Saints Pre Season Thread

Mallagroth

Se we have added another pre season fixture in against Blackpool................5 a side.

That makes no sense. ... We had 20 odd players at bournemouth.

Oh wait, you're been reading "funny" tweets haven't you. .. Fantastic way to bring the lols.

Se we have added another pre season fixture in against Blackpool................5 a side.

lol, is that some kind of sick attempt at gallows humour by the club or something???

2 clubs with hardly any players....let's match them up!

No worry, I think it'll be ok.

Koeman is a coach that can buy good players like Pellè with Feyenoord but he can also creat good players.

I'm pretty convinced in Pellè, he is easily world class, follow my words, he is the best Italian striker. Tadic with more pace would have played for Real Madrid, technically he is brilliant.

We will see what comes after him, Fer is a good player, a strong box-to-box player with a good mentality, v. Dijk is a strong defender with a great potential, Vlaar is older but as you have seen at the World Cup, he was one of the best defenders. I don't know if those players are players that you wish as fans but I'm still quite positive about Koeman, I think he has a lot of potential signings in his mind.

For example, Depay and Clasie, the first will cost around 20m, I guess, Clasie around 8m. Expect of Clasie I don't see other Feyenoord players leave, maybe Immers, but I doubt he is good enough for BPL.

For me Pellè and Tadic are top signings, better than Lambert and Lallana.

From what I know about footballers in England, I'd say Gnarby, Moses, v. Ginkel and Stekelenburg

I would be utterly ecstatic at Depay, but that simply won't happen. He is linked with far far bigger clubs than us.

I would be utterly ecstatic at Depay, but that simply won't happen. He is linked with far far bigger clubs than us.

Yeah of course but after Assaidi most Dutch footballers want to make small steps, they want to be sure they are going to be a starter when they move.

Depay is linked with Spurs and Man Utd, but I don't think Spurs and ManUtd can guarantee him to be a starter.

You were able to sign Pellè and Tadic the two best Eredivisie players, I'd say Depay is the third best Eredivisie player, so I truly believe Koeman will get him if he wants him.

Quite looking forward to Brighton tomorrow, tickets arrived yesterday. Will be interesting to see if Morgan travels or even plays, but I doubt it for this one to be honest, he's only been back since the weekend anyway.

Anyone know somewhere good to park? brighton fan at work said it can be a nightmare around the stadium, but recommended a park and ride called Waterhall(?) may have to try that unless anyone else has any suggestions.. :)

Quite looking forward to Brighton tomorrow, tickets arrived yesterday. Will be interesting to see if Morgan travels or even plays, but I doubt it for this one to be honest, he's only been back since the weekend anyway.

Anyone know somewhere good to park? brighton fan at work said it can be a nightmare around the stadium, but recommended a park and ride called Waterhall(?) may have to try that unless anyone else has any suggestions.. :)

try http://www.footballgroundguide.com/brighton_and_hove_albion/

which mentions several park & rides. It is a terrible stadium for parking

try http://www.footballgroundguide.com/brighton_and_hove_albion/

which mentions several park & rides. It is a terrible stadium for parking

Park in the visitors carpark at Sussex House (car park 4) Sussex University across the road. Its evening and holiday time so there should be spare spaces. Theres an underpass across the A27 so only about a 200m walk. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.864051,-0.086826,3a,75y,118.36h,75.47t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1swjXGVvwGczJRfgvj8o3i_Q!2e0?hl=en

Otherwise park at the sports centre also at Sussex University and very close to the one above. You can even see the stadium in the background of the link below

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.863691,-0.089271,3a,49y,171.41h,79.78t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1su6aXgCaU46iUuG1yXdhSoQ!2e0?hl=en

Edited by buctootim

No worry, I think it'll be ok.

Koeman is a coach that can buy good players like Pellè with Feyenoord but he can also creat good players.

I'm pretty convinced in Pellè, he is easily world class, follow my words, he is the best Italian striker. Tadic with more pace would have played for Real Madrid, technically he is brilliant.

We will see what comes after him, Fer is a good player, a strong box-to-box player with a good mentality, v. Dijk is a strong defender with a great potential, Vlaar is older but as you have seen at the World Cup, he was one of the best defenders. I don't know if those players are players that you wish as fans but I'm still quite positive about Koeman, I think he has a lot of potential signings in his mind.

For example, Depay and Clasie, the first will cost around 20m, I guess, Clasie around 8m. Expect of Clasie I don't see other Feyenoord players leave, maybe Immers, but I doubt he is good enough for BPL.

For me Pellè and Tadic are top signings, better than Lambert and Lallana.

From what I know about footballers in England, I'd say Gnarby, Moses, v. Ginkel and Stekelenburg

Been watching Feyenoord-Besiktas.. strange system the Dutch use, out to the right or left and when they don't progress back to the keeper and start again.

