selling all their better players after last season's exploits. Not much ambition there then.

Would suit us perfectly though selling him elsewhere than to Brendan or north London yobbos.

Yes, but what if that nose, by sheer coincidence, was a cancerous nose that if left unchecked would destroy your entire face and slowly eat away at your body, travelling down the spine eventually ripping your ballsac to pieces?

Ouch ! ..are you, by any chance, studying to become a surgeon, Ludwig?

Exactly this, people seem not to understand this point, it comes to a point in time, i.e now, that we need to be thinking about the coming season. Losing 3 first teamers is already a massive issue. He wont strike for long, nor will he be happy to be dropped into the reserves as it impacts his career.

Id be inclined to say 'You signed a contract last year, you arent going anywhere until we have a replacement here and our asking price met, Id suggest you put up and shut up'

Exactly this, people seem not to understand this point, it comes to a point in time, i.e now, that we need to be thinking about the coming season. Losing 3 first teamers is already a massive issue. He wont strike for long, nor will he be happy to be dropped into the reserves as it impacts his career.

Id be inclined to say 'You signed a contract last year, you arent going anywhere until we have a replacement here and our asking price met, Id suggest you put up and shut up'

Yep. We need to start showing some balls and not be held to ransom.