Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

He is below fernando and Fernandinho in the pecking order then. Hardly a vote of great confidence

He will play in central midfield (when not being played CB, Wing Back, Winger by rodgers) with Henderson......wow

Or he's more valuable in other positions to City as the replacements aren't as good in those positions..?

We're being linked to Danish International CB Simon Kjær in L'Equipe: http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Lille-simon-kjaer-attend-de-meilleures-offres/563989

A strong, battling defender, his career outside Denmark started quite well at Palermo, but a move to Wolfsburg exposed some of his shortcomings. His loan move to AS Roma was also unhappy following a string of costly errors. At OSC Lille however, he has been immense and part of one of the tightest defenses in Europe.

Ready for the PL? I have no idea. He could end up as either Saints-Lovren or Liverpool-Lovren!

I've seen a fair bit of SK and I'd see him as a step back for us. He loves the Hollywood pass to the opposition but keeps on trying for the 1 in 10 that comes off. Not the quickest, not the smartest, average strength for a centre half but I wouldn't say he's bad either. He's just not what we want if we want to progress in my opinion.

I've seen a fair bit of SK and I'd see him as a step back for us. He loves the Hollywood pass to the opposition but keeps on trying for the 1 in 10 that comes off. Not the quickest, not the smartest, average strength for a centre half but I wouldn't say he's bad either. He's just not what we want if we want to progress in my opinion.

He used to be very good but has dropped off over the past 3 or 4 years.

As an aside, Davide Astori has been brilliant this year for Roma, and I believe he is on loan from Cagliari. May be worth another look.

We should keep well away from this Guy. A défo Step back

He used to be very good but has dropped off over the past 3 or 4 years.

As an aside, Davide Astori has been brilliant this year for Roma, and I believe he is on loan from Cagliari. May be worth another look.

Wouldn't be a HCDAJFU Summer thread without one of Kjaer or Astori getting a mention :)

So what? I'm not saying he is the best CM in the league. In central midfield though, he'd get in any team in the league apart from City and Chelsea. And he is significantly better than Jack Cork.

It looks to me you're jumping on the well peddled 'other clueless football fans fink he's rubbish so I'm going to regurgitate that' opinion without recognising how good/useful he is.

And i'm not saying he isn't a useful player, i'm saying a 'useful' player isn't worth 150k+ a week

I'd rather have Cork in front of the back four but Milner is clearly the better footballer. Is he 200k a week good in central midfield? I don't think so personally.

Remember, that is 200K a week with no transfer fee.

Yep - so you could slice it and see it as a £10m transfer fee and £150k a week for four years, or a £20m transfer fee and £100k a week etc. Either way, it's £40m assigned for Milner to play in central midfield for the next four years until he is 33. Not convinced.

The problem with that is perception, the rest of the team don't care they just see a bloke who is potentially worse than them being paid f*ck loads.

If that 150k + is true then Rodgers is gonna have a lot of people coming to him.

A reported £200k a week (including signing on fee) and he'll play centrally. I think he's a decent player but I don't think he's going to make a difference for them getting into the Top 4. And £200k a week...but they won't give Sterling £150k a week. A bit silly.

Where has it been reported that he's going to be earning £200,000 pw? I've not seen that anywhere :S

This might polarise opinion, but I reckon Mark Noble would be a good signing. Always thought how under-rated he is.

Decent player and would be good in our team.

But very very unlikely he would leave West Ham for Saints. He is a Hammer through and through and they are just about to move to the Olympic Stadium.

A big outlay for a club like stoke, but I guess if they factor in that he has no transfer fee, they can probably spend the £10/15m fee on his wages instead. Will be interesting to see how he does.

Decent player and would be good in our team.

But very very unlikely he would leave West Ham for Saints. He is a Hammer through and through and they are just about to move to the Olympic Stadium.

Big Sam did drop him last season. West Ham might be tempted to cash in.

Stefano Okaka being strongly linked in Italian press. Sampdoria Chairman in England this weekend to hold talks about Okaka and Eder and Saints believed to be the team closest to getting the former and maybe West Ham or Sunderland the latter.

Don't know much about either. Quick wiki check shows Okaka far from prolific.

Okaka was a huge flop at Fulham, spent about 6 months on loan a few seasons back. Had a big reputation as a youngster, but never seemed to go anywhere. Very tall and powerful though, so maybe seen as a Pelle alternative.

Stefano Okaka being strongly linked in Italian press. Sampdoria Chairman in England this weekend to hold talks about Okaka and Eder and Saints believed to be the team closest to getting the former and maybe West Ham or Sunderland the latter.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/05/report-sampdoria-president-heading-to-london-to-complete-deals-f/?

Okaka was a huge flop at Fulham, spent about 6 months on loan a few seasons back. Had a big reputation as a youngster, but never seemed to go anywhere. Very tall and powerful though, so maybe seen as a Pelle alternative.

Let's hope we get Austin instead.

Wonder if we can sneak Osvaldo into his suitcase without him knowing?

Maybe we're being greedy and are getting both. Cause if you think about it, in terms of out and out strikers....we have 1! Long, Jay, Mane etc are more supporting forwards.

This is true, this is why I'm so keen on the Austin deal because with europe as well, we are definitely going to switch people around.

I always hoped Sam Gallagher would step up next year to compete & be 3rd choice. Signing a Okaka might scupper that. Lets be honest though, that Sampdoria chap could be meeting anyone - Watford probably in for him.

Let's hope we get Austin instead.

Wonder if we can sneak Osvaldo into his suitcase without him knowing?

Indeed. I would think that Okaka is one of the back up options should we fail to land our top priority transfer targets in the position, which at the moment appears to be Charlie Austin.

16:58

SPURS AND SAINTS CHASE SILVA

Tottenham Hotspur and Southampton are both interested in Sporting Lisbon midfielder Adrien Silva, according to The Sun.

The 26-year-old Portugal international is believed to be looking for a move to the Premier League in the summer transfer window.

He said: "The English league is very attractive. With the level it has, whether it’s the first team or the last team, there are beautiful matches. It’s a player’s dream."

An interesting article (http://thinkfootball.co.uk/what-next-for-southampton/) which sums up Saints current situation and priorities for the transfer window nicely. Makes some interesting suggestions for who we need to buy. Not sure I agree with them all in terms of personnel but I think the positions are right.

Personally, I think we'll get Stekelenburg, Clasie, Vilhenna and Ings as well as signing Toby on a permanent deal with Morgan leaving.