Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

I guess I must've missed his sub three minute hattrick

2 of which were open goals....

Austin is a better central forward than we have at the club. A forward 3 of him, Mane and Jrod would be a huge improvement on this year's[/quote

Rodriguez was better then him, who knows what he's like now. Austin would be a quality signing though, he'd be my number 1 priority for the summer but Mane's a better finisher and on a different level to Austin, he's fuking immense

2 of which were open goals....

Austin is a better central forward than we have at the club. A forward 3 of him, Mane and Jrod would be a huge improvement on this year's

You are basically saying Austin would be a huge improvement on Pelle.

I would say they are of similar level.

Some journo who apparently has his ear to the ground, just said on the press pass radio show that saints are firmly the front runner to sign Austin and he wants to come to us. Newcastle has registered their interest too

Err, not that obviously.

18 in 35 in comparison to Pelle's 12 in 38. Austin in an absolutely dreadful team where chances are much more limited in comparison to Pelle who gets multiple opportunities per game. Also 4 years younger and over double the assists, it's pretty obvious.

Fresh quotes -

Jordy Clasie on departure "I will not just leave Feyenoord, but it is possible. I'll see what's going to happen in the summer. "

Feyenoord lost their play off game, so no European Football for them next season.

18 in 35 in comparison to Pelle's 12 in 38. Austin in an absolutely dreadful team where chances are much more limited in comparison to Pelle who gets multiple opportunities per game. Also 4 years younger and over double the assists, it's pretty obvious.

I think he would be a very good signing if we can get him in for £10m.

I'd expect Pelle to push him hard for his place. Austin's had a great season, but Graziano might rise to the challenge.

Reports Pelle may be off to AC Milan or Fiorentina...thoughts?

I like him and he has done well in his first season,however I wouldn't be crying if we sold him

If we sign Austin for £10million and sell Pelle for the same/more than we paid for him then it's a fantastic bit of business.

Reports Pelle may be off to AC Milan or Fiorentina...thoughts?

I like him and he has done well in his first season,however I wouldn't be crying if we sold him

I'd take it, Pelle has done okay but not really uprooted any trees. If we sold him and brought in Austin plus one (some random guy from Europe I've never heard of probably) that would be a decent bit of business.

I'd take it, Pelle has done okay but not really uprooted any trees. If we sold him and brought in Austin plus one (some random guy from Europe I've never heard of probably) that would be a decent bit of business.

Why get rid of a proven double figures striker for "a random guy from Europe"? Why do we have to replace Pelle rather than just add someone to compete with him?

If Pelle didnt uproot any trees then Long didn't even grip the tree apart from in about 3 or 4 games.

Why get rid of a proven double figures striker for "a random guy from Europe"? Why do we have to replace Pelle rather than just add someone to compete with him?

Because the club have repeatedly said they want to live within their means, and realistically if we can get our money back or make a profit on a 29 year old player and get someone in who we believe will perform as well as or better than him, then that's what we're going to do.

Because the club have repeatedly said they want to live within their means, and realistically if we can get our money back or make a profit on a 29 year old player and get someone in who we believe will perform as well as or better than him, then that's what we're going to do.

But we have been a striker light all season, so selling the best one would be a little odd IMO.

No chance we could sell Pelle for more than it would cost to get Austin anyway.

But we have been a striker light all season, so selling the best one would be a little odd IMO.

No chance we could sell Pelle for more than it would cost to get Austin anyway.

Yeah, he's 30 in July. No chance we get 10m for him. If the Italian clubs want an Italian striker, we do have one available for sale though.

I'll always be grateful for Pelles goals and performances this season and for steadying the ship after all the departures , however if we want to continue to move forward we need to get rid . Personally , I don't think he's got enough movement , particularly down the channels . I think we'd get more out of Mane with more movement and switching of positions like we did last year . Pelle just plays stright down the middle . In not saying Austin is the answer as I'm not convinced by him . Maybe a loan move for that Wilson at Utd or Bamford if Boro don't go up . But I don't want JRod and Mane having to play down the flanks because Pelle is incapable of moving from the middle third . We need 3 up top , who can switch around and interchange whilst moving the centre halves about . I hate to say it but the way we played up front last year is the way to go. Although Lambert is as immobile as pelle , he used to drift out wide, pick passes and find space , pelle is like something out of the 1980's

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

If Pelle didnt uproot any trees then Long didn't even grip the tree apart from in about 3 or 4 games.

I'd get rid of Long definitely but I'm not sure anyone will take him. Maybe one of the promoted teams will take a punt on him but he isn't good enough for wear we're aiming.

Ultimately, scoring goals has been our weakness in the second half of the season. I'm not saying get any random guy from Europe in, I'm saying that's probably what we will get. I don't mean that in a derogatory way, the club have a far better knowledge of the players available than the armchair experts on a chat forum.

