Transfer Deadline Day Thread!

nta786

recently separated from her husband, in case you'd like to know....

I smarten my shirt, spritz the breath freshener into my mouth, comb my hair and...

...sigh, in sadness she will never be mine. :-(

So at half 2 ish I thought I'd shut my eyes on the sofa for 40 winks. I've only just woken up. We haven't signed anyone yet? Well I must say I thought there'd be more panic amongst SaintsWeb posters. Congratulations to you all for your calm.

NOW ****iNG SIGN SOMEONE! :-)

Who is Andy Mitten?

A guy who runs a fanzine called The People's Person and refers to himself in the third person whenever reporting. He provides us with wonderful twitter nuggets such as...

"If MUFC manage to stay up in '14-15, it will mark 40 full seasons in the top flight. Surely that could be used to attract another sponsor?" :lol:

He appears convinced he has an inside line on United though I have no idea how reliable he is.

Here's his twitter bio

United We Stand ed since '89. Write for The National, FourFourTwo, M.E.N, Yahoo/Eurosport, ESPN, Esquire, PlayUp, Daily Post et al. Author of 11 books.

Edited by farawaysaint

If United value Shaw at £31M and have just paid about £60M for the other dude then we'll have £45M for Morgan ta.

Barring that, they can sod off and compete for sixth with the rest of us.

If we have no further exits today (all the best Jos) and the performances continue to improve, then personally I think we can judge the summer business to be a slightly fraught but heavily-disguised success. :

For everyone apart from the owner...

If that really was her best attempt at a meltdown-inspired asset-stripping firesale, then I'm afraid she doesn't know what she's doing.

If United value Shaw at £31M and have just paid about £60M for the other dude then we'll have £45M for Morgan ta.

Barring that, they can sod off and compete for sixth with the rest of us.

If we have no further exits today (all the best Jos) and the performances continue to improve, then personally I think we can judge the summer business to be a slightly fraught but heavily-disguised success. :

For everyone apart from the owner...

If that really was her best attempt at a meltdown-inspired asset-stripping firesale, then I'm afraid she doesn't know what she's doing.

'Twas an Irish fire sale to be sure!!

I was watching the highlights of Morgan's game on Goals on Sunday and I thought to myself "he's become the French Bryan Robson" - i.e. box to box, super professional, can now score goals and tackles hard, all at the top level.

So United can stump up £40m + Fellani and I might be ok with it.

(watch Morgan relegate Middlesborough in 2028 as well)

Defoe to Leicester? I know he used to play for that lot down the road but I think that's a good signing. I'd be more than happy if we signed him. He'll always score goals and if Woy had any ******** he'd still have him in the England squad.

32 years old, we're looking for young, up coming players, not old has beens ready for their golden pay day..

EXCELLENT news, Mane and Toby are exciting young players. If they turn out to be as exciting as Tadic (so far the find of the season, very impressed with this player, lallanna who?, we are in for a seriously good season. Our positions that needed strengthening have been filled. The board have come good on their promise.

Will they even give us a little treat by adding another unexpected player? We have money and we are now sitting in a commanding position with our squad ready to tackle the PL. Maybe something to good to refuse may come up?

How about a swing for the fences type of player. Manchester City marksman Alvaro Negredo :)

or more realistic luxury signing of a former player of our coach John Guidetti from MC.

Who would you think would be the icing on the cake if we could get one more (ayew, Amauri, bryam, Defoe, Lens,Lacazette, Ings, Classie, redmond, lennon, Saints go marching on!

Crazy what Chelsea have done to the transfer market, surly this hording of young players that have been developed by other clubs has got to stop!!! :

Marco van Ginkel to AC Milan makes it 21 Chelsea players out on loan in seven different countries at the moment (including those like Fernando Torres, who is technically out on loan for the final two years of his contract, so probably won’t be coming back).

the Football League’s “emergency” loan window opening on September 9.

