Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

We have Saint Charlie, now 100% himself, and, very close to the powers that be. so no need for aliases with insider info anymore

Still early stages of the market. We are obviously trying to know what will happen with certain players, and that will largely determine incomings.

My opinion. No insider info!

TOFFEES IN CLEVERLEY TALKS

Everton have reportedly opened talks with Tom Cleverley over a summer move.

The 25-year-old is out of contract at Manchester United and, according to the Liverpool Echo, the Toffees have started negotiations with his representative.

Apparently Everton will face competition from Arsenal, Southampton, and Aston Villa, where Cleverley spent last season on loan.

TOFFEES IN CLEVERLEY TALKS

Everton have reportedly opened talks with Tom Cleverley over a summer move.

The 25-year-old is out of contract at Manchester United and, according to the Liverpool Echo, the Toffees have started negotiations with his representative.

Apparently Everton will face competition from Arsenal, Southampton, and Aston Villa, where Cleverley spent last season on loan.

It's just bolloaks that's being bandied about, every club in the PL, Serie A and La Liga seems to be interested in every player who thinks he might fancy a move sooner or later. During an idle moment the other day I worked out that Arsenal were "interested" in players with a total projected cost of half a billion £ this summer alone.

naming names is very difficult, and depends on the strength / honesty/ accuracy of the media source, and like 99% of you on this site, very few of us are ITN.

However, it's obvious that despite Les Reed's encouraging comments, we'll need to sign top class replacements for the (eventual) sales of Clyne and Schneiderlin.

The goalkeeper situation is vital. No-one knows how long Forster will be out..guessing the New Year sounds promising, but what happens if it all season (like JayRod) ?

KD (bless him) may never get another game with Saints, and surely RK has convinced himself of Gazzaniga's un-suitability by now...he should be loaned out .......and we should sign TWO keepers, (one of whom should be of good international quality).

RK quoted (sometime) that we had ..14 top class players in the squad, and the rest of the bench usually featured one or two Academy graduates, but if they were THAT good, they'd be in the first team starters already, but not even JWP can be called a regular, although he does play quite a lot..

There is no way RK is going to start U21 players in the Europa League - even if we play the third placed side from Lichtenstein......

Having got into a Euro competition, he should put out the strongest side possible, so that means we need more players to increase those 14 mentioned.

I don't ever think that a CL place was ever " on the cards", but it looked comforting when we were in 3rd spot, but the lack of depth in the squad let us down when we had 5 injuries in the space of 3 games, and coincided with Pelle's loss of form. My only criticism of RK's otherwise excellent season; he should have signed / loaned a big striker in January..

Chelsea and Man City had a lot more to choose from in such circumstances, and that carried then through.

Edited by david in sweden

Having got into a Euro competition, he should put out the strongest side possible, so that means we need more players to increase those 14 mentioned.

I think he should manage the squad in a way that gives him a chance to win the game - that may not always be naming our strongest team possible.

Kongolo, Clasie and Winjaldum

I can ensure , as Feyenoord fan , that Clasie is a serious option for the Saints, he already spoke out to the public that he could've played his last match for Feyenoord.

But his asking price is 18 million euros and i don't think RK will lay that amount of money on the table for Clasie. Kongolo will not leave Feyenoord anytime soon. Wijnaldum would be an absolute cracker of a transfer if saints would buy him. I think he is much better than Djuricic and Davis.

I can see us keeping Morgan and Clyne this summer - unless Man U buy them both, there don't seem to be any other great options for them - maybe arsenal for Morgan. If they stay & sign they will undoubtedly have £25m-£30m release clauses. Irritatingly I imagine we don't end up signing Toby and Chelsea do as it seems like a no brainer for them - there is a chance they might loan him to us for 3 years before selling him for £50 million to PSG though.

If we could get Clasie (£12m- £15m), Austin (£10m), Van Dijk (£8m-£10m) and then loan one of Steklenberg or Szczczczczczzczney.

That would give:

GK - Stek or Szney / Forster / Gazzaniga

DF - Bertrand/Targett - Fonte/VanDijk/Yoshida/Gardos - Clyne/U21's Player

MF/AMF - Wanyama/Morgan/Claise/Reed/JWP/StevieD - i think Morgan or Clasie could work well as a more advanced midfielder, particularly with quick runners like Long/Mane/JRod.

Forwards - Mane/Long/JRod/Tadic

Str - Pelle/Austin

Spend £30m~, get rid of the loan players. I think Morgan would do well more advanced and as we, hopefully, will have more games from Europa league meaning better options to play our more junior members in competitive games which should improve them - viz a viz Hurricane.

With Celtic signing Dedryck Boyata from Man City today, could they be on the point of selling us Virgil Van Dyke. Dedryck Boyata seems a tailor made replacement for Van Dyke. Can't see them holding on to Van Dyke any longer.

With Celtic signing Dedryck Boyata from Man City today, could they be on the point of selling us Virgil Van Dyke. Dedryck Boyata seems a tailor made replacement for Van Dyke. Can't see them holding on to Van Dyke any longer.

It doesn't really prove anything about van Dijk, Boyata may simply be Denayer's replacement.

2014/15 Man City loaned Celtic centre back Jason Denayer

2015/16 Man City sell centre back Dedryck Boyata to Celtic

Edited by Matthew Le God

available , yes. Cheap, no!

But he would be such a nice addition to the saints !

I keep working by the mantra that if I say it enough it will happen.

If I had to choose who would make the biggest difference to us then Wijnaldum would exponentially improve our Attacking Midfielders of (Davis/JWP/Djurcic/Gaston) and thus our team.

He has pace, assists and an eye for a goal, I would spend 15mil on him without blinking if we got 25mil for Morgan purely on the goals he scores and makes from a position we hardly get anything from offensively.

Stats this season- 14 goals & 3 assists including Europe - http://www.whoscored.com/Players/33568

I think it would be a good step for him, he gets a pay rise and plays on a bigger stage and can prove himself to the big 4 here and bigger teams abroad. The only concern is the CL opportunity with Italian/Portuguese/Spanish clubs where he would also make a difference but perhaps not get paid as well.

Can't believe some people still think Morgan will stay. Hopefully it will all get sorted quickly

Well he will stay if no one meets the clubs valuation. Also he has stated he will only leave for a CL club playing in the PL doesn't exactly give him a lot of options. The only one of the CL clubs with a link so far is Man U and even then Morgan is only seen as back up if they don't get their preferred choice. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Morgan went but first a big club has to offer a big load of dosh and that hasn't happened yet.

Cleverley is awful. Shambles of a footballer.

Not sure where this perception comes from. He evidently wasn't ready/good enough for a top club like United, and has admittedly notched up more than a few poor performances, but he's had a half-decent season for Villa. Don't think I'd want him at Saints, though.

Not sure where this perception comes from. He evidently wasn't ready/good enough for a top club like United, and has admittedly notched up more than a few poor performances, but he's had a half-decent season for Villa. Don't think I'd want him at Saints, though.

Every weekend for the last 3yrs and various England games for the English "Xavi"

Goalkeeper aside (because we know that is something that needs to be addressed regardless), I can't see us being protagonists in the market until we know what is happening with Osvaldo, Ramirez, Schneiderlin, Clyne, and Alderweireld (or at least a few of them to set off the wheels in motion of replacements / using the budget they free up / funds raised).