DAILY MAIL: Katharina Liebherr is doing a good job in this era of foreign egomaniacs

Saint-Armstrong

That is a horrendously written article, using those crappy statement sentences so beloved by local news nowadays. It is awful to read as there's no flow to it, and it's completely jarring, distracting and detracts from the actual content.

In short, some words.

That is a horrendously written article, using those crappy statement sentences so beloved by local news nowadays. It is awful to read as there's no flow to it, and it's completely jarring, distracting and detracts from the actual content.

In short, some words.

I thought the same. It reads as though it has been written by someone on work experience. Still, it's praise in the Daily Hate so I guess it's a step in the right direction.

Saints have been a success story since Alan Pardew left them at the wrong end of League One just over four years ago

Errr, didnt Pardew leave us just after winning our first trophy in 30 odd years? The above makes it sound like he got us to the bottom of L1 and legged it.

I've read that article four times and I still can't find Adrian Durham's usual "edgy" (i.e. contrary for the sake of creating an argument) angle. I think I need a lie down...

I am convinced that he and "Gouphie" toss a coin to see who is going to take which side of the argument every evening. Also his campaign against Wenger is laughable. He says he doesn't have anything against him but takes every opportunity to slag him off. Talksport isn't blessed with many good broadcasters (Hawksby and Jacobs are the only people worth listening to) but Durham is very poor.

What was their spend in the summer? Did they sell many people?

I know they bought in a few, but can't really remember?

Sincere questions btw, I'm not trying to be facetious I genuinely can't remember

TRANSFERS IN

June 14: Ayoze Perez - Tenerife (undisclosed)

June 14: Jack Colback - Sunderland (free)

July 14: Siem de Jong - Ajax (undisclosed)

July 14: Remy Cabella - Montpellier (undisclosed)

July 14: Emmanuel Rivière - Monaco (undisclosed)

July 14: Daryl Janmaat - Feyenoord (undisclosed)

August 14: Facundo Ferreyra - Shakhtar Donetsk (season-long loan)

August 14: Karl Darlow - Nottingham Forest (undisclosed)

August 14: Jamaal Lascelles - Nottingham Forest (undisclosed)

TRANSFERS OUT

May 14: Dan Gosling - AFC Bournemouth (free)

May 14: Conor Newton - Rotherham United (free)

May 14: Jonathan Mitchell - Derby County (free)

May 14: Shola Ameobi - released

May 14: Michael Richardson - released

May 14: Steven Logan - released

May 14: Brandon Miele - released

June 14: James Tavernier - Wigan Athletic (undisclosed)

June 14: Romain Amalfitano - Dijon (undisclosed)

July 14: Mathieu Debuchy - Arsenal (undisclosed)

July 14 - Sylvain Marveaux - Guingamp (season-long loan)

August 14: Adam Campbell - Fleetwood Town (one-month loan)

August 14: Karl Darlow - Nottingham Forest (season-long loan)

August 14: Jamaal Lascelles - Nottingham Forest (season-long loan)

September 14: Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa - AS Roma (season-long loan)

September 14: Hatem Ben Arfa - Hull City (season-long loan)

TRANSFERS IN

June 14: Ayoze Perez - Tenerife (undisclosed)

June 14: Jack Colback - Sunderland (free)

July 14: Siem de Jong - Ajax (undisclosed)

July 14: Remy Cabella - Montpellier (undisclosed)

July 14: Emmanuel Rivière - Monaco (undisclosed)

July 14: Daryl Janmaat - Feyenoord (undisclosed)

August 14: Facundo Ferreyra - Shakhtar Donetsk (season-long loan)

August 14: Karl Darlow - Nottingham Forest (undisclosed)

August 14: Jamaal Lascelles - Nottingham Forest (undisclosed)

TRANSFERS OUT

May 14: Dan Gosling - AFC Bournemouth (free)

May 14: Conor Newton - Rotherham United (free)

May 14: Jonathan Mitchell - Derby County (free)

May 14: Shola Ameobi - released

May 14: Michael Richardson - released

May 14: Steven Logan - released

May 14: Brandon Miele - released

June 14: James Tavernier - Wigan Athletic (undisclosed)

June 14: Romain Amalfitano - Dijon (undisclosed)

July 14: Mathieu Debuchy - Arsenal (undisclosed)

July 14 - Sylvain Marveaux - Guingamp (season-long loan)

August 14: Adam Campbell - Fleetwood Town (one-month loan)

August 14: Karl Darlow - Nottingham Forest (season-long loan)

August 14: Jamaal Lascelles - Nottingham Forest (season-long loan)

September 14: Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa - AS Roma (season-long loan)

September 14: Hatem Ben Arfa - Hull City (season-long loan)

Ok ta. So clearly hard to judge, with so many 'undisclosed' fees. But I can't imagine they raked in a killing off Tavernier, Amalfitano & Debuchy. They clearly spent a lot more than they bought in - they it's true they didn't spend a great deal of the Cabaye money in January.

Still, I doubt Ashley is taking home a huge wedge from all that.

Debuchy was about £12m, Tavernier and Amalfitano would have been bugger all, Wigan haven't spent much this summer and Dijon are a French second division side so they've got no money either.

Estimates suggest Newcastle had a net spend of about £20m this summer, which is about even from the sale of Cabaye in January. Ashley is still about £120m down on his Newcastle investment, he took over their debts personally to save on the interest payments. I see no problem in him gradually recouping that money over time, to be honest.

In short, some words.

Its still the closest anyone in the nationals has come to an apology for joining in/promoting the feeding frenzy of the summer.

Take Martin Samuels' latest effort yesterday, for example.

