Francis Benali's Big Run

Norm

Franny now in Swindon, he stopped for a chat earlier

Fair play fella one hell of a run

Well I ****ed that up good and proper. Monitored most of the day to track where he was, left work early to head to Wootton Bassett where he was clearly headed, just in time to see him dive in to his support vehicle. Assumed he'd finished for the day so headed home, only to find when I got online that he was running again, not only that but his route went within about 100 yards of my office. Should have just stayed at work longer I guess.

Currently heading into Swindon, maybe he is heading for the County Ground, should be there in about 5 minutes - he runs a hell of a pace.

Finally got a mention in a national paper. Ok so it's the Daily Heil which is a total rag, but at least he's got a higher profile mention than the Echo, bless them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2748093/Francis-Benali-pushing-limit-ex-Southampton-defender-runs-1000-miles-three-weeks-Cancer-Research.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Donated again. Sod it, it's only money I'd have spent on beer.

A little surprised that this has had so little mainstream coverage. I get that he's not a high profile ex-player, but the feat in itself is extraordinary. Hoping there'll be one extra final push of goodwill and donations as he makes it to St. Mary's on Saturday.

Is the figure given on the just giving site , the online figure . With on the road collection tins and private donations, sponsorship still to be counted?

all details are on Frannies Just giving website

https://www.justgiving.com/BenalisBigRun

Online donations£40,369.50

Offline donations£18,861.00

Text donations£8,250.00

Total raised£67,480.50

Gift Aid£8,628.32

* Charities pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.

About JustGiving

About us

Work with us

Meet the teams

Media centre

For fundraisers

Fundraise for a charity

Create a Yimby project

Help

For companies

Company fundraising

Partnerships

all details are on Frannies Just giving website

https://www.justgiving.com/BenalisBigRun

Online donations£40,369.50

Offline donations£18,861.00

Text donations£8,250.00

Total raised£67,480.50

Gift Aid£8,628.32

* Charities pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.

Just bear in mind that the offline donations total depends on the site owner (Franny or his assisitant) uploading the amount, whereas the other two parts are automatic and accurate.

I just donated - the numbers have picked up this week and hopefully we'll see a sharper rise as we get towards Saturday. Would like to see more current and ex-footballers putting some in. It's great that MLT, Shearer, Austin etc are helping but would like to see more from others in the game.

I just donated - the numbers have picked up this week and hopefully we'll see a sharper rise as we get towards Saturday. Would like to see more current and ex-footballers putting some in. It's great that MLT, Shearer, Austin etc are helping but would like to see more from others in the game.

Austin who, Hayes?

I know you can see where he is in real time, via the GPS tracker, but is there anywhere that shows his proposed route in advance? I'm wondering where he will go when he leaves Crystal Palace on Friday morning down towards Hampshire as I'm not too far away from Croydon.

photo.jpg managed to get a run with Franny today, Matt tagged along behind! What a great guy, some of my customers did a golf day and we managed to boost the fund by 1500 quid, hopefully he will get over the 100K by Saturday, lots of press there, which was such a good thing. Big interview with talk Sport whilst riding his warming bike. Charlie Austin turned up but didn't run, no sign of Saggy, you'd think he might have shown his support for a fellow southerner, think he knows Franny too. Anyway, great day, great team and a great cause. Anyone is welcome to join him running, just track him down, and of course, donate please.

What this man is putting himself through is incredible, come on people, let's get him crashing through the £100k mark

That's the least we should be giving. So far he's raised about £1 for every Saints fan who went to the JPT final. Given that most people have donated at least a tenner, that means a lot of people are yet to give a thing. Come on people. Have one pint less down the pub after work tomorrow night and sent the money Benali's way.

That's the least we should be giving. So far he's raised about £1 for every Saints fan who went to the JPT final. Given that most people have donated at least a tenner, that means a lot of people are yet to give a thing. Come on people. Have one pint less down the pub after work tomorrow night and sent the money Benali's way.

T H I S ! !