Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Any chance you could point out where he says that exactly? I watched the interview you posted yesterday, and all he said (while discussing the addition of Juanmi) was that we need to add more players to the attacking midfield. You could argue that he got his tenses mixed up and meant to say 'we needed to add more players to attacking midfield and now we have', but that isn't what he said.

Moreover, Juanmi has something like 2 assists in three years, so he'd be an odd pick to add creativity behind the striker.

Thank you. I didn't imagine it then. Ronald's actual words were, 'We need to add more players to the attacking midfield'.

Would anyone consider Asier Illarramendi from Real? DM who doesn't seem to be part of any future plans... Wages would probably be the issue...

Serious...? If he leaves Real it will be for another Champions League club. Totally out of our league.

I know some people will disagree, but I think our attack is quality tbh. One of the most all round attacking units we've had since we've been back in the PL. Mane, Long, Jay, Pelle, Juanmi, Tadic, Hesketh, Isgrove, Gallagher (And then you've got Gaston as well, who I don't know if he will stay around)

There's a bit of everything there. Pace, strength, height, mobility, technique, work-rate.

I agree, seeing all those names and qualities Koeman must be pleased with all his options. Though I have the idea that he should train more on different attack forms to use these options, he usually holds on too long to the same players while the game or the opponents tactics asks for a change. Well, maybe he's working on this right now as Jay Rodriguez is back and there's also a lot more preparation time compared with last summer.

Thus ends my Wijniladum hope, will be interesting to see how he plays, I for one will be hoping I'm wrong and he does **** now [emoji23][emoji23]

@SkySportsNewsHQ: PSV Eindhoven give Georginio Wijnaldum permission to talk to Newcastle and have medical #SSNHQ

Too bad... I'd rather he went to Paris Saint Germain or so who would have paid easily more than Newcastle can... :lol:

we don't need an attacking midfielder? Oh

Looks like Juanmi was brought in as a no.10 option. When you look at our squad, our attacking options look pretty good. It's CM, CB and still the GK which needs more quality added IMO.

we don't need an attacking midfielder? Oh

Not really, we have a lot of options in the attacking roles behind Pelle...

Mane, Ramirez, Rodriguez, Juanmi, S.Davis, Ward-Prowse, Long, Isgrove, Tadic - thats 9 players for 3 positions (sometimes 2)

Alternatives to Pelle upfront can be using combinations of...

Mane, Rodriguez, Juanmi, Long, Gallagher, Seager

(a replacement for Pelle doesn't have to be a target man, we used Long and Mane upfront together away at Chelsea and it worked well)

Edited by Matthew Le God

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/p4...rd-Foundations

After reading this Sven van beek sounds right up our alley

Young improving player, check

Dutch,check

Played under Koeman check

Can also play cb and right back so would be bringing similar qualities to Toby check

Also think he would be affordable and would fit our wage structure.

I guess the link doesn't work well Pimpin but I know which article you mean. It's a nice read when you are a Feyenoord fan but it's a bit over the top too, like it was written by a fan or the agent of van Beek and Kongolo. :) Like most talents they are capricious or unpredictable, they can play great for a month and then they make the most stupid mistakes. Especially Kongolo had some bad ones this year due to lack of concentration. The fact that Feyenoord's leftback is very poor didn't help him either to be honest. You have to allow talents to make mistakes because they will learn from it and get better but without their mistakes we would have been playing in Europe next season... (Off course our attackers should have made more goals so the blame is not only with our defenders!). The statement in the article that "the fans are calm and that no major surgery is needed at Feyenoord" is rubbish but it doesn't concern van Beek and Kongolo. Everyone can see that these lads are two gems in the making. But they would break when they were put in the PL or Bundesliga at this moment, they need a couple of years and much playing time before they're ready for the next step.

Looks like Juanmi was brought in as a no.10 option. When you look at our squad, our attacking options look pretty good. It's CM, CB and still the GK which needs more quality added IMO.

