Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Complete flop? C'mon seriously? He's been at City since he was 16 and loaned out, just like all the youngsters with potential at all big clubs. His short time with Burnley was when he was 18. Stoke again, hardly anytime in the team to shine. He did exceptional at Feyenoord though, 20 in 23 games. Matches Pelle's record and 7 years younger. Also scored 15 in all comps for Celtic. And has a very good U21 record too. Not bad for a player just turned 23. He's clearly got it in him.

I'd like to see him here. Be good to see what Koeman can get from him.

I'm so sick of hearing that.

Koeman is not a magician. He can't just sign disappointing players and turn them into top Premier League players. Look at what Koeman got from Long, Djuricic and Elia. Bugger all because they aren't that good.

All you've got to go on with Guidetti are decent performances in Holland and Scotland, just like Altidore, Skacel or Samaras. He's had chances in England and not taken them. Made no impact at all at Stoke and threw his toys out the pram.

Clasie signing would be one of the worst kept secrets ever :) - but a very good signing if I'm honest. Keeps the ball very well, I'm sure people will worry about his size, but we have big vic behind him.

He is very small though. Not many small players who aren't physical beasts do well in central midfield in the Premier League any more, do they?

According to reports in Holland Wijnaldum is allowed to leave for 15mil (price from Gazzetta) but at present no major clubs are interested in him. Could be a good thing for us ?

http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws/443208/vertrek-wijnaldum-staat-buiten-kijf-hij-wil-graag-cashen-en-heeft-toestemming-.html

We can only hope so, Convict. He'd be awesome. If we are looking at Dennis Praet, then it certainly means we're still looking at an AMC.

Clasie signing would be one of the worst kept secrets ever :) - but a very good signing if I'm honest. Keeps the ball very well, I'm sure people will worry about his size, but we have big vic behind him.

I'd be really happy with Clasie - I'd still look to bring in one more as Corky's replacement - I really don't think that would be too many either, with Europe on the horizon.

Koeman is not a magician. He can't just sign disappointing players and turn them into top Premier League players. Look at what Koeman got from Long, Djuricic and Elia. Bugger all because they aren't that good.

All you've got to go on with Guidetti are decent performances in Holland and Scotland, just like Altidore, Skacel or Samaras. He's had chances in England and not taken them. Made no impact at all at Stoke and threw his toys out the pram.

Putting aside the fact that you have just had a whiny tantrum like a 5 year old...

Extremely harsh to throw Long in the same boat as Elia and Djuricic. If you put aside the fee I saw Long as a viable option to change the game from the bench - not so much the other two.

He is very small though. Not many small players who aren't physical beasts do well in central midfield in the Premier League any more' date=' do they?[/quote']

He'd mostly be playing alongside one of the most physically imposing midfielders in the leaguer, so you could argue that if he's going to fit in anywhere, it'd be with us. However, I think the size argument is pretty bogus - if Clasie's technique is all it's cracked up to be, he'll just get fouled a lot, which is fine. The days of big players just shoving smaller players off the ball is over - you only have to look at how many marginal fouls VW gives away each game by trying to use his size to ease opponents off the ball.

I dunno, Cazorlla did ok for Arsenal.

Completely different type of player though. Unless you can tell me Clasie is an attacking midfielder?

But my point is: A Feyenoord supporter says on here that Clasie isn't up to much physically, Clasie is small and undersized for central midfield in this league, and we know that our best performing central midfielders (the ones in front of the back four) all have a physical presence about them.

He may be a good footballer but is he the right footballer for the front of our back four?

Completely different type of player though. Unless you can tell me Clasie is an attacking midfielder?

But my point is: A Feyenoord supporter says on here that Clasie isn't up to much physically, Clasie is small and undersized for central midfield in this league, and we know that our best performing central midfielders (the ones in front of the back four) all have a physical presence about them.

He may be a good footballer but is he the right footballer for the front of our back four?

At the back end of last season, Cazorlla was playing in a 2 wih Coqolain - with Ramsey, Ozil and Sanchez in front.

Putting aside the fact that you have just had a whiny tantrum like a 5 year old...

Extremely harsh to throw Long in the same boat as Elia and Djuricic. If you put aside the fee I saw Long as a viable option to change the game from the bench - not so much the other two.

How is being sick of people thinking Koeman is a magician having a whiny, 5 year old tantrum?

Has Long performed any better under Koeman than he did for Steve Bruce? Or Steve Clarke or Roy Hodgson for that matter.

Was Elia any better here than he was at Juve or Werder?

Has Djuricic done anything special he hasn't done at Benfica or Mainz?

What about Mayuka? Did nothing in England up until this season. Did Koeman get the best out of him?

He is very small though. Not many small players who aren't physical beasts do well in central midfield in the Premier League any more' date=' do they?[/quote']

they do if they play alongside a beast like Victor Wanyama

He had the best form of his career so far under Koeman already didn't he? Same as Pelle. Some players just click with certain managers.

How is being sick of people thinking Koeman is a magician having a whiny, 5 year old tantrum?

Has Long performed any better under Koeman than he did for Steve Bruce? Or Steve Clarke or Roy Hodgson for that matter.

