Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

So what do we think - a Morgan replacement? A belated Cork replacement? Replacing no-one - just a good player? No chance that we sign Vilhena and / or Clasie now?

I remember in January Koeman implyed that if we lost cork, we would need to go and get a replacement midfielder - well, that never happened, so I guess that's still on the agenda with or without Morgan.

And I believe Vilhena is more of an attacking style midfielder.

Get Osvaldo and Gaston wages gone, plus Morgan that's probably 150k a week spare.

Plus I reckon we'll get maybe £6-8 million for Gaston from someone in Italy.

A couple of million max. if we get anywhere near 8 million I'll personally pay for his replacement.

Really hope we can tie up the transfer of clasie and not lose out on this one, i actually think he could end up as a upgrade to morgan . Clasie in my opinion is a much more creative defensive midfielder with a eye for clever through balls and long range passes that could add more creativity to a already solid team

Call me an idiot, but I would go & sign Joey Barton on a free. Particularly if Morgan leaves.

Maybe mad, but I think he would thrive in our squad.

I wouldn't want the weasel anywhere near our club even if he was Zidane good, he is a horrible, odius little man and his sudo intellectual twitter bollix just makes him even more annoying.

Call me an idiot, but I would go & sign Joey Barton on a free. Particularly if Morgan leaves.

Maybe mad, but I think he would thrive in our squad.

Joey Barton and Wanyama would be the most chalk and cheese midfielder partnership in the history of the universe

I wouldn't want the weasel anywhere near our club even if he was Zidane good, he is a horrible, odius little man and his sudo intellectual twitter bollix just makes him even more annoying.

Agree with you partly. Never seen him post intellectual analysis of a niche computer OS though...

Superb.

hey I make no pretence at being able to spell and certainly don't think regurgitating Wikipedia quotes to thousands of fellow simpletons on twitter would make me some sort of lost genius. I am the pot calling the kettle a fancy pot.

Complaining about someone pretending to be intellectual and spelling pseudo incorrectly is possibly the cleverest joke I've ever seen. Well done.

More of Idrissa Gueye

@GFN_France Get French Football According to Eurosport FR, Southampton's deal for Gueye more likely to be for €6m plus bonuses rather than the €10m suggested yesterday.

Looks like a fairly small initial outlay. Be interested to hear if he has done well in the French league or not as this looks like it may happen. Also is this Morgan's replacement or a sign that we may have cooled interest in Vilhena.

More of Idrissa Gueye

Looks like a fairly small initial outlay. Be interested to hear if he has done well in the French league or not as this looks like it may happen. Also is this Morgan's replacement or a sign that we may have cooled interest in Vilhena.

But would he qualify for a work permit if the rules have changed (or been applied)? He's played for Senegal to be sure but whether he's a 70% man I'm not so sure.

More of Idrissa Gueye

Cheers for that. Sounds like he wasnt a regular for Lille til earlier this season but did well of late.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2015/03/17/idrissa-gueye-the-beating-heart-of-lilles-push-up-the-ligue-1-table/

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/05/15/idrissa-gueye-the-driving-force-behind-lilles-charge-towards-europe/

Appears to be more of a defensive player than a creator, so different to Vilhena perhaps in that regard.

Edited by Saint Charlie

But would he qualify for a work permit if the rules have changed (or been applied)? He's played for Senegal to be sure but whether he's a 70% man I'm not so sure.

I forget if its 70% of competitive international games or all international games, but according to http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/idrissa-gueye/nationalmannschaft/spieler/126665 he's only missed 3 games since February 2012.

I forget if its 70% of competitive international games or all international games, but according to http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/idrissa-gueye/nationalmannschaft/spieler/126665 he's only missed 3 games since February 2012.

The new system is dependent on a nation's FIFA ranking average over a period of time. Senegal is currently 36. I assume, but am not certain, that their ranking over the relevant period of time is between 31 and 50 which means to get a work permit he has to have played in 75 percent of the competitive matches in the past two years. According to the transfermarkt link you provided he played in 13 out of 14 so he can automatically get a work permit.

Cheers for that. Sounds like he wasnt a regular for Lille til earlier this season but did well of late.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2015/03/17/idrissa-gueye-the-beating-heart-of-lilles-push-up-the-ligue-1-table/

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/05/15/idrissa-gueye-the-driving-force-behind-lilles-charge-towards-europe/

Appears to be more of a defensive player than a creator, so different to Vilhena perhaps in that regard.

This chap looks like a good option to have in the middle, adding to Wanyama, Clasie (?) and Reed. Assuming Morgan leaves that is if course.

I pooh poohed someone's suggestion of Moussa Sissoko ..... but if we are looking at this guy, is he any better than Sissoko even?

Well for starters I think sissoko would flourish in our set up. Secondly, I've actually never seen this guy play.