Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Think around 13 million euros was the asking price. Doesn't seem to much to spend if we are definitely losing Morgan we bid close to that for kryzowiak also

True. I also remember last year either Guan or K.Billy hinting that we were leaking interest in players as a diversion for our actual targets.

Maybe we're doing the same?

Think around 13 million euros was the asking price. Doesn't seem to much to spend if we are definitely losing Morgan we bid close to that for kryzowiak also

Presumably asking price is fluid if other teams like Roma are interested and want to compete for his signature.

Has there actually been any proper solid link to Clasie, other than Koeman saying he's a player that he likes? Just seems to be a lot of assumption that he would be replacing Morgan, without anything substantial behind it.

Koeman did actually come out and say ''He's on our list should Morgan leave''.

I think if/when Morgan leaves, we'll get our top targets in those positions. At the moment I think it's all about beefing up the squad a bit, and if we sign a midfielder now, I'd look upon it more as a Cork replacement rather than anything else.

Has there actually been any proper solid link to Clasie, other than Koeman saying he's a player that he likes? Just seems to be a lot of assumption that he would be replacing Morgan, without anything substantial behind it.

Koeman did say in a Dutch interview that if Morgan leaves clasie would be on our list of replacements

Koeman has said he is 'on the list' if Schneiderlin leaves, and the Dutch media constantly say we're interested.

It's fair to presume that should Schneiderlin leave we'll make a move for him if he is still available.

Koeman did actually come out and say ''He's on our list should Morgan leave''.

I think if/when Morgan leaves, we'll get our top targets in those positions. At the moment I think it's all about beefing up the squad a bit, and if we sign a midfielder now, I'd look upon it more as a Cork replacement rather than anything else.

Ah fair enough, hadn't seen that. I guess I just would have expected a link to a bid of some sort like we have seen for Gueye and the Polish lad whose name I can't spell.

Though as mentioned above, maybe these are the 'decoy' names whilst we're working behind the scenes on Clasie.

Whilst I'm not 100% sure we will go for another striker I was having a browse & doing some YouTube scouting & looked at Aleksandar Mitrovic.

I notice Alan Nixon seemingly saying that he was close to joining Swansea recently, with us & Newcastle linked.

Looks quality & scored a ridiculous amount of goals for a youngster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrDjrKtOdj0

Wonder if he's ever been "on the list"?

*Warning - YouTube video features tedious music.

Whilst I'm not 100% sure we will go for another striker I was having a browse & doing some YouTube scouting & looked at Aleksandar Mitrovic.

I notice Alan Nixon seemingly saying that he was close to joining Swansea recently, with us & Newcastle linked.

Looks quality & scored a ridiculous amount of goals for a youngster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrDjrKtOdj0

Wonder if he's ever been "on the list"?

*Warning - YouTube video features tedious music.

Stopped reading at this point...

What about the Portugal U21 DM Carvalho? He looked good tonight, strong, ball winner.

He would be good to get on board. And another Portuguese. Just need JoseFonteBaby to talk him into it. :)

Been linked with a £24m move to Arsenal or United. Looks to be a great player, however one we may not be big enough to sign.

John Cross from the Mirror just said on Talksport that Saints are very interested in Nathan Redmond and that is one to watch. They were talking about Redmond and the U21's at the time not transfers specifically.

I hope so, I thought we should have taken him following Norwich's relegation.

John Cross from the Mirror just said on Talksport that Saints are very interested in Nathan Redmond and that is one to watch. They were talking about Redmond and the U21's at the time not transfers specifically.
Can't see us going for him now with the options w have, plus Norwich would want a fortune for him (unless his contract is close to running down?).

We've been linked with him for about three years now. Didn't they want something stupid like £20 million last summer or the summer before? I don't think he's THAT good and I think we're okay in that position. I'd rather they focus on getting in a keeper (or two), a CB and a Morgan replacement.

Goalkeeper option - with Cech almost certain to join Arsenal, looks like Ospina going out the door. Maybe a move for him, sure he would prefer us to Fenerbace? Or a cheeky bid for Cshzezny (sp)?

Ospina is a very good keeper, would be a nice stop gap till Frazer comes back and would provide good competition for him when he does return.

Keeper is the position that worries me most at the minute and I really hope the club move quickly for a top quality player, we've done well getting some up and coming players in already this window but with Forster out I really think we need a proven option in goal. Ospina is a decent shout he had a good season for Arsenal by all accounts beyond that we need a cntre back which fingers crossed will be Toby but if he doesn't sign I'd hope we will look to bring in someone of real quality to play alongside Fonte.

Some funny ones in this thread, would love to see Mitrovik here but can't see it his record says bigger club all over it or maybe we can convince him to do a Benteke and use us as a stepping stone?

Edited by a1ex2001

I do like the fact that if Morgan does go, we're being linked with some top class replacements (Song, Krychowiak, Bender etc)

Shows that the club realise the importance of that position to the team doing well.

26 years old and only managed 30 league games once in his career, not saying he'd be an awful signing but we'd need Reed a lot more than we did this year by the looks of things. His last 5 years at Dortmund;

31 games

24 games

20 games

19 games

13 games

You assuming that is down to injuries... when perhaps it might be that he is playing for a very good Dortmund team and had more significant competition for his place.

You assuming that is down to injuries... when perhaps it might be that he is playing for a very good Dortmund team and had more significant competition for his place.

No, I wasn't assuming anything. It was down to injuries.

Edited by Saint Matty 76

Potentially a fall back if Toby doesn't sign, maybe? I am liking this sentence in the piece: "Ogbonna is prepared to move to club that meets his ambitions, and would consider moving to a club who could offer European football. This is something Southampton can give to the player instantly after qualifying for next seasons Europa League" regardless, though... :D