Bring On West Brom

cellone

- for the PL - terrible dodgy YouTube stream then cut out.

(From Twitter henceforth)

- We need more sharpness in the box; our goalscoring problems are a team issue, not just one player.

- Koeman is not worried about lack of goals and chances.

Don't bother going back to watch the video of that press conference - sound quality was awful.

If he's not worried about it (and he should be) why does he speak of it just beforehand?

Combination of Long and Mané perhaps, other teams get by without an 8ft 6 hulk to punt the ball at.

But we play with inside forwards who rely on a target man to base their movement off and create space for them. Play two mobile strikers and we need to be more clever in the final third and also have creativity in the middle - both are a big issue for us. Pelle is important for us even though he is well out of form with the ball.

But we play with inside forwards who rely on a target man to base their movement off and create space for them. Play two mobile strikers and we need to be more clever in the final third and also have creativity in the middle - both are a big issue for us. Pelle is important for us even though he is well out of form with the ball.

use a plan B?

use a plan B?

What would that be with the personnel we have? You change one part of the team and it impacts the other by default. You need all three units on the pitch to work in harmony the way Koeman sets us up. We've seen a few different formations which reflect different plans but the work in the final third in all of them needs a central striker from which others feed from - either with out without the ball.

What would that be with the personnel we have? You change one part of the team and it impacts the other by default. You need all three units on the pitch to work in harmony the way Koeman sets us up. We've seen a few different formations which reflect different plans but the work in the final third in all of them needs a central striker from which others feed from - either with out without the ball.

i didnt realise I had to suggest something. We have a good manager. will see what he does

someone has already suggest long with mane supporting him and not go direct like we do to pelle...especially against WBA

A Pulis side strikes me as one that would be happy if we launched the ball to Pelle. Lately, he provided little movement and tries flicks and lay offs.

Agreed. Lump the ball up in the direction of Pelle as we did Saturday and Lescott will win it every time. However he is very vulnerable to players running in behind, even Danny Graham nearly won a penalty against him that way at the weekend!! Long is a much better fit for a game like this.

i didnt realise I had to suggest something. We have a good manager. will see what he does

someone has already suggest long with mane supporting him and not go direct like we do to pelle...especially against WBA

It seems a little silly to suggest something without being able to understand whether or not it is possible. Or at least show the ability to think about it a little.

It seems a little silly to suggest something without being able to understand whether or not it is possible. Or at least show the ability to think about it a little.

OK, I agree that trying a more mobile front like of Long, with Mane supporting him

Get tadic back in the side. I think going direct to Pelle is exactly what WBA will be hoping we do]

On reflection....

------------forster

clyne--fonte-----yoshida--bertrand

-----wanyama--schneiderlin

Mane-----Djuricic------Tadic

----------Long

the 3 behind long supporting him and offer more potency in the box with long moving along their back line and aiming to pull their CBs out of position.

Edited by Batman

OK, I agree that trying a more mobile front like of Long, with Mane supporting him

Get tadic back in the side. I think going direct to Pelle is exactly what WBA will be hoping we do]

On reflection....

------------forster

----------Long

the 3 behind long supporting him and offer more potency in the box with long moving along their back line and aiming to pull their CBs out of position.

Whatever, we need to stop this atrocious punting the ball forward, top teams don't do it, nor should we.

Saints just put a picture on Facebook of Toby in training. Hopefully he'll play on Saturday, having said that Yoshida's not done anything wrong to be dropped so could go back to a back three with wing backs? Seemed to work quite well when we've played it.

Is this still the injury Toby picked up at Old Trafford or has he come back and had another one since then?

Saints just put a picture on Facebook of Toby in training. Hopefully he'll play on Saturday, having said that Yoshida's not done anything wrong to be dropped so could go back to a back three with wing backs? Seemed to work quite well when we've played it.

Is this still the injury Toby picked up at Old Trafford or has he come back and had another one since then?

Did not Koeman say that Toby won't play tomorrow but probably will on Tuesday?

On reflection....

------------forster

----------Long

Long has been bad in every game he has played up front on his own. I fully appreciate Pelle is well out of form and also looks knackered to me (they are probably related a bit as well) however his presence is important to the team. He drops deep and Mane and Elia bomb on. It's very simple but the pace of Elia and Mane mean it is hard to stop.

What I would do is like to give Pelle more support with players close to him when he has the ball. Many times he drops deeper to get the ball but when he gets to him there is only one option to lay it off to. I would like to see this:

------------forster

Davis--------------------------Tadic

------Mane

------------Pelle

Mane is in and around Pelle rather than coming out to in. Tadic and Davis start wide but come inside to allow full-backs to bomb on and have licence themselves to get into the box as Vic and Morgan are covering.

On reflection....

------------forster

----------Long

I'd play Davis instead of Djuricic. Totally agree about playing Long instead of Pelle. The added incentive of getting one over one of your old teams always helps.

Note that Toby is featured prominently in today's training gallery headlined "final preparations for the Baggies" on the OS. Seems odd that he is heavily involved in "final preparations" given that Ron said he would not be ready. Guessing he may be on the bench after all (don't see any reason to risk him in place of Yoshida).

Note that Toby is featured prominently in today's training gallery headlined "final preparations for the Baggies" on the OS. Seems odd that he is heavily involved in "final preparations" given that Ron said he would not be ready. Guessing he may be on the bench after all (don't see any reason to risk him in place of Yoshida).

But Clyne seems to be absent from the photies today, appears in the S Davis video though but then again so does the leapfrog from Wednesday's session. Bit of a mystery.