Transfer Deadline Day Thread!

nta786

Ashton trying hard....

Will Morgan Schneiderlin finally move to Spurs? His agent certainly hopes so

It's one of the longest-running sagas of this summer - will Morgan Schneiderlin finally get the move to Tottenham that he wants? Neil Ashton has the latest:

'An anxious day for Morgan Schneiderlin. His agent was at Southampton's team hotel on Saturday trying to convince the board to let the midfielder leave for Tottenham... And then his client scored twice in an impressive 3-1 victory.'

Were the board at the team hotel??? Sounds a bit strange if they were.

I am a bit reluctant to say this with 11 hours still to go but....if it is true that Spurs have this summer tried to get MS, JRod and now Clyne, AND if they end up getting none of them, I think this may leave a big chunk of egg on Pochetino's face. I just imagine that when he was having his deceitful and underhand meetings with Levy back in April/May he may well have promised that if he was appointed he would be able to bring the above mentioned players with him. He may have underestimated the resolve of our Board. I hope that is the case anyway but I guess we'll never know until it becomes a footnote in Levy's autobiography justifying why he sacked Poch.

I am a bit reluctant to say this with 11 hours still to go but....if it is true that Spurs have this summer tried to get MS, JRod and now Clyne, AND if they end up getting none of them, I think this may leave a big chunk of egg on Pochetino's face. I just imagine that when he was having his deceitful and underhand meetings with Levy back in April/May he may well have promised that if he was appointed he would be able to bring the above mentioned players with him. He may have underestimated the resolve of our Board. I hope that is the case anyway but I guess we'll never know until it becomes a footnote in Levy's autobiography justifying why he sacked Poch.

Managers rarely have a great deal to do with completing transfers these days.

Poch may well have stated he'd like them, but I'd imagine the dealings would be left to Levy and Baldini.

Managers rarely have a great deal to do with completing transfers these days.

Poch may well have stated he'd like them, but I'd imagine the dealings would be left to Levy and Baldini.

Sorry, you're right...what I should have said was perhaps he told Levy he would be able to 'persuade' those players to follow him.

spurs in for wellbeck

Makes a lot more sense than JRod.

Utd said he wouldn't go to any competitor. If I was facetious, I would ask who their competitors are? Having said that, Utd are aiming for top 4, so maybe they don't consider Spurs to be their competitors.

For those moaning about loans its worth mentioning that clubs are and will be using this more and more as a tactic to get around the FFP rules.

Those done with a view to a permanent deal naturally delays payment until next season while they will also get the player on a reduced salary in most cases.

Edited by saint_ed

For those moaning about loans its worth mentioning that clubs are and will be using this more and more as a tactic to get around the FFP rules.

Those done with a view to a permanent deal naturally delays payment until next season while they will also get the player on a reduced salary in most cases.

Precisely right - It's a good tactic that most clubs around the world use - Even Man Utd !

True, and I have no problem with that. What ought to be prohibited though is loans within the same division. Somebody already pointed out that we'll have to field a 2nd choice left back for two games against chelsea this season, while our 1st choice helps us take points off chelsea's rivals. That's how they've used lukaku for the last couple of seasons.