No-one good enough for us in the 45 minutes I've seen, early season perhpas who knows. Anyway Besiktas are 1 nil up. Oh and it looks like they might be missing Pelle as well.

My ex girlfriend was at the accomodation next to the station / stadium this year. Best advice is to get the train into brighton and then connect to the one at Falmer. Pretty easy. Also a straight bus service (bit roundabouty) from the centre of the town to the station.

Parking is a nightmare - just because it's holiday time don't count on their being parking as the uni is in use all year round.

Been watching Feyenoord-Besiktas.. strange system the Dutch use, out to the right or left and when they don't progress back to the keeper and start again.

No-one good enough for us in the 45 minutes I've seen, early season perhpas who knows. Anyway Besiktas are 1 nil up. Oh and it looks like they might be missing Pelle as well.

But their best players left. Pellè, Indi, De Vrij and Janmaat, their current squad is too young and not balanced. They needed to buy decent replacements, but they did not do yet.

From what I know about Feyenoord they won't sell more players but Vilhena, Kongolo, Boëtius and Clasie are potentially good enough to play in England.

Pellè is such an important player and I'm sure he will score +20 goals for Southampton. What are your thoughts on Bertrand, I don't really know him, but as long as there are replacements I'm happy.

Rojo was one of the best players at the World Cup, how many Heineken barrels do you guys drink when he comes?

Rojo was one of the best players at the World Cup, how many Heineken barrels do you guys drink when he comes?

For him we'll drink good English beer: it's not so fizzy and easier to drink.:-)

Thanks for your comments, by the way, it's good to have a different perspective.

For him we'll drink good English beer: it's not so fizzy and easier to drink.:-)

Thanks for your comments, by the way, it's good to have a different perspective.

Heineken is just an inferior beer, true. There are much better kinds of beer out there, also in the Netherlands like Brand, Gulpener and Amstel.

What players do you really want Saints FC to buy for next season?

But their best players left. Pellè, Indi, De Vrij and Janmaat, their current squad is too young and not balanced. They needed to buy decent replacements, but they did not do yet.

From what I know about Feyenoord they won't sell more players but Vilhena, Kongolo, Boëtius and Clasie are potentially good enough to play in England.

Pellè is such an important player and I'm sure he will score +20 goals for Southampton. What are your thoughts on Bertrand, I don't really know him, but as long as there are replacements I'm happy.

It's a strange one but yes even Heineken barrels. Thanks for insights to Dutch football by the way.

Phoned Brighton about tonight and it is allocated seating - bit p*ssed off with Southampton ticket office to be honest as they haven't put my kid in the same row as me. The Brighton box off ice were brilliant i have to say and a steward will sort it on the night , although I'd like to think our fellow fans wouldn't mind too much in any case.

Wonder if we'll get to see Bertn'ernie play tonight ?

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/11378558.Schneiderlin_to_sit_out_friendly_against_Brighton/?ref=mac

Saints midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin to sit out friendly against Brighton

10:33am Thursday 31st July 2014 in Saints News

Daily Echo: Schneiderlin to sit out friendly against Brighton Schneiderlin to sit out friendly against Brighton

Midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin is unlikely to be involved in Saints’ trip to Brighton tonight – but only because of fitness reasons.

Saints visit the Amex Stadium this evening for their penultimate friendly of the summer, with French star Schneiderlin back among the squad after returning to Southampton this week.

The 24-year-old is unhappy after being informed that he will not be allowed to leave St Mary’s, like Rickie Lambert, Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren and Calum Chambers before him.

Schneiderlin issued a message via Twitter on Tuesday night, saying the “amazing journey”

he had been on with Saints in the last six years had been “destroyed”.

That followed a meeting that is understood to have taken place with the club’s board, in which he was informed he would not be sold.

Chairman Ralph Krueger also told the Daily Echo that neither Schneiderlin nor fellow Tottenham target Jay Rodriguez would be allowed to depart.

Schneiderlin reported to the club’s training ground as normal yesterday morning, where he spoke with Koeman.

It was alleged in some sections of the media that he had also handed in a transfer request, although sources at St Mary’s and close to Schneiderlin indicated that was not true.

As far as the club is concerned, Schneiderlin, left, remains available to be used as manager Ronald Koeman sees fit, after being informed he is an integral part of the Dutchman’s plans for the campaign.

However, having only just started his preseason preparations, after a late return date due to his involvement with the France squad that reached the quarter- finals of the World Cup, Schneiderlin is unlikely to be ready for action this evening.

Saints boss Koeman will make a final decision today on whether he will travel, though.

