Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Or you could read it in the much more likely angle, we don't really need to go spending if we keep Toby and Morgan.

We never replaced Cork, however much people rate Reed. If Morgan goes, we could arguably do with two CMs, as much for insurance purposes since filling the hole left by Morgan will be considerable.

We never replaced Cork, however much people rate Reed. If Morgan goes, we could arguably do with two CMs, as much for insurance purposes since filling the hole left by Morgan will be considerable.

Would the club look to potentially block the pathway for Reed and Ward-Prowse?

Sorry mate, would have reed over him all day long. At least he tackles. Dont rate him at all.

Not going to answer my question then? In terms of assists, only Tadic had more for us. So how was Ward-Prowse ineffective?

Plus in any case, Reed and Ward-Prowse play in different roles and are each better than the other at different things.

Would the club look to potentially block the pathway for Reed and Ward-Prowse?

Koeman seemingly doesn't have a problem as he was keen on Vilhenna. And it didn't seem an issue when we offered Cork a new contract. JWP is neither a replacement for Cork nor Morgan.

He can play in the same CM position, but his role would be different.

He's been most successful (relative term) when he's played further upfield as a CAM. He's played CM when we've been chasing a game; but it's very much a situational role.

Points sbout Vilhenna and Cork's contract stand.

I'd expected that Saints would get another CF in case Pelle doesn't deliver like he did in too many games last season? Guess I expected wrong then...

People are seemingly forgetting Jay, or not expecting him to be a PL player after his injury. The fact of the matter is that pre-injury he was scouted by some of the biggest clubs, capped for England, and rated v v v highly. We've basically just acquired ourselves a £20m striker for this season. I never understood the clamor for another.

People are seemingly forgetting Jay, or not expecting him to be a PL player after his injury. The fact of the matter is that pre-injury he was scouted by some of the biggest clubs, capped for England, and rated v v v highly. We've basically just acquired ourselves a £20m striker for this season. I never understood the clamor for another.

Thanks S-Clarke and Appy, I stand corrected. Hope to see him play against Feyenoord this month or is this to soon for him?

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

Dutch paper De Telegraaf saying #saintsfc bid €12m for Sevilla's Grzegorz Krychowiak - saying bid is derisory & ridiculous >>

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

>> De Telegraaf saying Jordy Clasie more realistic option & one Koeman turning to #saintsfc

I reckon Clasie will happen, for sure. Kind of like the worst kept secret, ever. Just need to get someone to agree to pay what we want for Morgan.

Interesting that Krychowiak/Imbula were supposedly the top targets though.

Interesting that Krychowiak/Imbula were supposedly the top targets though.

Yeah, might be encapsulated by the bit on "The March" video yesterday - the bit where Les said about players: "that one's more difficult - shall we go for that one?" - 1st thing I thought of was Imbula!

Yeah, might be encapsulated by the bit on "The March" video yesterday - the bit where Les said about players: "that one's more difficult - shall we go for that one?" - 1st thing I thought of was Imbula!

Very true. Clasie makes sense now for the price he's reportedly available at.

About 23m euro's I think.

About £16m? - Doable if we get the Morgan money - There was also talk that he wants Champs league though which could scupper it.

Different physical attributes to Clasie, I believe - Quite powerful in the air.

About £16m? - Doable if we get the Morgan money - There was also talk that he wants Champs league though which could scupper it.

He's strong as hell, one of the best DM's in La Liga. Shame we didn't eye him up when he left from Rennes last season for about £4m!

Although at this moment getting any Morgan money is by no means certain. We want a lot and nobody seems to be overly keen on giving it to us

French press are linking us to Mario Lemina from Marseille, DM I think

don't watch them so I couldn't tell you much about him. Probably cheap as chips though.

Sounds interesting…

"Mario Lemina was sent off for a punch to the groin of Ola Toivonen in a Ligue 1 match in February 2015."

He's strong as hell, one of the best DM's in La Liga. Shame we didn't eye him up when he left from Rennes last season for about £4m!

If we sold Morgan for £20m and got Krychowiak for £16m that would be one hell of a deal.

The lack of Champions League football could scupper any move though...

