Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Is 'arry breaking out transfer scoops?!

@Redknapp: Heard Swansea are close to signing Andre Ayew from Marseille. He's on the way there with his agent Mark Mackay to do the deal. Good player.

Mark Mackay now doing the deals now is he? His father, Willie, was the "agent" for nearly every one of Arry's meticulously-scouted transfers

Sadio Mané wanted by Bayern, according to SPORTBILD.

Bundesliga Latest

‏@BL_Latest

SPORTBILD | Der FC Bayern hat auch Sadio #Mané auf der Liste. Die Münchner ließen sich Videos zusammenstellen. #FCB

Swansea signing Andre Ayew on a free tomorrow which is a very tidy signing.

Mirror reckons West Ham are still trying to sign him, as well as Obiang and Gignac. As an aside Gignac offered these words to the French press when asked about Andre Ayew

@GFN_France 7h: André Pierre Gignac on André Ayew, per France Football: "A motherf***er, he should get lost. With his brother, all they did was moan."

So perhaps it would not be the best idea to have them at the same club.

Mirror reckons West Ham are still trying to sign him, as well as Obiang and Gignac. As an aside Gignac offered these words to the French press when asked about Andre Ayew

So perhaps it would not be the best idea to have them at the same club.

That would be funny.

No mention of it on their Twitter feed...

https://twitter.com/SPORTBILD

This Twitter account claims Bild have said it. But that isn't the same as Bild actually saying it...

https://twitter.com/BL_Latest/status/608385598580256768

http://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga/2015/bundesliga/mane-ist-bayerns-plan-b-gladbach-will-ginter-41296154.sport.html

"Because Manchester Ángel Di María and Atlético Madrid Antoine Griezmann are so expensive, the Bayern bosses videos of Sadio Mané from Southampton were put together. Mané is worth according transfermarkt.de 14 million, however, is considered as not simple character."

Sadio Mané wanted by Bayern, according to SPORTBILD.

No mention of it on their Twitter feed...

https://twitter.com/SPORTBILD

This Twitter account claims Bild have said it. But that isn't the same as Bild actually saying it...

https://twitter.com/BL_Latest/status/608385598580256768

All I said at around midnight was that it was not on their Twitter feed. Which was true at the time.

Then 11 hours later it appeared on their website. Nothing I said was incorrect.

Yes please!!

Krychowiak would be an outstanding signing, but would he trade Champions League football for Premier League wages?

Also we apparently offered 12m euros for a player they rate at 30m euros (£21.9m). Very unlikely we would spend £21.9m on one player

Edited by Bewildered

As long as he is better than the last Pole with the name Grzegorz. It wouldn't be difficult. Our track record with Polish players is not that great if we're honest, though one or two flattered to deceive initially.

Rasiak did alright for us all things considered.

This story from the Express is a classic of the genre

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/583502/Southampton-Ralph-Krueger-Nathaniel-Clyne-Morgan-Schneiderlin-Toby-Alderweireld-futures

The headline reads

Southampton DISCUSS futures of Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs targets Clyne and Schneiderlin

Then the first line of the story states the exact opposite: "SOUTHAMPTON chairman Ralph Krueger has refused to discuss the futures of the star players at St Mary's." :lol:

Unless Mane does a Lallana/Lovren, I can't see why we would sell for anything south of £20m, a figure which I very highly doubt we will be offered.

Didn't we pay £12million for Mane? If so i can't see us selling him unless we make £12million profit, to get our money back and pay for a replacement.

As long as he is better than the last Pole with the name Grzegorz. It wouldn't be difficult. Our track record with Polish players is not that great if we're honest, though one or two flattered to deceive initially.

LOL Rasiak was absolute quality for us, we signed him to score goals and that's exactly what he did, yes he didn't run round like a headless chicken, score thunderbolts from 40 yards or fill in at centre back but his record was excellent until we started mucking him around for some unknown reason give him a sniff of a chance in the box and he was on it like a rat up a drain pipe. I've never understood why so many of our fans couldn't and evidently still can't see how good he was?