Tonight’s fixture promises to be Saints’ toughest test of preseason so far, against a Brighton side that reached the Championship playoffs last term.

Saints have already played games against Dutch amateurs EHC Hoensbroek, Belgian minnows Sporting Hasselt, League One outfit Swindon Town and Championship team Bournemouth – winning all four games without conceding a goal.

After tonight’s match, the only game left on the schedule before the Premier League kicks-off is a meeting with German club Bayer Leverkusen at St Mary’s on Saturday, August 9.

Not sure if anyone has had the chance to watch Jose Fonte's latest interview (

) but the interviewer asked him explicitly about the captain's armband. I don't think it's too much a stretch of the imagination to therefore presume that he'll get it throughout next year. A fantastic decision if it turns out to be true.

) but the interviewer asked him explicitly about the captain's armband. I don't think it's too much a stretch of the imagination to therefore presume that he'll get it throughout next year. A fantastic decision if it turns out to be true.
Im not sure Fonte will be captain, if we havent offered him a contract. I also suggest a large section of fans didnt think he should be first choice anyway

Also suggests, obviously, that he'll get a new contract and that we wont sign more than one first choice cb.

I'm convinced Nigel would come back to Saints if ever asked me. I have always had so much respect for him and all he did. He understands how we Saints feel after being screwed in the same way he was.

Talk about screwing, we're being screwed again tonight with no stream, no commentary. How the hell do they want us to be enthusiastic, when for the past week, not one video, photos of the squad. Can see why no one wants to buy season tickets. Screw them.

Not sure if anyone saw these but Nigel Adkins has had a bit to say about Southampton recently: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9401469/former-southampton-manager-nigel-adkins-believes-club-will-cope-despite-exits

Still love the guy. Sounds like he still cares for us, too!

thanks for the link. Smashing bloke, and good to hear him saying the saints supporters are magnificent. It actually means something form a man who has left us and has nothing to gain from ingratiating himself .

Not sure if anyone saw these but Nigel Adkins has had a bit to say about Southampton recently: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9401469/former-southampton-manager-nigel-adkins-believes-club-will-cope-despite-exits

Still love the guy. Sounds like he still cares for us, too!

"The club is bigger than anything that goes on and the supporters are always the heart of that club.”

I like that man an awful lot, much respect considering the manner of his leaving

On hols with Mrs D_P, have a couple of days stopover in BKK

Amazed to find our new shirt is on sale here as a dodgy fake.

Love the new badge

293avkg.jpg

(I may have made all that up and nicked this from FB - thanks Eric!)

Love it.

Let's hope Supermarket FC have a no-returns policy:

"I am so sorry Madam but if you let your shiny new left back get fat, that is not covered by the warranty"

"Oh no sir, that particular model of centre back is not suitable for use in the Americas anymore after they were recalled earlier this year"

"Yes Mr Rogers, you always pay the higher fee on a BOGOF offer"

' I wish to register a complaint, that midfielder you sold me not half an hour ago has a dodgy knee'

' no no it just needs resting.... still eh , beautiful beard'

'The beard don't enter into it my lad, turns out the only reason he passed the medical was that every time the doctor went near that knee he did a cruyff turn so the doctor ended up examining the wrong knee'

'He's probably pining for Fords'

'Pining for Fords? what kind of talk is that'

'Where they used to make the transit vans, he's not that bright to be honest, we used to call them Trannys and he got all confused, bless'

etc....

' I wish to register a complaint, that midfielder you sold me not half an hour ago has a dodgy knee'

'The beard don't enter into it my lad, turns out the only reason he passed the medical was that every time the doctor went near that knee he did a cruyff turn so the doctor ended up examining the wrong knee'

'Where they used to make the transit vans, he's not that bright to be honest, we used to call them Trannys and he got all confused, bless'

etc....

Love it

On hols with Mrs D_P, have a couple of days stopover in BKK

Amazed to find our new shirt is on sale here as a dodgy fake.

Love the new badge

293avkg.jpg

(I may have made all that up and nicked this from FB - thanks Eric!)

Hi Phil, good to hear from you. Do you really expect us to believe that you took your Mrs to Thailand, to Bangkok? ;)

Love the badge, where can I buy one?

etc....

Very good, I love it.

How did he do his knee, by the way, one too many Cruyff turns?

Hi Phil, good to hear from you. Do you really expect us to believe that you took your Mrs to Thailand, to Bangkok? ;)

Love the badge, where can I buy one?

Duh yes of course she is here. She won the farking holiday! Wasn't gonna let HER go on her own!

Sou Cowboy tonight then taking this plus our Dxb Saints logo down Pratunam tomorrow to see if can get stuff made in time!#couldsellmorethanthestripes!

But have to credit EoA who shared it on FB