You really believe in Clasie then Convict? :D

Well, I do too but I still have some doubts about playing with his physical condition in the PL but who knows...

What would you prefer: holding on to Schneiderlin in his best form for another season or selling him for the fee Louis van Gaal is willing to pay (less than what Southampton is asking...) and getting in Clasie as his replacement?

Well, I do too but I still have some doubts about playing with his physical condition in the PL but who knows...

What would you prefer: holding on to Schneiderlin in his best form for another season or selling him for the fee Louis van Gaal is willing to pay (less than what Southampton is asking...) and getting in Clasie as his replacement?

I think any of us would love to keep hold of Morgan over anything, but we know it won't happen. Clasie seems an affordable option.

I think any of us would love to keep hold of Morgan over anything, but we know it won't happen. Clasie seems an affordable option.

Ok, if Schneiderlin is a player who won't whine when his transfer is delayed for another year it might be a good thing for the club to hold on to the asking price and not give in. I believe that Feyenoord will sell Clasie this summer because they already bought his replacement (Vejinovic) so maybe van Gaal will be p*ssed off badly with Koeman and buy Clasie. I can hear van Gaal already boasting that he made Clasie a better player than Schneiderlin, even when it's not true... :)

Ok, if Schneiderlin is a player who won't whine when his transfer is delayed for another year it might be a good thing for the club to hold on to the asking price and not give in. I believe that Feyenoord will sell Clasie this summer because they already bought his replacement (Vejinovic) so maybe van Gaal will be p*ssed off badly with Koeman and buy Clasie. I can hear van Gaal already boasting that he made Clasie a better player than Schneiderlin, even when it's not true... :)

I think his 'head' is in a more stable place. I think he recongises that we're not going to block a move, but it has to be on our terms. He's come out in the media and has said as much.....''The club will let me go if a CL come along and bid for me'' If they don't...or don't offer what we want, close to what we want...then he'll get his head down.

For what it's worth, It will get sorted out I reckon.

I think his 'head' is in a more stable place. I think he recongises that we're not going to block a move, but it has to be on our terms. He's come out in the media and has said as much.....''The club will let me go if a CL come along and bid for me'' If they don't...or don't offer what we want, close to what we want...then he'll get his head down.

For what it's worth, It will get sorted out I reckon.

Sounds good S-Clarke, there aren't many players left who accept the decision of their club when it means they don't get what they want personally, even when it's a fair decision...

Sounds good S-Clarke, there aren't many players left who accept the decision of their club when it means they don't get what they want personally, even when it's a fair decision...

I think he learnt a lot from last summer, and having someone like Koeman around gets the respect. Koeman has already said he's had a sit down chat with Morgan since we've been back, and the message is clear. He wants to leave if a Champions League club come in for him. We've said...''ok, that's fine. We will let you leave if we get what we feel is a fair fee''. That's where we are.

I really don't think the physical side is a worry, when the EPL was really bad Dennis Wise thrived amongst giants as his will to win at all costs overrode his physical attributes.

Football has evolved since then and judging on the 10 or so feyanoord games I watched this season for about 12mil Clasie is a steal and a captain in waiting for the team if needed.

With regards to Morgan every player is part of the story and I think his part has come to an end. He has behaved as a professional and we should do everything we can to ensure that he is accommodated in his desire to join a CL club as long as an offer in the ball park is made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Convict Colony

I really don't think the physical side is a worry, when the EPL was really bad Dennis Wise thrived amongst giants as his will to win at all costs overrode his physical attributes.

Football has evolved since then and judging on the 10 or so feyanoord games I watched this season for about 12mil Clasie is a steal and a captain in waiting for the team if needed.

