Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

I know he is often mentioned and would be a big risk but Micah Richards could be an option to replace Clyne, plus can also cover at CB or in a back 3 if we switched to that.

English player with proven quality, something to prove and available on a free. Resale value too potentially.

Dodgy injury record and previous attitude issues though.

On Twitter : @ChrisMaitonSTV: According to reliable sources, Southampton officials have arrived in Brittany this morning to arrange a deal with Paul Ntep. #saintsfc

Going back to this one: Ntep was on TV just now, says he's had no offers, Rennes have had no offers and he's not really fussed about a move anyway.

Wouldn't take Weimann here but how about Carles Gil? Sherwood doesn't like him but he's looked good for them when he's actually played. Only cost them £3m in January so can't imagine he'd be much more than that to bring here, and can play right left or behind the striker. Worth a gamble I think, especially if we're letting Ramirez & Djuricic go as they're the only really creative flair players at the club.

We're being linked to Danish International CB Simon Kjær in L'Equipe: http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Lille-simon-kjaer-attend-de-meilleures-offres/563989

A strong, battling defender, his career outside Denmark started quite well at Palermo, but a move to Wolfsburg exposed some of his shortcomings. His loan move to AS Roma was also unhappy following a string of costly errors. At OSC Lille however, he has been immense and part of one of the tightest defenses in Europe.

Ready for the PL? I have no idea. He could end up as either Saints-Lovren or Liverpool-Lovren!

Liverpool announce they've agreed deal with James Milner

(Subject to medical)

A reported £200k a week (including signing on fee) and he'll play centrally. I think he's a decent player but I don't think he's going to make a difference for them getting into the Top 4. And £200k a week...but they won't give Sterling £150k a week. A bit silly.

James Milner is decent and versatile.

But he is not worth anything near £200k per week. Absolute idiocy. Is he a better central midfielder than Jack Cork? Doubt it. Liverpool are going to continue providing laughs for a few seasons methinks.

But he is not worth anything near £200k per week. Absolute idiocy. Is he a better central midfielder than Jack Cork? Doubt it. Liverpool are going to continue providing laughs for a few seasons methinks.

I think on the outside, he's a good player. Always gives 100%, works his arse off, has a bit of quality, but agree with you on the wage. In my opinion, he's 60-70k p/w tops. 200k p/w is crazy, and Morgan has every right to start screaming for that sort of wage if he moves!

I think on the outside, he's a good player. Always gives 100%, works his arse off, has a bit of quality, but agree with you on the wage. In my opinion, he's 60-70k p/w tops. 200k p/w is crazy, and Morgan has every right to start screaming for that sort of wage if he moves!

Free agents of proven quality always get good salaries. No transfer fee, no drawn out, crappy negociations with greedy clubs, quick and easy. What would Milner cost if he still had a contract at City 15-20 million? Spread that over 4 years and you get about the right figure.

I'd be surprised if Milner is on 200k - Saw a report that he turned down around 135k at City and took less to play 1st team football.

TBF, I can't imagine him as a Gerrard replacement, but good cover for all kinds of positions.

No doubt he fits the Rodgers criteria of "great character".

This is a joke yeah? You doubt that James Milner is a better player than Jack Cork?

Free agents of proven quality always get good salaries. No transfer fee, no drawn out, crappy negociations with greedy clubs, quick and easy. What would Milner cost if he still had a contract at City 15-20 million? Spread that over 4 years and you get about the right figure.

15 million for James bloody Milner?

I can't believe the amount of money being spent on him. Decent, solid, unspectacular. 200k a week is just mental money for that

15 million for James bloody Milner?

I can't believe the amount of money being spent on him. Decent, solid, unspectacular. 200k a week is just mental money for that

James Milner 2014/15 (league only):

1 goal every 349 minutes

1 assist every 219 minutes

Raheem Sterling 2014/15 (league only):

1 goal every 435 minutes

1 assist every 381 minutes

:p

Probably the worst player I've seen at St Mary's since we came back into the Premier League, couldn't have given less of a f**k when we beat them 2 years ago.

And probably one of the best I've ever seen at St Marys when we had Man U in the cup.

And probably one of the best I've ever seen at St Marys when we had Man U in the cup.

In 2009 he was 28 years old at at his peak, he is now 34 years old...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7803353.stm.

We also had a terrible team that day compared to that current one...

Davis, James, Perry, Lancashire, Skacel, Smith (Holmes 69), McGoldrick, Gillett (Schneiderlin 56), Surman, Gobern (McLaggon 56), Paterson.

Edited by Matthew Le God

As a central midfielder? Yeah, I would say marginal, if at all.

Well you're off the 'opinion worth considering' list then. He was utterly brilliant at Villa in that position, prior to City, and has hardly played there for City as they've had genuine World Class players there.

Have a read of the below:

http://www.football365.com/profile365/9874146/F365-Says

Honestly, I find it flabbergasting how people underrate and overrate players on here. Cork was an average to good Premier League CM. Milner is a very good to excellent one. Not even close imo.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

He is below fernando and Fernandinho in the pecking order then. Hardly a vote of great confidence

He will play in central midfield (when not being played CB, Wing Back, Winger by rodgers) with Henderson......wow

Edited by Batman

Well you're off the 'opinion worth considering' list then. He was utterly brilliant at Villa in that position, prior to City, and has hardly played there for City as they've had genuine World Class players there.

Have a read of the below:

http://www.football365.com/profile365/9874146/F365-Says

Honestly, I find it flabbergasting how people underrate and overrate players on here. Cork was an average to good Premier League CM. Milner is a very good to excellent one. Not even close imo.

He was at Villa 5 years ago and 5 years is a long time in football. I don't believe he's anywhere near that level of form these days and has become nothing more than a hard working utility player who can cover a few positions, and even when playing in central midfield for City he's not looked outstanding, just ok.

He's reportedly earning 150k a week PLUS a huge signing on fee. How many players in the league do you think earn that sort of money? It probably puts him in the top 20 or so best paid players in the league, and there is no way he should be in that sort of company

He was at Villa 5 years ago and 5 years is a long time in football. I don't believe he's anywhere near that level of form these days and has become nothing more than a hard working utility player who can cover a few positions, and even when playing in central midfield for City he's not looked outstanding, just ok.

He's reportedly earning 150k a week PLUS a huge signing on fee. How many players in the league do you think earn that sort of money? It probably puts him in the top 20 or so best paid players in the league, and there is no way he should be in that sort of company

So what? I'm not saying he is the best CM in the league. In central midfield though, he'd get in any team in the league apart from City and Chelsea. And he is significantly better than Jack Cork.

It looks to me you're jumping on the well peddled 'other clueless football fans fink he's rubbish so I'm going to regurgitate that' opinion without recognising how good/useful he is.