Was Elia any better here than he was at Juve or Werder?

Has Djuricic done anything special he hasn't done at Benfica or Mainz?

What about Mayuka? Did nothing in England up until this season. Did Koeman get the best out of him?

My point was that you compared Long to the other two as in bad players, not that I believe Koeman is Gandalf

Er Xavi?

I've always thought from what I've heard Classie is more of a playmaker midfielder, the type we need for home games against teams that park the bus which is becoming more common the better our team gets.

So I've always presumed its Clasie + another more defensive minded player who can play more in the tougher away games etc.

Though Cabaye could probably do both he's handled to premier league before and always carried a bit of goal threat as well.

But still think it's two midfielders we need, maybe 3 if you start thinking a goal scoring one. Defensive or all rounder, a playmaker and an goal scoring AMC.

Er Xavi?

I've always thought from what I've heard Classie is more of a playmaker midfielder, the type we need for home games against teams that park the bus which is becoming more common the better our team gets.

So I've always presumed its Clasie + another more defensive minded player who can play more in the tougher away games etc.

Though Cabaye could probably do both he's handled to premier league before and always carried a bit of goal threat as well.

But still think it's two midfielders we need, maybe 3 if you start thinking a goal scoring one. Defensive or all rounder, a playmaker and an goal scoring AMC.

If they are good enough they are tall enough! Classie will do fine in the EPL.

1 goal in 15 in a Serie A - most players who make it there can't hack it in PL, let alone those who cant...

Saw enough of him at Bayern, and more recently against England to tell he is a technically good player.

Inter are shocking at the moment so wouldnt based 6 months there as anything to go by.

I dunno, Cazorlla did ok for Arsenal.

What worries me is Vurnon Anita came with a similar reputation from Ajax to Newcastle. Dutch international, small, but with bags of talent on the ball. Only good game I've seen him have for Newcastle was the last game of the season against West Ham.

VILLA AGREE GUEYE FEE

Aston Villa have agreed a £9m fee with Lille for midfielder Idrissa Gana Gueye, according to Sky sources.

The Senegal international is due to arrive in the west Midlands on Thursday to discuss personal terms.

VILLA AGREE GUEYE FEE

Aston Villa have agreed a £9m fee with Lille for midfielder Idrissa Gana Gueye, according to Sky sources.

The Senegal international is due to arrive in the west Midlands on Thursday to discuss personal terms.

That's their Delph replacement then....

I'm not honestly sure he was ever too high on our list, to be honest.

So Clasie goes past players like Cazorla?

I've not seen him play, so I have no idea.

Not on the level of cazorla dribbling wise but can shimmy past a player, he also has great awareness on the ball a bit like Xavi and can twist and turn to always give himself time on the ball,

Top of my wish list is clasie really really hope we get him

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.tuttojuve.com/calciomercato/gianluca-di-marzio-offerta-di-11-milioni-piu-bonus-per-ogbonna-dal-southampton-la-juve-ci-pensa-242826&prev=search

According to this, Gianluca DiMarzio stated on Italian TV that we are ready to (or have already, translation isn't clear) offer 11m euros plus 2m bonuses for Ogbonna.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.tuttojuve.com/calciomercato/gianluca-di-marzio-offerta-di-11-milioni-piu-bonus-per-ogbonna-dal-southampton-la-juve-ci-pensa-242826&prev=search

According to this, Gianluca DiMarzio stated on Italian TV that we are ready to (or have already, translation isn't clear) offer 11m euros plus 2m bonuses for Ogbonna.

This does look like it could be on, which will sadly mean no Alderweireld - will be proper gutted if he ends up at Spurs!

'Avrebbero offerto' is something like 'would have offered' which I take to mean 'are prepared to offer' and Juventus are thinking about it.

That's their Delph replacement then....

I'm not honestly sure he was ever too high on our list, to be honest.

No, as you said before we are getting linked with so many players. It seems clear to me Clasie has always been our number one target. I still think there will be a couple of unexpected signings, I'm pretty sure any rumours of Mane only came out the day before we signed him.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

No, as you said before we are getting linked with so many players. It seems clear to me Clasie has always been our number one target. I still think there will be a couple of unexpected signings, I'm pretty sure any rumours of Mane only came out the day before we signed him.

Let's hope they turn out to be as good as Mane!

VILLA AGREE GUEYE FEE

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33362759

At £9m, I'd like to see us nip in and buy him now. Surely Mane can tap him up .. sorry, let me re-phrase that ... can encourage him to come to us. Does he not look at Premier League tables? Come and play Europe League with a decent club.

At £9m, we don't need to delay until the MS situation resolves itself. It's pocket change these days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33362759

At £9m, I'd like to see us nip in and buy him now. Surely Mane can tap him up .. sorry, let me re-phrase that ... can encourage him to come to us. Does he not look at Premier League tables? Come and play Europe League with a decent club.

At £9m, we don't need to delay until the MS situation resolves itself. It's pocket change these days.

If we were interested at the price being asked then I don't doubt that we would have matched it and tried to sign the player.

As we don't seem to have done that then I suspect we're not interested in the player or the price. He's good'ish but not that great and we no doubt have other targets.