With regards to Morgan every player is part of the story and I think his part has come to an end. He has behaved as a professional and we should do everything we can to ensure that he is accommodated in his desire to join a CL club as long as an offer in the ball park is made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clasie has some fighting spirit along with his technical skills and his ability to "see the game" (meaning that he sees the possibilities when his team is attacking and is able to deliver the right pass) but he lacks the stamina to go on for 90 minutes. The last six games or so with Feyenoord he was tired after 60 or 70 minutes and couldn't make any difference in the game. I don't have to tell you that the pace in the Eredivisie is for most of the time much lower in comparison with the PL and therefore I assume that Clasie will be wasted in the PL after 40 minutes or so. This is really something he should improve and I don't understand why he didn't work on this earlier, knowing that he's up for a move abroad. I saw a picture of him with Depay and he looked like some chubby fan beside his idol... Like I said somewhere else: you have to put him in the gym for a couple of months to get some muscles and "ausdauer" as zhe Germanz call it. His size doesn't have to be a problem, I agree, but then he has to improve the speed of his handling in order to outsmart his direct opponent. Maybe you remember him playing in the Dutch national team against Brazil at the WC where he played great as he got the time to do his thing. Recently he played with "Oranje" against the USA and he had problems because the Americans were constantly pressing. So there is some work to be done when Clasie makes a move to the PL and it will take him some time to adjust. Koeman knows this off course and therefore Southampton is the best choice for Clasie when he wants to go to the PL. If Southampton is not an option he better moves to Spain or Italy.

Clasie has some fighting spirit along with his technical skills and his ability to "see the game" (meaning that he sees the possibilities when his team is attacking and is able to deliver the right pass) but he lacks the stamina to go on for 90 minutes. The last six games or so with Feyenoord he was tired after 60 or 70 minutes and couldn't make any difference in the game. I don't have to tell you that the pace in the Eredivisie is for most of the time much lower in comparison with the PL and therefore I assume that Clasie will be wasted in the PL after 40 minutes or so. This is really something he should improve and I don't understand why he didn't work on this earlier, knowing that he's up for a move abroad. I saw a picture of him with Depay and he looked like some chubby fan beside his idol... Like I said somewhere else: you have to put him in the gym for a couple of months to get some muscles and "ausdauer" as zhe Germanz call it. His size doesn't have to be a problem, I agree, but then he has to improve the speed of his handling in order to outsmart his direct opponent. Maybe you remember him playing in the Dutch national team against Brazil at the WC where he played great as he got the time to do his thing. Recently he played with "Oranje" against the USA and he had problems because the Americans were constantly pressing. So there is some work to be done when Clasie makes a move to the PL and it will take him some time to adjust. Koeman knows this off course and therefore Southampton is the best choice for Clasie when he wants to go to the PL. If Southampton is not an option he better moves to Spain or Italy.

Interesting post, cheers. By the way, what do you make of Vurnon Anita and Leroy Fer's relative struggles in the Premiership? Were they tipped as prospects when they came to England? Are there any lessons for Clasie and a potential move or are the situations/players too different to draw any conclusions from?

Interesting post, cheers. By the way, what do you make of Vurnon Anita and Leroy Fer's relative struggles in the Premiership? Were they tipped as prospects when they came to England? Are there any lessons for Clasie and a potential move or are the situations/players too different to draw any conclusions from?

Personally I was never a fan of Vurnon Anita and I wondered why Newcastle took an interest in him, in my opinion he's nothing more than a squadfiller. But hey, I didn't like Daley Blind either ("tikkie breed" we call him in Holland because he usually plays the ball sideways or back to his goalkeeper) and look where he is now thanks to the friendship between his father and van Gaal! It probably has to do with the aura that shines around Ajax and it's players which attracts foreign clubs so much they're blinded. If Clasie played for Ajax he would have cost 6 or 7 million pounds more... :)

I have more hope for Leroy Fer to succeed in the CL although we're also joking in Holland about him that he's aiming for the record in relegation in the PL. But he has the power, the strength and the technical skills to make it as an midfielder in the PL. He was injured regularly which wasn't helping him off course to get ahead but I guess his biggest problem is that he chose the wrong clubs. I mean, there's a big difference in playing for a club like Southampton who try to play real football or West Ham which looks like a bunch of lumberjacks. I reckon that it would have been easier for Fer when he played for Southampton and there's a lesson for Clasie to be learned.

Southampton Holland ‏@DutchSaintsFC

Jordy Clasie in Dutch newspaper @ADnl: ''I've read Koeman's comments. If Schneiderlin leaves, we will see" #saintsfc

*Saint-Armstrong re-tweeted it, so he should get credit for spotting it.