Am happy with this as long as it is actually true, watched the game the other day and liked what Juanmi brought. If he gets shoved into a wide forward position and we are left with the usual suspects for another season I might Alpine ;)

Ok I'm sold he is our AM

Diario AS Malaga correspondent Antonio Gallardo has watched him develop and describes him well: ‘He’s quick, very good at getting away from his marker, can play anywhere in the line of three behind the striker and while not prolific he can finish. He has plenty of quality. His biggest problem will be adapting to the Premier League.’

A good barometer is the reaction of the Malaga supporters very upset to be losing such a talent. He will need to be used in the right way. If he’s played furthest forward and asked to hold the ball up then he will struggle.

Edited by Convict Colony

I guess the link doesn't work well Pimpin but I know which article you mean. It's a nice read when you are a Feyenoord fan but it's a bit over the top too, like it was written by a fan or the agent of van Beek and Kongolo. :) Like most talents they are capricious or unpredictable, they can play great for a month and then they make the most stupid mistakes. Especially Kongolo had some bad ones this year due to lack of concentration. The fact that Feyenoord's leftback is very poor didn't help him either to be honest. You have to allow talents to make mistakes because they will learn from it and get better but without their mistakes we would have been playing in Europe next season... (Off course our attackers should have

made more goals so the blame is not only with our defenders!). The statement in the article that "the fans are calm and that no major surgery is needed at Feyenoord" is rubbish but it doesn't concern van Beek and Kongolo. Everyone can see that these lads are two gems in the making. But they would break when they were put in the PL or Bundesliga at this moment, they need a couple of years and much playing time before they're ready for the next step.

Thanks for the reply van hanegam and may I say it's great to have you and other Dutch fans taking a interest in saints and giving us valuable knowledge of the players you are so familiar with

Have only seen van beek a couple of times myself so hard to judge but I do think he sounds exactly the type of player we would look at being young,Dutch with connections to Koeman and also being able to play the same positions as alderweirald.

I will be making sure I watch loads of eridvisie this season and will take a big interest in feyenoord.

Sorry for the bad link guys let me try again

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/p4t8xgkchuunf6nsmdh_rq/Show/Player-Focus-Kongolo-Van-Beek-Pairing-Providing-Solid-Feyenoord-Foundations

Thanks for the reply van hanegam and may I say it's great to have you and other Dutch fans taking a interest in saints and giving us valuable knowledge of the players you are so familiar with ��

Have only seen van beek a couple of times myself so hard to judge but I do think he sounds exactly the type of player we would look at being young,Dutch with connections to Koeman and also being able to play the same positions as alderweirald.

I will be making sure I watch loads of eridvisie this season and will take a big interest in feyenoord.

Sorry for the bad link guys let me try again

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/p4t8xgkchuunf6nsmdh_rq/Show/Player-Focus-Kongolo-Van-Beek-Pairing-Providing-Solid-Feyenoord-Foundations

If we are losing Morgan and that trusted barrier in front of the defence, I'd prefer a more experienced centre back coming in personally.

Am happy with this as long as it is actually true, watched the game the other day and liked what Juanmi brought. If he gets shoved into a wide forward position and we are left with the usual suspects for another season I might Alpine ;)

Ok I'm sold he is our AM

Diario AS Malaga correspondent Antonio Gallardo has watched him develop and describes him well: ‘He’s quick, very good at getting away from his marker, can play anywhere in the line of three behind the striker and while not prolific he can finish. He has plenty of quality. His biggest problem will be adapting to the Premier League.’

A good barometer is the reaction of the Malaga supporters very upset to be losing such a talent. He will need to be used in the right way. If he’s played furthest forward and asked to hold the ball up then he will struggle.