Does make you smile at the media game of Jenga, once again we are riding high and the media are beginning to blow sunshine up our backside while building a pile of wooden blocks under us, come December they will all start pulling the blocks out praying for another tumble to provide column inches for tomorrow's chip paper.

Whilst on that article the bit at the bottom about the remaining Prima Donnas at Manure having a heated moan at Van Gaal about "why the hell he took off di Maria" at 3-3 must have David Moyes smiling quietly to himself. Just as amazing Arsenal will only let Vermalen go to Man U if Smalling goes the other way!!! Arsenal must have sussed out how to play the media superbly as that has to be a Red Herring swap.

Its still the closest anyone in the nationals has come to an apology for joining in/promoting the feeding frenzy of the summer.

And what about you

I do not remember you being very calm about the situation in the Summer but of course I maybe wrong and got you mixed up with someone else.

Ok ta. So clearly hard to judge, with so many 'undisclosed' fees. But I can't imagine they raked in a killing off Tavernier, Amalfitano & Debuchy. They clearly spent a lot more than they bought in - they it's true they didn't spend a great deal of the Cabaye money in January.

Still, I doubt Ashley is taking home a huge wedge from all that.

Fair enough, thought their net spend was lower, Ashley's only made about 19mill net in total from player sales since he came in.

Fair enough, thought their net spend was lower, Ashley's only made about 19mill net in total from player sales since he came in.

To be honest I was surprised it was that high too, though when factoring the Cabaye deal it's about break even. As SG said above, Ashley has pumped a lot of his own money into the club taking on a lot of debt that just hasn't really been talked about - and their fans just seem to forget about when they moan about him.

Granted he's made some odd decisions, and hasn't pushed them forward as they would like - but I think they could really have much worse owners than they do.

Durham has been smoking something....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2766102/Arsenal-fans-never-learn-Arsene-Wenger-does-not-deserve-credit.html

One Gooner even said to me: 'It was a great weekend because all our rivals dropped points!' Rivals for what? Top four? I think you’ll find Southampton won.

And what about you

I do not remember you being very calm about the situation in the Summer but of course I maybe wrong and got you mixed up with someone else.

So what about me ?

I am a fan of the team and have an emotional investment. He's a bellend of a journo with an arrogant built-in bias towards big clubs who is being paid to sell copy.

He's a bellend of a journo with an arrogant built-in bias towards big clubs who is being paid to sell copy.

I'll add to that, in that he says the most ridiculous of things a lot of the time just so that he can "create" a debate. He does it so often that when he doesn't, it's hard to take him seriously. His radio show, when teamed up with Gough, is truly appalling and usually I have to turn it off.

Errr, didnt Pardew leave us just after winning our first trophy in 30 odd years? The above makes it sound like he got us to the bottom of L1 and legged it.

The comment about Pardew having left Saints at the wrong end of League One is entirely wrong. In any other job an error like that would warrant a dressing down but when the press have their knife in someone's back as they have with Pardew, truth doesn't matter. In 2010, Pardew took Southampton to within one place of the play-offs, despite the 10-point deduction that he inherited, and his team won the Johnson's Paint Trophy, the club's first trophy since 1976. When Pardew left in the August he bequeathed his successor (Nigel Adkins) a team that included future England players Lambert and Lallana, and which went on to win promotion. His place in Southampton's rise should not be under-estimated.

The comment about Pardew having left Saints at the wrong end of League One is entirely wrong. In any other job an error like that would warrant a dressing down but when the press have their knife in someone's back as they have with Pardew, truth doesn't matter. In 2010, Pardew took Southampton to within one place of the play-offs, despite the 10-point deduction that he inherited, and his team won the Johnson's Paint Trophy, the club's first trophy since 1976. When Pardew left in the August he bequeathed his successor (Nigel Adkins) a team that included future England players Lambert and Lallana, and which went on to win promotion. His place in Southampton's rise should not be under-estimated.

You could take it further and say 3 WC 2014 players (including Morgan).

We were bottom end, but it was like 2/3 games in.

To be honest I was surprised it was that high too, though when factoring the Cabaye deal it's about break even. As SG said above, Ashley has pumped a lot of his own money into the club taking on a lot of debt that just hasn't really been talked about - and their fans just seem to forget about when they moan about him.

Granted he's made some odd decisions, and hasn't pushed them forward as they would like - but I think they could really have much worse owners than they do.

The debt at Newcastle hasn't been paid off at all. It is instead an interest free loan that Ashley has every intention of re-couping so the debt is still very much there. There is also the small matter of using St James Park as a blank cancas to advertise Sports Direct and the coverage he gets as a result when the advertising space could be better put to use by selling it to other companies. Ashley is turning a profit at Newcastle, there is no doubt about that.

Although it is the first in months that doesn't feel the repetitive fkn repetitive fkn repetitive need to list the out goings in the first paragraph of any Saints related item. They've gone, we know it, they know it, the hacks know it, even people who have no care or interest in football fkn know it.

PLEASE PRESS GIVE IT A FKN MISS.

Well, what are your opinions?

I like Kat, always have. Think we've got a great owner and if you read any of my posts over the summer you'd know this.

I suspect you did though as seeing as you've just quoted me again it seems you've lied about having me on ignore then :lol:

I like Kat, always have. Think we've got a great owner and if you read any of my posts over the summer you'd know this.

I suspect you did though as seeing as you've just quoted me again it seems you've lied about having me on ignore then :lol:

But your posts aren't about how great Kat is they're about how crap other fans are and any mistake they have made.

I don't think I've ever had anyone on ignore. I've thought about it, but I don't believe I ever did it, or said I did.