Lovren joins Liverpool - Official

toe_punt

So, our board have capitulated again. And still no solid rumours of replacements.

Lovely further example for Morgan, Chambers, J-Rod. Beginning to feel like a firesale again. Wonder what Koeman, Tadic and Pelle are thinking ?

Meanwhile rumours abound Fonte will get a contract offer, but only by letter.

Something is SERIOUSLY wrong at SMS.

Inevitable that we'd buckle and sell lovren. On the face of it seems terrible selling him for fee we reputedly rejected weeks ago. Maybe we have got an incredibly improved deal but doesn't look that way from the outside. Also once again we are incapable of bringing in a replacement first too.

Can't see a hope in he'll of Morgan staying either.

Just hope we keep good players like cork and fonte for the scrap ahead.

So, our board have capitulated again. And still no solid rumours of replacements.

Lovely further example for Morgan, Chambers, J-Rod. Beginning to feel like a firesale again. Wonder what Koeman, Tadic and Pelle are thinking ?

It's disappointing but let's not get dramatic.

Lovern leaving is not a sudden shock, and even without his actions made publicly, what do you really expect we can do if a Club like Liverpool comes calling for our better players?

Some fans need a reality check. This is the reality of modern football. Of we plagued hard ball regarding the Shaw/Lallana/Lovern transfers what advantage would have been gained?

Lovern leaving is not a sudden shock, and even without his actions made publicly, what do you really expect we can do if a Club like Liverpool comes calling for our better players?

Some fans need a reality check. This is the reality of modern football. If we played hard ball regarding the Shaw/Lallana/Lovern transfers what advantage would have been gained?

Christ there are some right *****es on here

Hmm, I'm surprised it's taken until now for someone to write this! I'm one that rarely posts on here now, mainly due to the unpleasantness, *****ing and lack of firm action by the site owner/s. I'm so pleased I don't pay anything to come on here now.

It's difficult not to be a 'bedwetter' over the whole situation. How many other clubs in football history have sold half of their starting 11 in the space of a few weeks? We know Lovren's going, and I've had confirmation Morgan's gone, sadly. Koeman has a hell of a job on his hands

Inevitable that we'd buckle and sell lovren. On the face of it seems terrible selling him for fee we reputedly rejected weeks ago. Maybe we have got an incredibly improved deal but doesn't look that way from the outside. Also once again we are incapable of bringing in a replacement first too.

Can't see a hope in he'll of Morgan staying either.

Just hope we keep good players like cork and fonte for the scrap ahead.

Maybe the payment terms are better, all up front, for example?

Your acting like it's some big surprise. It was always going to happen if they met our valuation - Koeman said as much at the beginning of the week. Good riddance - decent money, and probably a decent replacement too.

Some fans need a reality check. This is the reality of modern football. Of we plagued hard ball regarding the Shaw/Lallana/Lovern transfers what advantage would have been gained?

This; the first sensible post I have seen on here in ages.

Hmm, I'm surprised it's taken until now for someone to write this! I'm one that rarely posts on here now, mainly due to the unpleasantness, *****ing and lack of firm action by the site owner/s. I'm so pleased I don't pay anything to come on here now.

Majority of your post norm involve the fact you're happy you don't pay a fiver a year and the lack of intelligent posters. You're nearly as frustrating as those that for every negative post replied with 'yea well five years ago saints played in league one' although I do agree with you one one thing, it would be nice if Keith and Amy took over the running of the site again IMO

Absolute **** take this guy. Thinks he's bigger than both Southampton and Liverpool by first announcing he wanted to leave and now breaking the news before the club has a chance to. More trouble than Dani Osvaldo, ****ing hope we never see him again and José Fonte injures him in the first game of the season!

Absolute **** take this guy. Thinks he's bigger than both Southampton and Liverpool by first announcing he wanted to leave and now breaking the news before the club has a chance to. More trouble than Dani Osvaldo, ****ing hope we never see him again and José Fonte injures him in the first game of the season!

Yep. He's just a football player, there are plenty more where he came from.

Will be interesting to see what the club has to say about it. Probably be fobbed off again

''This deal is a good one for Southampton Football Club, and hopefully sends a clear message to other clubs wishing to bid for our players.''

“Dejan's transfer fee will be reinvested into the team as our new manager, Ronald Koeman, builds for the new season and for years to come.”

CEO Gareth Rogers commented: “Dejan's transfer to Liverpool is yet another endorsement of the great work undertaken at our club and by the staff at Southampton Football Club.

“We can now move forward and continue to invest in the future of our club.”

on the OS

Southampton Football Club can confirm that it has reached an agreement with Liverpool over the transfer of Dejan Lovren.

The defender, who joined Saints last summer on a four-year contract, departs for a significant fee after negotiations with the Anfield club.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/27072014-statement-dejan-lovren-liverpool-1785945.aspx#sDSDVub9xpZ503QE.99

''This deal is a good one for Southampton Football Club, and hopefully sends a clear message to other clubs wishing to bid for our players.''

“Dejan's transfer fee will be reinvested into the team as our new manager, Ronald Koeman, builds for the new season and for years to come.”

CEO Gareth Rogers commented: “Dejan's transfer to Liverpool is yet another endorsement of the great work undertaken at our club and by the staff at Southampton Football Club.

Gotta love a Reframe!

OK, so that's the comment at Shaw's sale. Reed said that funds raised from sales go to Koeman, but frankly I don't waste my time believing Reed, not that he has said anything for weeks.