Bring On West Brom

cellone

Anyone hear LvG tripe about united do not have a 20 goal-a-season striker

he has, just he is playing one in central midfield and the others are getting woefully used

He said none of his strikers are going to score 20 this season, which is slightly different. And when I say slightly, I mean completely different.

We need to get back on track, but this is going to be a tough game. Pulis has done his usual job of turning around a poor side into one that's difficult to play against. Going to have to go for 1-1 (Berahino 17, Elia, 82).

Good odds on those scorers S_T. Both are injury doubts.

Isn't our record against WBA pretty awful? Thinking back can only remember is beating them once at the hawthorns in recent times and that was a last minute penalty.

Coldest game of my life was 2 seasons back on Halloween or Bonfire night perhaps. Think Shaw made is debut in that game, lost 2-0. It was the cold I remember more than anything.

Isn't our record against WBA pretty awful? Thinking back can only remember is beating them once at the hawthorns in recent times and that was a last minute penalty.

Southampton beat West Bromich last year Sir!

Since I have been a follower of the Club we have only lost twice to them I think in 2012/2013 season.

2-0 today with Pelle and Yoshida on the sheet.

Long has been bad in every game he has played up front on his own. I fully appreciate Pelle is well out of form and also looks knackered to me (they are probably related a bit as well) however his presence is important to the team. He drops deep and Mane and Elia bomb on. It's very simple but the pace of Elia and Mane mean it is hard to stop.

What I would do is like to give Pelle more support with players close to him when he has the ball. Many times he drops deeper to get the ball but when he gets to him there is only one option to lay it off to. I would like to see this:

------------forster

clyne--fonte-----yoshida--bertrand

-----wanyama--schneiderlin

Davis--------------------------Tadic

------Mane

------------Pelle

Mane is in and around Pelle rather than coming out to in. Tadic and Davis start wide but come inside to allow full-backs to bomb on and have licence themselves to get into the box as Vic and Morgan are covering.

Pelle 'drops deep' ?????

Well in which millisecond in the last 6 months was that?

He doesn't drop deep that's just one of his big problems. He always stands back to goal right I front/next to his marker. He is laughably predictable and easy to mark!

First game I've missed for ages, anyone know where I can watch it on the internet? Last time I used Wiziwig, however that doesn't seem to be there anymoer.

If you look back I the Liverpool match thread some bloke posted a brilliant link. Hopefully that site will have or again today.

LOL .... I'll go for 3-0 to us - one for each of your posts!! You do realise if that happens you'll have to do this on every Match Build Up Thread :D

Yes, it's become a little obsession of mine having been at 3 homes games without a Saints goal. It's also a bit of a tease to see if anyone has got any ideas. We are relying far too much on Pelle who has lost his touch in the last few months. Maybe today he will regain it and score a hat trick - hope so.

---------------------Forster-------------------

----------Toby---Fonte---Yoshida-------------

Clyne---------------------------------Bertrand

-------------Morgan--------Wanyama----------

-----------------------Tadic----------------------

-----------------Mane--------Pelle--------------

This would be my team- Yoshi has been excellent, doesn't need to be dropped IMO, and Tadic, Mane and Pelle is what worked well at the start of the season for us.

Bench: Davis, Gardos, Targett, JWP, Elia, Davis, Long

Only shame is Reed doesn't make squad and Djuricic! :/

Unless we get rid of Targett to make way for one of them.

Guess who basically called it!

Only one wrong was Toby who's still injured :)

Me and Koeman- great minds think alike ;)