Rasiak was class.

LOL Rasiak was absolute quality for us, we signed him to score goals and that's exactly what he did, yes he didn't run round like a headless chicken, score thunderbolts from 40 yards or fill in at centre back but his record was excellent until we started mucking him around for some unknown reason give him a sniff of a chance in the box and he was on it like a rat up a drain pipe. I've never understood why so many of our fans couldn't and evidently still can't see how good he was?

I agree, but I think a lot of why Rasiak doesn't get much credit is that most, if not all of the players from that time are seen as transient and were only there to pick up their pay cheques. It always strikes me how badly managed that team was under Burley - we should have been pushing for automatic promotion that season, but scraped into the playoffs. The quality and style of football wasn't great either, but that 2006/07 season is forgotten because of the chaos and horror that followed.

Back on the subject of this thread, what is the latest on Austin - Talksport seemed to be saying he was nailed on for Newcastle Utd (while trying to suggest that West Ham would be good because it was in London.)

McLaren appointed as Newcastle Boss.

How long before the nutty fans turn on him?

TBF what do you think the reaction on here would be if we appointed a manager who failed twice in the championship and got sacked by a championship club less than a fortnight ago..........

All I said at around midnight was that it was not on their Twitter feed. Which was true at the time.

Then 11 hours later it appeared on their website. Nothing I said was incorrect.

I tried finding a link, but there was not one there, hence why I put up the tweet... Apologies.

HAMMERS AIM TO SIGN SONG

West Ham joint-chairman David Sullivan says the club are trying to secure a deal for Alex Song.

Song spent the season on loan with the Hammers from Barcelona but his future remains uncertain with a year left on his deal at the Nou Camp.

“I can assure you we have not given up on Alex Song yet,” Sullivan told the West Ham website.

“Before Christmas Alex was outstanding and if we believe we can get him back to that sort of form and maybe with a new manager we can, we would very much like Alex to come.

“We are very thin on the ground with midfielders. You do get injuries and you need back-up. We have got Europe and other games that we want to win.”

Song doesn't fit Saints usual transfer target MO I don't think.

As an aside, the West Ham Board love to chat. If they signed half the players they talk about (or Sullivans teenage Son tweets about) they would be a top 4 side.

Much prefer our more professional approach.

Yesterday when they signed Obiang from Sampdoria David Gold tweeted a pic of him welcoming the lad to the Club.

Apart from it wasn't Obiang. It was Angelo Ogbonna.

Edited by Saint Charlie

As an aside, the West Ham Board love to chat. If they signed half the players they talk about (or Sullivans teenage Son tweets about) they would be a top 4 side.

Much prefer our more professional approach.

Yesterday when they signed Obiang from Sampdoria David Gold tweeted a pic of him welcoming the lad to the Club.

Apart from it wasn't Obiang. It was Angelo Ogbonna.

They certainly do love to talk - Have you seen their Boleyn Insider?

It's a bit like an extended "Jack Sullivan tweet" where they actually talk about stuff that's going on with transfers behind the scenes.

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015/June/10-June/Boleyn-Insider

HAMMERS AIM TO SIGN SONG

West Ham joint-chairman David Sullivan says the club are trying to secure a deal for Alex Song.

Song spent the season on loan with the Hammers from Barcelona but his future remains uncertain with a year left on his deal at the Nou Camp.

“I can assure you we have not given up on Alex Song yet,” Sullivan told the West Ham website.

Before Christmas Alex was outstanding and if we believe we can get him back to that sort of form and maybe with a new manager we can, we would very much like Alex to come.

“We are very thin on the ground with midfielders. You do get injuries and you need back-up. We have got Europe and other games that we want to win.”

Seems like if you are keen to make a loan deal permanent, you wouldn't imply that said player was rubbish after Christmas.