Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France

Marseille have entered the race to sign Lille midfielder Idrissa Gueye, who has an offer from Southampton, according to France Football.

Marseille could only finance deal in the event of Giannelli Imbula sale. Southampton waiting for Schneiderlin exit to commit to €10m deal.

Arsenal also interested in Idrissa Gueye, but only as a fallback option, according to France Football.

"@MaxBentley1: Southampton compete the signing of striker Juanmi from Malaga. #Saints also eyeing up Marseille's Gianelli Imbula should Schneiderlin leave"

Haven't heard of him, anyone got any Ligue 1 knowledge?

Window Cleaner will probably be along soon to tell us he's not very good.

"@MaxBentley1: Southampton compete the signing of striker Juanmi from Malaga. #Saints also eyeing up Marseille's Gianelli Imbula should Schneiderlin leave"

Haven't heard of him, anyone got any Ligue 1 knowledge?

Few scout reports on him....

http://news.bwin.com/en/football-betting/premier-league/scout-report-marseilles-chelsea-target-gilbert-gianelli-imbula,46859.html

http://www.squawka.com/news/chelsea-linked-with-new-makelele-do-the-stats-stand-up/24867

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/10/19/scout-report-gianelli-imbula-marseille-and-frances-young-midfielder/

Imbula would be a very good signing but he seems expensive, very good at retrieving the ball and playing it out of the defense, a bit like Morgan. Imbula however is not as good as Morgan with his long range passing.

Krychowiak too is expensive and would prefer him to Imbula. He was available for peanut (5-6m euros) at the of last season while playing for Reims. Pity we didn t come in for him at that time. Paying 22m euros for him now feels like we are being raped

Imbula would be a very good signing but he seems expensive, very good at retrieving the ball and playing it out of the defense, a bit like Morgan. Imbula however is not as good as Morgan with his long range passing.

Krychowiak too is expensive and would prefer him to Imbula. He was available for peanut (5-6m euros) at the of last season while playing for Reims. Pity we didn t come in for him at that time. Paying 22m euros for him now feels like we are being raped

£16m for a top Central Midfielder would still be reasonable, can't always get absolute bargains.

N'Zonzi tells Stoke he won't sign a new deal. Only has a year left and they will sell for probably £8m. Has been their POTS last two years.

I'm assuming, if he won't sign a contract with Stoke, he is looking to move a bit further up the food chain than little old Southampton probably feels he is ready to play for Liverpool or spuds.

Didn't Imbula sign for Valencia already ?

Marseille have entered the race to sign Lille midfielder Idrissa Gueye, who has an offer from Southampton, according to France Football.

Marseille could only finance deal in the event of Giannelli Imbula sale. Southampton waiting for Schneiderlin exit to commit to €10m deal.

Arsenal also interested in Idrissa Gueye, but only as a fallback option, according to France Football.

On SSN Transfer Centre (apols if elsewhere)

SAINTS AGREE DEAL FOR GUEYE - REPORT

Southampton reportedly have deal in place to sign Lille midfielder Idrissa Gueye, according to France Football.

Reports suggest Arsenal and Marseille are both interested in the 25-year-old but France Football claim Southampton have a £7m deal in place and will announce it once Morgan Schneiderlin departs.

On SSN Transfer Centre (apols if elsewhere)

SAINTS AGREE DEAL FOR GUEYE - REPORT

Southampton reportedly have deal in place to sign Lille midfielder Idrissa Gueye, according to France Football.

Reports suggest Arsenal and Marseille are both interested in the 25-year-old but France Football claim Southampton have a £7m deal in place and will announce it once Morgan Schneiderlin departs.

http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Gueye-entre-l-om-et-southampton/567179

Not really a regular scorer, though last year was his best with 4 league goals, all of which he seemed to get by either driving into the box from midfield, or arriving on the edge of the area as the cross comes in. No idea if he's the one to do it, but would be nice to have a central midfielder capable of scoring those kind of goals.

Jose (Pepe) Reina?

REINA WANTS OUT?

Pepe Reina has hinted he could be on his way out of Bayern Munich this summer after revealing his desire for more first-team football next term.

