Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

I saw him in Hamburg in the season before last. He was gash and looked unfit and overweight.

maybe not a good move then, must admit I haven't seen anything of him since he went to Germany so i'll take your word for it. Shame though as he was class at Spurs.

"Jordy Clasie state next summer for a farewell from Feyenoord. Although the captain has a contract until 2018, but has put his sights on a new employer.

The fact that the club next season is not active in Europe rose for the midfielder last road bumps. He can not develop itself at Feyenoord.

For Clasie has long been interested. FC Porto last season offered eight million Euros, where Feyenoord ten wanted. Now include the Southampton manager Ronald Koeman - as morgan schneiderlin leaves - Zenit St. Petersburg and AS Roma in the market for international and Feyenoord playmaker of Orange"

I think lukaku would have got 25 in our side.

So 16 goals from a player who cost half as much is a great return?

I think the problem with Tadic and Pelle is that they are both used to a 34 games season with one domestic cup and a winter break. They come over here rather than get three weeks off for Christmas they hit the busiest section of the season.

Next season we will get a lot more from both of them especially if we have another attacker upfront to rotate.

What about Van Ginkel....been on loan at AC Milan, back at Chelsea this summer.

They probably want him to get some Prem experience? Dutch.....22 yrs old.

Milan are keen to get him for a second season, and he wants to stay - apparently. Good player though.

"Gundogan will be leaving Borussia Dortmund this summer, that is a fact," Watzke said.

"I am very confident we will see various clubs coming in for him. It has not been our intention to see him leaving. It was his ambition to move clubs (this summer).

"Therefore we agreed. We will sell him and modify our general future plans (in midfield) due to this!"

May have already been posted but... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHN0C7AkRYU

Jordy Claise would be a good signing imo. Doesnt hang around with the ball by releasing it quickly and with attacking purpose. I would say he would bring more creativity to the team than what Morgan does yet plays similar role. Dont get me wrong Morgan is a wonderful player and makes us tick and we are weaker without him but he isnt a creative force. We have lacked creativity at times especially away from home. Given the price being touted for Claise I think Saints would be mad not to at least try to sign him.

I am worried that some people think Clasie is some kind of worldbeater. The guy has only ever played in the dutch league - yes he might be good, but he seems to be getting better by the day on here !

FWIW, i've never seen him, and had never heard of him before Koeman arrived. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Hope he is as good as people are making out though.

I am worried that some people think Clasie is some kind of worldbeater. The guy has only ever played in the dutch league - yes he might be good, but he seems to be getting better by the day on here !

FWIW, i've never seen him, and had never heard of him before Koeman arrived. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

He has also played in European matches and for the Netherlands.

Why are you worried?

Most seem to rate him as one of the best young players in Holland, plays for their national team, why not be excited by the prospect of him joining us. If he was playing to the equivalant standard, but in the Prem, he wouldn't be coming to us.

And a bit more on Toby, latest quotes from him:

''“Of course I’m watching," said Alderweireld of Saturday's game.

"Normally I will support for Christian Benteke, but now I support for Arsenal.

"I hope we can go to Europe next season.

"I think we deserve that after this season and hopefully next season we can do better."''

For someone who was only on loan here, which has now ended, he still sounds like ''one of us'' and is already thinking of next season. Hope we can sort something out with Madrid.

And a bit more on Toby, latest quotes from him:

''“Of course I’m watching," said Alderweireld of Saturday's game.

"Normally I will support for Christian Benteke, but now I support for Arsenal.

"I hope we can go to Europe next season.

"I think we deserve that after this season and hopefully next season we can do better."''

For someone who was only on loan here, which has now ended, he still sounds like ''one of us'' and is already thinking of next season. Hope we can sort something out with Madrid.

One of our biggest assets and advantages to the team, which other teams fans maybe would maybe scoff at, but we always here from e.g. Koeman, the players, Les and of course Ralph, is our team spirit. I think its clearly very infectious, you go to Saints and unless you're a complete and utter helmet with no social grasp (maybe prone to rash headbutts) then I think you'll be taken in. You have to be pretty egotistical I think to not be taken in by the dressing room and the club and I think this will subtly have an impact om the players. You know, this is their job too, and maybe some of them might think, maybe being loved at work and working day to day in an amazing environment where I am always valued is something I want quite a lot, rather than working in a more mercenary environment or one where there are some golden boys and a clear pecking order and it's all about how well you do and how much money you earn. And if this more welcoming team is fighting and making a name for itself and could go places in the next couple of seasons then that's something serious to consider. Some players want to get rich and play at big clubs, but just playing at big clubs and being rich isn't a very long lasting legacy. Maybe it's fighting with a plucky team to create an amazing story of progression that makes the rest of Europe sit up and wonder that would leave the legacy.

tl;dr no one is going to remember the 2nd choice centre back at atletico madrid, or the 2nd choice midfielder at liverpool or the 2nd or 3rd choice centre back of liverpool when they look back at this era and the stand out players and performances. They will probably remember the world beating (relative to what is expected of us) Southampton squad under Ronald Koeman though. Much like Blackburn and their squad is remembered.

Why are you worried?

Most seem to rate him as one of the best young players in Holland, plays for their national team, why not be excited by the prospect of him joining us. If he was playing to the equivalant standard, but in the Prem, he wouldn't be coming to us.

Maybe 'worried' wasn't the right word. I'm excited by the prospect of him joining (sounds like it's pretty much a done deal if Morgan goes).

Pelle and Tadic were both from the dutch league, we all know it's weak but he's also played for Holland and in Europe, he's 23 so plenty of time to improve, been linked with other clubs as well.