I think Koeman mentioned that he is good at playing in behind the striker so sounds like that's his plan for him which is good as no one has really made that position their own in the last season. Pelle up top with Juanmi behind and Mane and Rodriguez wide is a pretty good (and quick) forward line up. Need to sort out what's going on behind them though.

I think Koeman mentioned that he is good at playing in behind the striker so sounds like that's his plan for him which is good as no one has really made that position their own in the last season. Pelle up top with Juanmi behind and Mane and Rodriguez wide is a pretty good (and quick) forward line up. Need to sort out what's going on behind them though.

Replace Morgan Schneiderlin with Jordy Clasie, sign another 1st choice CB...

1291158_Southampton.jpg

Plus:

Keepers - Forster, K.Davis, Gazzaniga

Defenders - Yoshida, Gardos, Martina Targett, McCarthy, Stephens

Midfielders - Reed, Ward-Prowse, S.Davis, Gape

Attacking players - Long, Tadic, Ramirez, Gallagher, Seager, Isgrove, Hesketh

Edited by Matthew Le God

I know some people will disagree, but I think our attack is quality tbh. One of the most all round attacking units we've had since we've been back in the PL. Mane, Long, Jay, Pelle, Juanmi, Tadic, Hesketh, Isgrove, Gallagher (And then you've got Gaston as well, who I don't know if he will stay around)

There's a bit of everything there. Pace, strength, height, mobility, technique, work-rate.

Only 3 of those have shown they can score goals regularly.

Replace Morgan Schneiderlin with Jordy Clasie, sign another 1st choice CB...1291158_Southampton.jpgPlus:Keepers - Forster, K.Davis, GazzanigaDefenders - Yoshida, Gardos, Martina Targett, McCarthy, StephensMidfielders - Reed, Ward-Prowse, S.Davis, GapeAttacking players - Long, Tadic, Ramirez, Gallagher, Seager, Isgrove, Hesketh
I'd have Tadic in the hole if he is fit and can recapture his early season for!

Thanks for the reply van hanegam and may I say it's great to have you and other Dutch fans taking a interest in saints and giving us valuable knowledge of the players you are so familiar with ��

Thanks Pimpin, I'm following the Saints since I heard there was an exceptional guy playing for Southampton who just said no to all the "big" clubs that came along. ;)

Later on the link with Feyenoord was first established as Uli van Gobbel came over from Galatasaray, I believe he was the first Feyenoord player ever who played for the Saints , too bad it wasn't a big success. But my heart goes out to clubs who are a bit different, doing it on their own way. Southampton is to me a real gem between all the glittering **** in the PL with to much money. I know the club has a rich owner (of which I hope will never happen at Feyenoord) but at least it's not some crazy Arab or Russian taking part in the killing of football.

Jose Fonte in the Portuguese media saying today that the club are close to 'two or thee quality signings.'

Sounds good. Let's hope it comes to fruition to shut the bed wetters up. Other than missing out on Toby we know nothing about other targets we have "bid for" or "missed out" on... Baffles me why people believe reports in the Daily Fail or a tweet from some second rate journo in Italy.

Last year during the meltdown we recruited superbly with young, hungry players coming in with the right character and technique to play the Southampton Way - why would this summer be any different? In fact it should be different in just one way - we get even better at our recruitment and therefore end up with an even stronger squad. Proof is always in the pudding I know so let's wait patiently and watch as we at least match what we did last summer...

Jose Fonte in the Portuguese media saying today that the club are close to 'two or thee quality signings.'

Interesting that Fonte would know. I always thought the club would keep transfer activity from players for various reasons' date=' the only exception being when they want one of them to tap a target up![/quote']

Perhaps its a little different with him being captain and he wanted reassurance of the direction we are heading. They may not have told him the names of the players, just give him an idea of the calibre of the players.

It's the hope that kills you. Koeman and Reed should maybe have avoided comments about Clyne and Toby because it gets the fans' backs up and leaves them disappointed. A similar thing happened last year too so you think they would have learned to keep their counsel a bit.