Transfer Deadline Day Thread!

nta786

BBC claiming Arsenal have agreed £16m for Welbeck. I know there are a lot of haters on here but for me that's good business compared to Long.

OMG, how many times do we have to go through this. Very basic but.....

Long £12m, 4 years at say £40k = £20.320m (or £5m per season)

Welbeck £16m at say £100k for 4 years = £36.8m (or £9.2m a season - of course if it is a 3 year deal, then that would be £10.5m a year)

£16m permanent move for Welbeck does make Long seem expensive! Far more ability, and younger by far.

Think he would do well at Arsenal if played up front. Will certainly have a lot created for him.

Wages, signing on fee and agent fee will likely eclipse anything Long would have asked for. The wages he'd want put him out of our league.

Wages, signing on fee and agent fee will likely eclipse anything Long would have asked for. The wages he'd want put him out of our league.

True. Apparently on over 100k a week at Man Utd which is ludicrous.

When the likes of Cleverley won't move because nobody will match his 60k a week you realise the spending power Utd have.

OMG, how many times do we have to go through this. Very basic but.....

Long £12m, 4 years at say £40k = £20.320m (or £5m per season)

Welbeck £16m at say £100k for 4 years = £36.8m (or £9.2m a season - of course if it is a 3 year deal, then that would be £10.5m a year)

Unlike you (i'm guessing here by your post), I don't usually spend all day on here reading every individual piece of crap that you guys write. Far too many plonkers and far much more to life.

As I said in the post above, it was a comment on transfer fees.