Not necessarily a World Beater but I'd trust Koeman and the Scouting team's judgement, plus we all know that Ajax/Feyenoord/PSV academy teams produce very technical and clever players

Just hope we put the cash up, if the £5 million over it true that seems a bit low for a Dutch international. If we can get him for £12 million and sell Morgan for £30 million it'll have been a good deal all round.

Cazorlla hasn't done too badly, and he's the height of a little kid!

Yep, but he plays further up the pitch, and is skilful. Clasie, unless I've not seen enough of him, is different. Mane is small but he is quick and skilful too. The Premier League is a place for big boys in the middle of the park. Clasie is 5'6". If I look through the teams in the top half of the table none of them have a true central / defensive midfielder who is first choice and anywhere near that small?

Just a concern really - I don't know much about him but when you see Davis struggle playing further back you realise how much of a 'presence' you need in the centre of the park in this league.

Yep, but he plays further up the pitch, and is skilful. Clasie, unless I've not seen enough of him, is different. Mane is small but he is quick and skilful too. The Premier League is a place for big boys in the middle of the park. Clasie is 5'6". If I look through the teams in the top half of the table none of them have a true central / defensive midfielder who is first choice and anywhere near that small?

Just a concern really - I don't know much about him but when you see Davis struggle playing further back you realise how much of a 'presence' you need in the centre of the park in this league.

To be fair, for the last 5/6 months Cazorla has played in CM alongside Couqlain, with Ozil, Ramsey and Sanchez further forward in front of them.

To be fair, for the last 5/6 months Cazorla has played in CM alongside Couqlain, with Ozil, Ramsey and Sanchez further forward in front of them.

Point accepted but is Clasie the same sort of player as Cazorla? If so no worries. But that isn't a Schneiderlin replacement, it's a completely different type of player altogether which brings other issues. Ever since we haven't been able to play two of Cork, Wanyama, or Schneiderlin together the team doesn't look as good in my opinion (with the odd exception of course).

Point accepted but is Clasie the same sort of player as Cazorla? If so no worries. But that isn't a Schneiderlin replacement' date=' it's a completely different type of player altogether which brings other issues. Ever since we haven't been able to play two of Cork, Wanyama, or Schneiderlin together the team doesn't look as good in my opinion (with the odd exception of course).[/quote']

Can't disagree, if only we had Corky still on our books, would have saved us £12m, and would have probably finished 5th.

Point accepted but is Clasie the same sort of player as Cazorla? If so no worries. But that isn't a Schneiderlin replacement' date=' it's a completely different type of player altogether which brings other issues. Ever since we haven't been able to play two of Cork, Wanyama, or Schneiderlin together the team doesn't look as good in my opinion (with the odd exception of course).[/quote']

We'll just have to wait and see, we're obviously determined to sign Clasie so whatever any of us may think is of little import.

Ridiculous offer though if we really only bid 5 million.

I worry he looks a little undersized for the centre of the park in the Premier League.

Different times perhaps but Billy Bremner and Johnny Giles were both shortarses and dominated centre midfield at a time where anything went on without a red card...

Different times perhaps but Billy Bremner and Johnny Giles were both shortarses and dominated centre midfield at a time where anything went on without a red card...

Clasie gets a lot of cards actually, whether that's due to the severity of dutch refereeing or his playing traits I wouldn't know. Perhaps one of our dutch friends could comment on that.

Clasie gets a lot of cards actually, whether that's due to the severity of dutch refereeing or his playing traits I wouldn't know. Perhaps one of our dutch friends could comment on that.

I remember them saying that Clasie was a bit lightweight and might struggle with the physical side of the english game. That was last summer, though.

That was just sublime from Morgan! Hopefully Les Reed will get him to sign a new long term deal. That would be a phenomenal sign of intent.

Not going to happen I am afraid, he wants to go. One thing is for sure, we will get top dollar for him.

Not going to happen I am afraid, he wants to go. One thing is for sure, we will get top dollar for him.

we certainly would this year, although has a contract until 2017...but then he'll be a year older, and his value will have dropped a bit, anyway.

If nothing else his quality says he's CL material, and IMHO he deserves it. I'd be disappointed, but not overly surprised if he does go this summer.

May have already been posted but... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHN0C7AkRYU

Some chap on the comments likening him to foreign Tom Cleverley.

Not sure I agree with the comments about his size. He'd be playing next to Wanyama, plus we have used Reed to decent effect in that postion this season. If he's good enough his height becomes somewhat irrelevant.

We'll just have to wait and see, we're obviously determined to sign Clasie so whatever any of us may think is of little import.

Ridiculous offer though if we really only bid 5 million.

This is what everyone seems so worried about WC, they all think signing Clasie would make him a little import. That is the problem, you see ...

The Classie situation basically mirrors Morgan's. Both very good players who are key to their club. Both sets of fans seem to have resigned themselves to losing said player this summer and will, on the whole, wish them well due to the loyalty they have shown over the last few years.

No secret Koeman likes Classie and has probably "tapped" him up (along with Vilhena which is reportedly a done deal barring I's and T's). FWIW, I've seen JC play a few times and he's decent, tough tackling, works hard - bit like a slightly taller/older Harrion Reed but better on the ball. However, he's no Morgan, sadly, who's on a different level.

Nah - Boruc is better than Federici and will start as number one I would imagine.

Maybe, but they gave Federici a 3 year deal (Boruc 1) and the article the other day said he only wanted to leave Reading if he would be first choice somewhere.

We will see, but already they have decent depth, both better than anyone we have fit at the moment, although of course we will be bringing at least one GK in so that should change.

Someone telly Harry Reed the bad news