Saints Pre Season Thread

Mallagroth

With a higher capacity and at 1/3 the cost.

The Amex is nice but it isn't that nice.

Ten years between the opening of St. Mary's and the Amex might account for some of that difference in cost. Don't get me wrong, our stadium is perfectly fine - brilliant views from almost every seat and pitch is always immaculate - but does lack a bit of character.

#SaintsFC team vs @OfficialBHAFC: Boruc, Clyne, Fonte ©, Yoshida, Bertrand, Wanyama, Ward-Prowse, S. Davis, Tadić, Isgrove, Pellè.

That is looking much better already. Just seeing the monster in there helps.

#SaintsFC substitutes vs @OfficialBHAFC: K. Davis (GK), Flannigan, Stephens, McQueen, Cork, Mayuka, Hooiveld, Reed, Targett.

Edited by Mallagroth

Subs: K. Davis (GK), Flannigan, Stephens, McQueen, Cork, Mayuka, Hooiveld, Reed, Targett.

the starting 11 looks a bit better

Just need morgan to sort his head out and another few signings as that bench is very weak

COYR

Really don't like the fact there is no Ramirez.

Before anyone panics lets wait and see if either took a knock in training or similar. The club normally tells us where absent players are.

Edited by Mallagroth
editing for Saint_ed

Corks on the bench, before anyone panics lets wait and see if either took a knock in training or similar. The club normally tells us where absent players are.

I couldn't edit quick enough! I must have glazed over Cork on the bench.

And don't forget Jay Rod to return mid season (assuming he's not sold... but then that's true of anyone).

Surprised at how much pre-season time Isgrove is getting. Fringe at best last season. Maybe suits Koeman's preferred style.

I find him completely ineffective at this level so wouldn't consider it strengthening the squad at all.

Again you are misunderstanding what I said. I said it would improve the quality of today's bench which is...

Subs: K. Davis (GK), Flannigan, Stephens, McQueen, Cork, Mayuka, Hooiveld, Reed, Targett

If Pelle gets injured today, without Gallagher there is no like-for-like replacement even if you think Gallagher isn't ready.

' I wish to register a complaint, that midfielder you sold me not half an hour ago has a dodgy knee'

' no no it just needs resting.... still eh , beautiful beard'

'The beard don't enter into it my lad, turns out the only reason he passed the medical was that every time the doctor went near that knee he did a cruyff turn so the doctor ended up examining the wrong knee'

'He's probably pining for Fords'

'Pining for Fords? what kind of talk is that'

'Where they used to make the transit vans, he's not that bright to be honest, we used to call them Trannys and he got all confused, bless'

etc....

Got to love the gallows humour on here, this alongside Bearsy's Morgan ice cream sketch are right up there with the best.

Thanks for the LOL's in these dark times!!

No video streams, but there is radio commentary from BBC Radio Sussex...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football-28583892

:toppa:

great thanks, hope it's not zoned.

Can't seem to get it to work in Florida on an ipad, any tips?

For those out of the UK, you can use your Saint Player log-in and listen to it on Seagulls Player...

http://www.player.seagulls.co.uk/latest-news/article/4045697/date/20140731191600/page/0/name/albion-v-southampton-live-commentary

Edited by Matthew Le God