Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

33 goals in 10 years at a club level. Ada forward to.

Deffo give a wide berth

Sounds like a Pelle style targetman. Played well enough to get called up by Italy this season and the Sampdoria Manager said he this year that he had wasted his career til this point but had the potential to be one of the best strikers in Italy.

Seems like an odd ish one, but if we did get him then surely wouldnt be in for more strikers, ie Austin as this guy, like Pelle is a no 9.

Unless Pelle or Long may leave...

More on Almeida:

http://o-posts.com/news/tag/andre-almeida-benfica/

We could certainly use someone who can cover those positions.

Looks a James Milner type player hard working decent player who can do a decent job in a number of positions. However I doubt this one will be a fans favourite as he seems solid rather than spectacular mean the majority of the mugs on here will think he's sh*t and be slagging him off before his fifth start.

Looks a James Milner type player hard working decent player who can do a decent job in a number of positions. However I doubt this one will be a fans favourite as he seems solid rather than spectacular mean the majority of the mugs on here will think he's sh*t and be slagging him off before his fifth start.

Excellent. The new Mikael Nilssson. Just call me #quickslag. Oh...

What's he done to deserve five starts ? I though twenty minutes of the home debut was the critical point to judge a new players worth

watched a bit of okaka in full matches on you tube last night, on the bright side he's very very mobile unlike pelle, lightning quick and built like a tank I think he is such a physical beast he will cause some problems.

Think of a cross between van gobbel Heskey and yaya toure playing as a striker as a comparison

watched a bit of okaka in full matches on you tube last night, on the bright side he's very very mobile unlike pelle, lightning quick and built like a tank I think he is such a physical beast he will cause some problems.

Think of a cross between van gobbel Heskey and yaya toure playing as a striker as a comparison

All I want to know about any new attacker is can he shoot on target from further out than 6 yards? If not, then he's no better than what we have. I'm tired of the team always trying to walk the ball into the net!

All I want to know about any new attacker is can he shoot on target from further out than 6 yards? If not, then he's no better than what we have. I'm tired of the team always trying to walk the ball into the net!

Hard to tell from the match I watched as he wasn't get much in the way of service.

But looks like his main strengths are pace power and running with ball.

To me his mobility is very interesting though after having to endure pelle and lambert running at pace of a slug, this guy could definitely offer a differant dimension

That's the reason I'd like us to go for Shelvey. We have nobody who can do what he did to us at St. Mary's last season.

Well considering James Milner is of the same standard as Jack Cork in midfield apparently, I'm not surprised.

Sounds like another jozy altidore

Sounds like another jozy altidore

This is a very accurate comparison. See also Lukaku.

Great physical attributes, incredibly frustrating as he should be doing better throughout his career. Don't really think we need him if we're keeping Pelle. Far too similar players IMO.

Milner will be a decent enough replacement for Gerrard but I'm not so sure the Scousers will be happy with that. He'd struggle to get into a top 4 starting 11 and that's where most of their fans will want to be.

On a side note, I'm astonished that he is only 29. Could have sworn he was playing for Leeds in the Prem about 15 years ago, thought he was about 33 by now.

Milner will be a decent enough replacement for Gerrard but I'm not so sure the Scousers will be happy with that. He'd struggle to get into a top 4 starting 11 and that's where most of their fans will want to be.

On a side note, I'm astonished that he is only 29. Could have sworn he was playing for Leeds in the Prem about 15 years ago, thought he was about 33 by now.

His Premier League debut was in November 2002.

From what I made of that, we didn't offer him enough $$, whilst Bestikas did. Sounds like it's all about him joining Bestikas.

Song would be an immense signing as he's had a great season for West Ham. Really makes things tick and he's still only 27. For £8 million it'd be a bargain and IMO we should be in for him anyway whether Morgan stays or not. (Though I accept he's going!) Song and Wanyama would own our midfield. Would he rather stay at West Ham though?

Make it happen Ron!

Am I the only one who's not 100% on Alex Song? Admittedly a very good player but on his own terms - don't think he's industrious enough to fill Morgan's shoes as he puts in a lot of work defensively that I don't think Song does. Plus £8m is a high fee considering his wages would be massive as well. Surprised he's only 27 though, seems like he's been around forever.

Am I the only one who's not 100% on Alex Song? Admittedly a very good player but on his own terms - don't think he's industrious enough to fill Morgan's shoes as he puts in a lot of work defensively that I don't think Song does. Plus £8m is a high fee considering his wages would be massive as well. Surprised he's only 27 though, seems like he's been around forever.

Agree. I doubt he'd be that hungry. Think it was Alex Ferguson who said never to sign players on their way down. He's played for Arsenal and Barca, would he really be that motivated to reallly make a difference to Saints?

Agree. I doubt he'd be that hungry. Think it was Alex Ferguson who said never to sign players on their way down. He's played for Arsenal and Barca, would he really be that motivated to reallly make a difference to Saints?

Its easy for the manager of Man Utd to say that, the pool of players that would consider Man Utd a step down from other clubs they've played for is relatively small.

Bertrand.

/enddiscussion.

I'm with you. He is too inconsistent and selfish as a player.

People on here say they want Clasie as a Morgan replacement. Dutch media are reporting there's a decent chance Van Ginkel will be sold by Chelsea this summer, as he wants playtime and he'll never get it in this Chelsea. Before his knee injury he was a bigger talent than Clasie, who was kept on the bench in the youth EC of 2013, and rightly so. Different type to Clasie. Van Ginkel was described as somewhat of a young Frank Lampard. A real box-to-box player, he does his defensive work but he can score goals as well. Clasie is someone who will most of the times stay behind and try a longball or longer pass.

I think he's worth a punt, he can get to a level that's out of reach for Clasie, who can be good but never top.

People on here say they want Clasie as a Morgan replacement. Dutch media are reporting there's a decent chance Van Ginkel will be sold by Chelsea this summer, as he wants playtime and he'll never get it in this Chelsea. Before his knee injury he was a bigger talent than Clasie, who was kept on the bench in the youth EC of 2013, and rightly so. Different type to Clasie. Van Ginkel was described as somewhat of a young Frank Lampard. A real box-to-box player, he does his defensive work but he can score goals as well. Clasie is someone who will most of the times stay behind and try a longball or longer pass.

I think he's worth a punt, he can get to a level that's out of reach for Clasie, who can be good but never top.

Sounds like Ryan needs a word with him.

Transfer window speculation just gets a bit wilder each season. I blame fantasy football myself, would be journalists just make stuff up according to the disposition of their latest ff selection.

BRITISH CLUBS FIGHT FOR SOUTH KOREA SKIPPER

South Korea captain Kim Young-Gwon is a target for a number of British clubs, including Southampton, Sunderland and Celtic, according to the Star On Sunday.

The 25-year-old is out of in contract in December with Chinese Super League champions Guangzhou Evergrande and could be available for a cut price fee.