Transfer Deadline Day Thread!

nta786

Southampton boss Ronald Koeman is keen to sign a winger today and Andros Townsend was reportedly under consideration, perhaps in exchange for Jay Rodriguez, but Roger Clarke tells Sky Sports News that they will not be pursuing a deal. Nathan Redmond of Norwich City, however, remains very much on their radar.

Bit gutted United look to have Falcao to be honest. I was hoping for another summer of transfer market failure for them. Can't believe they got him on loan though (assuming it's true). They're getting his talent without having to cough up any more than his salary.

It's hardly been successful for them though. Ok they've got people in, but the two areas that needed addressing, CM and CB are still painfully weak.

Also, some reports are saying Falcao with fees, wages etc will cost United c~£20m for the season.

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove

It's hardly been successful for them though. Ok they've got people in, but the two areas that needed addressing, CM and CB are still painfully weak.

Also, some reports are saying Falcao with fees, wages etc will cost United c~£20m for the season.

talksport started with a £12m figure then went to £18m and now at £25m. If paying £200k a week, that's £10m straight up. And now they say a £6m fee with option to buy.

Koeman also confirmed that he has not considered a move to sign Ajax goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer, who is expected to join Feyenoord.

He added: "We didn’t think about Kenneth Vermeer. We have bought Fraser Forster, who is 26 years old and a fantastic goalkeeper, who is part of the England squad."

The Dutchman also acknowledged that deals for Aston Villa defender Ron Vlaar and Dynamo Kiev forward Jeremain Lens ‘didn’t succeed’, and that he opted against an approach for Queens Park Rangers new boy Leroy Fer due to the number of midfielders already at his disposal.

I dont get the hype over Redmond. He is looking v.average in the championship and Norwich fans are very mixed on him

Townsend has shown far more potential, has England caps and proved last season what a handful he can be

Townsend is much better option than Redmond imho

However i dont think we will get either ;)

Scoring against us was the only impressive thing I saw Redmond do last season, otherwise very disappointing and with no end product for all his pace.