Pelle is an easy target but has done well in his first season in a tough league, scoring a lot more goals in a season than Long ever has in his PL career.

He plays through knocks, takes the responsibility of being the main goalscorer and has scored vital goals for us this season, yet is patronised and suggested as the first man to ship out.

Long cost more, scored less, played less, had far less of an impact, doesn't score in big games, doesn't take responsibility to be a big source of goals etc and yet people like him a lot.

Unfair world and I assume you are the guys who always sing the Pelle song at SMS and were raving about him to your mates in November.

Pelle will be more than useful next season, and hopefully will have some proper competition, unlike this season.

Show the guy a bit of respect.

Long gives us a lot of freekicks, corners and throw ins, I would love to know how many freekicks, corners, penalties or throw in's he accrues in a season compared to other players.

I really think he is a moneyball player and every now and again he scores but his asset is to provide more opportunities for other players to score via his movement/pressing.

Long gives us a lot of freekicks, corners and throw ins, I would love to know how many freekicks, corners, penalties or throw in's he accrues in a season compared to other players.

I really think he is a moneyball player and every now and again he scores but his asset is to provide more opportunities for other players to score via his movement/pressing.

What is a moneyball player?

For anyone who wishes/cares to know/thinks it's relevant, Pelle has scored a (Prem) goal every 273 minutes, compared to Austin's rate of a goal every 170 minutes.

To put that into a more understandable concept, Pelle has scored one goal every three league games, Austin one goal in every two (well, just under).

Edited by Donatello

I think we need to work towards a front 3 of Rodriguez/Austin/Mane personally.

The prospect off those three on top form makes me tingle a little bit.

I must admit I've not watched enough of Austin over 90 minutes to judge how he'd work in our team. We'd have been marooned without Pelle's hold-up play on several occasions this season - how do we do that with Austin alone up top? Could he and Pelle play together?

Pelle is an easy target but has done well in his first season in a tough league, scoring a lot more goals in a season than Long ever has in his PL career.

He plays through knocks, takes the responsibility of being the main goalscorer and has scored vital goals for us this season, yet is patronised and suggested as the first man to ship out.

Long cost more, scored less, played less, had far less of an impact, doesn't score in big games, doesn't take responsibility to be a big source of goals etc and yet people like him a lot.

Unfair world and I assume you are the guys who always sing the Pelle song at SMS and were raving about him to your mates in November.

Pelle will be more than useful next season, and hopefully will have some proper competition, unlike this season.

Show the guy a bit of respect.

This is spot on, too. He's had a good season and would have had an unbelievable one with a bit more composure/luck in front of goal.

Edited by DuncanRG

Can't rule anything out but I'd be very surprised if he went there.

I'd go along with St Charlie unfortunately. If Arsenal's interest drops off then I suspect spurs may be his preferred option if he wants to move to London, and he enjoyed playing for Poch.

Personaly I hope we struck an agreement to sell him to a Champions League club, which might give Reid a justification in not selling to yids or even Liverpool who have appear to have publicly acknowledged another rebuilding job is required. May be surprised but I can't see CHelsea, or Man City coming in for him.

This sounds to me as if Madrid will now need Toby.

MIRANDA SET FOR EXIT

Atletico Madrid defender Miranda is set to leave the club this summer, according to AS.

Byram and Van Dyke it is then.

They have Walker, Dier and Yedlin. They're really overloading on right backs if that is true.

Hasn't Walker been injured most of the season ? Dier I thought was more a CB although has played RB, and Yedlin is an unknown quantity in the Premiership. I don't like spurs, but IF they go for Trippier then credit to them for stockpiling their squad with another Europa League distraction next season ahead.

It's just stroppy Poch making sure we don't get him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he was on our wishlist I suspect we'd move quickly knowing there was other interest in him.

Just hope the Clyne issue is resolved swiftly. Toby's situation I suspect may drag through the summer, and its still out of our hands.

I think things will become clearer after next Saturday. Who stays and who goes may well be effected by us either playing European football or not. Europa football might be a bit of a nightmare for the managers of those clubs in the competition but i bet the players would rather be in that competition than nothing....otherwise whats the point?

alright, i really think austin would be good if we could get him cheaply. However, Newcastle really moving in on him as well, can't see why you'd move there over saints.

I am into the Eredivisie, some exiting teams and great fans especially Ajax ultra's. I think mattias johansson the RB could come good and he would also be about 4mi from AZ Alkmaar

alright, i really think austin would be good if we could get him cheaply. However, Newcastle really moving in on him as well, can't see why you'd move there over saints.

I am into the Eredivisie, some exiting teams and great fans especially Ajax ultra's. I think mattias johansson the RB could come good and he would also be about 4mi from AZ Alkmaar

What's Davvy Klassen like? Saw us linked on a random football rumours forum, no substance to it what so ever other than the fact he's dutch, players in holland and is an AMC.