'There are some very good players in Chelsea’s official catalogue of loaned players is: Torres, Van Ginkel (both AC Milan), Wallace, Traore, McEachran (all Vitesse), Rodriguez (Bastia), Swift (Rotherham), Romeu (Stuttgart), Moses (Stoke), Perica (Breda), Piazon (Eintracht Frankfurt), Pasalic (Elche), Kalas (Cologne), Marin (Fiorentina), Cuevas (Universidad de Chile), Kakuta (Rayo Vallecano), T.Hazard (Borussia Monchengladbach), Atsu (Everton), Omeruo, Bamford both (Middlesbrough) and Bertrand (Southampton).'

Ok, it's getting late here and so nearly time for bed.

In my secondary life mission (ie to bring the world's worst possible karaoke songs to the Public domain) in the past week I discovered a new song to sing that 1) brings the house down (in more ways than one) and 2) either gets me gallons of free beer for the sheer balls to do it or 3) thrown out for ruining everyone else's evening.

Anyway, that isn't relevant to the Deadline day thread. What IS relevant is that my latest sh1yt song epic actually is one I have been humming most of today while I looked back over many of the posts on our Transfer window thread, some of the Twitter bullkrap of the summer and much of the press stories.

In fact, I may just renew my subscription so that I can repost the link to the song every time one of the batcharlardalpinehyprichmondmans-esaintochondriac etc post over the rest of this season. Oh and of course I'll post a link in the comments section everytime Neil Asstun writes in the Fail.

Enjoy the the late night drama of two more International players joining in what is shaping up to be a bloody good team this year and hum this little ditty every time one of the wums posts their drivel

EXCELLENT news, Mane and Toby are exciting young players. If they turn out to be as exciting as Tadic (so far the find of the season, very impressed with this player, lallanna who?, we are in for a seriously good season. Our positions that needed strengthening have been filled. The board have come good on their promise.

Will they even give us a little treat by adding another unexpected player? We have money and we are now sitting in a commanding position with our squad ready to tackle the PL. Maybe something to good to refuse may come up?

How about a swing for the fences type of player. Manchester City marksman Alvaro Negredo :)

or more realistic luxury signing of a former player of our coach John Guidetti from MC.

Who would you think would be the icing on the cake if we could get one more (ayew, Amauri, bryam, Defoe, Lens,Lacazette, Ings, Classie, redmond, lennon, Saints go marching on!

Crazy what Chelsea have done to the transfer market, surly this hording of young players that have been developed by other clubs has got to stop!!! :

Marco van Ginkel to AC Milan makes it 21 Chelsea players out on loan in seven different countries at the moment (including those like Fernando Torres, who is technically out on loan for the final two years of his contract, so probably won’t be coming back).

the Football League’s “emergency” loan window opening on September 9.

'There are some very good players in Chelsea’s official catalogue of loaned players is: Torres, Van Ginkel (both AC Milan), Wallace, Traore, McEachran (all Vitesse), Rodriguez (Bastia), Swift (Rotherham), Romeu (Stuttgart), Moses (Stoke), Perica (Breda), Piazon (Eintracht Frankfurt), Pasalic (Elche), Kalas (Cologne), Marin (Fiorentina), Cuevas (Universidad de Chile), Kakuta (Rayo Vallecano), T.Hazard (Borussia Monchengladbach), Atsu (Everton), Omeruo, Bamford both (Middlesbrough) and Bertrand (Southampton).'

Negredo is going to Valencia on a loan with compulsory buy option (think it's because Lim hasn't fully bought the club yet) for €30m. According to SSN, Guidetti is off to Celtic so looks like "just" Alderweireld and Mané...

Is not the same sort of player as Defoe IMHO

Defoe would not fit into the system we play IMHO

IMHO I know nothing about formations and the way people play, what I do know is that I wouldn't want Defoe here..

I'm not too sure what any of that has got to do with the comment you made which my post referred to?

32 years old, we're looking for young, up coming players, not old has beens ready for their golden pay day..

Probably has double the shelf life of Defoe.

You would imagine he's going to be playing for 3 years more than Defoe. I'm really optimistic about Pelle but at 29 he's not the normal age profile we've become accustomed to signing in recent years. Hence my response to BBB when he referred to Defoe's age.