Transfer Deadline Day Thread!

nta786

At what point do we start to panic that there's been no news or announcements. I'd like to set an alarm so I don't miss out. I'm guessing the Guan smiley warning system will be in operation prior to any official announcements too?
did we ever find out what the Red panda was all about?

BBC World Service reporter John Bennett: "It looks as though Hull City have failed in their attempts to sign Marseille and Ghana winger Andre Ayew.

"Marseille accepted a bid but the French press are reporting that Ayew has turned down Steve Bruce's offer. There's still a good chance that Ayew will be Premier League player before the deadline.

"QPR are said to be interested and for the first time this summer, I've seen Aston Villa being linked with his signature. Ayew is the son of former African footballer of the year Abedi Pele."

Seriously how would we feel if the club spent 14 million on an injured player, who isn't guarnteed to ever re-capture his pre-injury form and might not be match fit for months?

Jay is fine. Not injured any more, just going through a pre-season and strength building process. Should be back October time.

Jay is fine. Not injured any more, just going through a pre-season and strength building process. Should be back October time.

For someone with little previous ITK credentials you seem to be consistently certain of this. Did I miss something?

What I would say is that these sort of injuries can just go again, even when the experts think it's healed.

Talksport just made a big thing of saying Spurs are trying to get Rodriguez today.

The same bloke on TSport- Warren Hawton or something - 5 minutes earlier linked Towsend/Morgan swap. In my listening experience he seems to know very little about us, he has a slot to fill so fills it with all sorts of crap.......hopefully in this case.

For someone with little previous ITK credentials you seem to be consistently certain of this. Did I miss something?

What I would say is that these sort of injuries can just go again, even when the experts think it's healed.

Never really ITK, but ITK on this one. Barring in recurrences/tweaks/knocks, they are looking to have him available for full training late October/early November.

From BBC Football site:

"15:31

I've just seen someone tweeted Southampton after they confirmed Saphir Taider's departure asking what they should do with their away shirt, having got Taider's name printed on it.

The club have kindly offered to replace it, but seems an odd thing to get your shirt, given he'd only been at the club for three weeks..."

She knows a great deal about football actually, blimey you're very bitter.

Perhaps offscreen, but it doesn't come across when she is presenting or interviewing people. She asks daft questions and doesn't seem aware of a wide range of things to do with the sport. Don't you agree that she makes constant mistakes in her delivery? She really does struggle to read auto-cues, its just mistake after mistake. Surely the ability to read an auto-cue is a key skill in presenting on SSN that most of the other presenters manage to do fine.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Perhaps offscreen, but it doesn't come across when she is presenting or interviewing people. Do you agree that she makes constant mistakes in her delivery? She really does struggle to read auto-cues, its just mistake after mistake. Surely a key skill in presenting.

She's not bad, far from the worst (that's in presenting skills)

Perhaps offscreen, but it doesn't come across when she is presenting or interviewing people. She asks daft questions and doesn't seem aware of a wide range of things to do with the sport. Don't you agree that she makes constant mistakes in her delivery? She really does struggle to read auto-cues, its just mistake after mistake. Surely the ability to read an auto-cue is a key skill in presenting on SSN that most of the other presenters manage to do fine.

Leave her alone MLG. Hayley is amaze-balls.

Wtf?

Unless jay is superhuman he will not be seen on a pitch until 2015.

Even then there is no guarantee as to his ability to be able ever regain any movement abilities he had pre injury. It's sad I know but a fact.

Assuming he remains a saints player this season, my first concern is that jay is able to actually get on the pitch this season and complete a full game.

There is zero chance of him recapturing pre injury form/ fitness/movement befor next season. Acl is about the ugliest injury you could do

You've never "done it" with a lady have you MLG ;) Probably never even seen a birds boobs!

Isnt your nickname Mr wrong on here? Bit rich to start picking on others faults.

You clearly think women have no place in football. Horrible attitude MLG!!