Transfer Deadline Day Thread!

nta786

If we let Morgan and J-Rod go just as the window slams shut, I am guessing many of us will start to question the board motives again. Especially if we fail to close any of our targets.

It will seem so cynical.

I would expect at the very least 34 pi ss ed off dockers to crowd round the entrance to St Mary's waiting for someone to come out and explain things... a la Keegan after the sale of Andy Cole in 1856 (or thereabouts).

12609F5B-EDB1-3287-DF24CE9127FEDC5A.jpg

Passionate those Geordie's.

Edited by jasonb

We could easily have the best deadline day here.

Retain Morgan, Cork, Jay, Gaston - add one of Mane/Kacaniklic and Toby....

I'd be happy with that. More than I thought we'd have come 'September one' so credit will have to go to the club.

If that were to happen I might start thinking we are stronger than in May.

RoKo will have fun and games forging a team though...

Interesting to see which winger we actually do end up with.

Seems like its between Mane, Capel and Kacaniklic.

All 3 are decent to be honest. I've always like Kacaniklic, had a decent spell with Fulham in the PL not so long ago. Direct, quick and an end product - think he's now a Swedish international too.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach 42s

#THFC's Andros Townsend is no longer one of the players #SaintsFC are looking at. Koeman is, though, keen to bring in a winger today.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach 15s

Toby Alderweireld - as has been widely reported - is in talks with #SaintsFC, but he is not the only defensive option they are looking at.

Can anyone shed any light on why the **** Man Utd have signed Falcao?

Radamel Falcao has signed for Manchester United on a season-long loan. The Old Trafford club will pay a £12million loan fee and the Colombian is going to be on £200,000-per-week.

Big statement of intent from Louis van Gaal. Falcao will land in Manchester at 4:50pm - what a story.

All 3 are decent to be honest. I've always like Kacaniklic, had a decent spell with Fulham in the PL not so long ago. Direct, quick and an end product - think he's now a Swedish international too.

Kačaniklić would also fit our transfer policy of signing players with unusual accents in their name.

I would be pleased if we signed him or Mané, I think Redmond would be my 3rd choice from those three.

Can anyone shed any light on why the **** Man Utd have signed Falcao?

Radamel Falcao has signed for Manchester United on a season-long loan. The Old Trafford club will pay a £12million loan fee and the Colombian is going to be on £200,000-per-week.

Big statement of intent from Louis van Gaal. Falcao will land in Manchester at 4:50pm - what a story.

Really dont get that, they have 2 immobile strikers on 300k a week and Mata, Di Maria etc - they're crying out for defenders

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach 49s

#SaintsFC determined to keep hold of Rodriguez & Schneiderlin. The only outgoings I am expecting at St Mary's are fringe players.

Our favourite journalist Alex Crook has also suggested this. Great news!

A couple of quality incoming players and no major outgoing players would be a great result.

A huge contrast from earlier this Summer at the peak of the 'meltdown'.

Wouldnt overly suprise me if something happened with Townsend and Jay Rod.

We clearly want Townsend, they clearly want Jay and he probably wants to reunite with Poch who massively improved him. With it looking unlikely he will sign a new contract perhaps the club feel they will get more for him now than the next couple of windows.

Hope he doesnt go, but it wouldnt be shock of the century. Although it would (rightly) wind Morgan up even more.

Mane and Alderweireld would be class today.

Yes, I would block this move just to prevent Morgan becoming de-focused again.

If J-Rod goes, it seems to be 2 steps forward and one back with our board...

His recovery is a risk, yes, especially if we are getting Townsend + significant cash.

But I really wouldnt want to see Morgan pushed over the edge following such a great start. He's going to feel singled out. Koeman will have another job on his hands.

And we will have no depth up front.

If we let Morgan and J-Rod go just as the window slams shut, I am guessing many of us will start to question the board motives again. Especially if we fail to close any of our targets.

It will seem so cynical.

Jesus, will you two stop whipping yourselves into a frenzy. Majority of reports are saying they are staying.

Falcao to Man Utd, official.

Utter madness. Talk about scattergun.