Transfer Deadline Day Thread!

nta786

Recapturing his form will also be reliant on getting his head straight too. ACL's usually happen when you feel at your strongest and often occur in innocuous looking incidents...it remains in the back of your mind for a long time.:?

I saw it happen to a mate of mine. It was only b grade indoor, but he just went to turn and shoot and instead fell in a crumpled heap.......

What you say is exactly correct. I seriously hope jay recovers as quick as possible and is straight back into it.... I would not even wish a recurrence even if he left the injury is so bad....

Anyway this is about deadline day... Aren't we looking to sign some guy called Messi or something today?

It's because a fax is a legally binding document, like a hard copy. Emails and scanned documents aren't.

Lots of legal documents are sent as PDFs though.

I'm always surprised that the players seem to have to come to the club in person to sign. At worst, you'd thnk they could use couriers when ,for example, a player is with his national team as many are today.

Lots of legal documents are sent as PDFs though.

I'm always surprised that the players seem to have to come to the club in person to sign. At worst, you'd thnk they could use couriers when ,for example, a player is with his national team as many are today.

Pretty sure all our legal documents at work are signed and scanned, or signed using Echosign.

It's because a fax is a legally binding document, like a hard copy. Emails and scanned documents aren't.

That's how it used to work, but electronic signatures are now legally binding, so I guess the days of fax machines for football deals are over.

I vote for Kirsty Gallagher. MLG votes for Jim White.

I thought I'd be getting some deadline news, instead I've stumbled upon the Totty Deadline Day Thread. Living across the pond, I've had to spend the last hour on google images finding out who you all are talking about.

Come on chaps, don't forget :rule1:

Kirsty-Gallacher-17.jpg

17:14

Roger Clarke is at Southampton's Staplewood training ground and can report two players are currently undergoing medicals with the club. Saints are hoping to wrap up business to sign Atletico Madrid centre-back Toby Alderweireld and Salzburg midfielder Sadio Mane in the next few hours.

This will have ended up being a great window for us...we will end up with far more depth in the squad than last season and replacements for the turncoats, I think, will leave us in a stronger position.

To get the 2 having medicals is quite a coup.

The biggest coup of the window is keeping hold of Morgan and with Rodriguez to come back this could be a very exciting game.

Hopefully there will be some humble pie, and apologies, for the mass hysteria aimed at the board and Kruger earlier this summer.

It would seem that Toby, Mane, Pelle and Tadic are all Koemans own identified targets which leaves Les and our scouting team finding Bertrand, Gardos and Taider (less said the better). Maybe there's an opportunity for some cost-saving.

Pelle obviously, Tadic I can see.

What's the link with Toby A & Mane? Not trying to be confrontational (tone can get lost on here), genuinely interested.

Christ, this thread almost has me sympathising with feminism.

*imagines half the people in this thread in a string vest gawping at the totty, betcha don't get many a them to tha paaahhnd, Hyah Hyah Hyah*

sid_270.jpg

Quite, all the sniping at MLT gets to me too. Face it people, 99% of the time he's right and he's always polite, what's wrong with that?

Pelle obviously, Tadic I can see.

What's the link with Toby A & Mane? Not trying to be confrontational (tone can get lost on here), genuinely interested.

Apparently Koeman saw Mane play against Ajax in Europe.

You'd imagine that if our scouts were half decent they'd have known about all the players we've signed and maybe it was down to Koeman to decide exactly who he wanted.