The 32-year-old played second fiddle to Manuel Neuer, managing only three appearances in 2014-15, and he will face further competition for places after Bayern snapped up Sven Ulreich from Stuttgart on Tuesday.

And now Reina has placed doubt over his future at the Bundesliga giants after admitting he wants to play more next term.

He told Marca Plus: “It’s been a harder year than I expected. You can accept being understudy in the national team, but it’s more difficult to accept it at a big club.

“I hoped to play more, but I haven’t felt deceived because I knew what I was letting myself in for. I have a contract with Bayern, although the plan is to play more football next season.”

Jose (Pepe) Reina?

REINA WANTS OUT?

Pepe Reina has hinted he could be on his way out of Bayern Munich this summer after revealing his desire for more first-team football next term.

The 32-year-old played second fiddle to Manuel Neuer, managing only three appearances in 2014-15, and he will face further competition for places after Bayern snapped up Sven Ulreich from Stuttgart on Tuesday.

And now Reina has placed doubt over his future at the Bundesliga giants after admitting he wants to play more next term.

He told Marca Plus: “It’s been a harder year than I expected. You can accept being understudy in the national team, but it’s more difficult to accept it at a big club.

“I hoped to play more, but I haven’t felt deceived because I knew what I was letting myself in for. I have a contract with Bayern, although the plan is to play more football next season.”

Can only assume his wages are ridiculous.

Jose (Pepe) Reina?

REINA WANTS OUT?

Would be great, but surely at the unbelievable end of unlikely

Mail claiming we're sticking to our £15m valuation of Clyne, and would spend £6m of that on Charlton defender (not midfielder) Joe Gomez (also a target for Liverpool):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3128301/Southampton-stand-firm-15m-Nathaniel-Clyne-price-beat-Stoke-signing-Sporting-Lisbon-defender-Cedric-Soares.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So charge Liverpool more for Clyne so we can beat them to a signing they also want to make. I know they're stupid, but lets see how stupid Liverpool really are.

Mail claiming we're sticking to our £15m valuation of Clyne, and would spend £6m of that on Charlton defender (not midfielder) Joe Gomez (also a target for Liverpool):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3128301/Southampton-stand-firm-15m-Nathaniel-Clyne-price-beat-Stoke-signing-Sporting-Lisbon-defender-Cedric-Soares.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So charge Liverpool more for Clyne so we can beat them to a signing they also want to make. I know they're stupid, but lets see how stupid Liverpool really are.

Not sure if trolling? But do you really think we need to sell clyne for £15m to afford a £6m rated championship player? If you think our budget for the summer started and ended with the £5m juanmi deal then I am slightly alarmed :D

Not sure if trolling? But do you really think we need to sell clyne for £15m to afford a £6m rated championship player? If you think our budget for the summer started and ended with the £5m juanmi deal then I am slightly alarmed :D
That's not what he's actually saying though.

Perhaps Saints would make Liverpool dropping out of the race for Gomez a condition of any deal for Clyne?

Would then leave Saints with two right backs in their squad... Cedric Soares as first choice and Joe Gomez as his understudy.

Gomez is mainly played as a centre back though isn't he? Could be a great signing if we have an understudy to right back and centre back. Being looked at by some top teams though so be surprised if it happens.

Gomez is mainly played as a centre back though isn't he? Could be a great signing if we have an understudy to right back and centre back. Being looked at by some top teams though so be surprised if it happens.

Hopefully be good as Phil Jones in that same role one day.

Joe is a centre back not a full back. His younger brother is at school with my eldest. Nice down to earth kid, been with Charlton for years.

Get some inside info and become "ITK" :nod:

Just texted his dad to tell him forget about Liverpool. If he comes to us he'll probably end up there eventually anyway!

Besides I'd imagine he could learn more from Koeman, one of the best attacking CBs ever, than Rogers.

Just texted his dad to tell him forget about Liverpool. If he comes to us he'll probably end up there eventually anyway!

Besides I'd imagine he could learn more from Koeman, one of the best attacking CBs ever, than Rogers.

To be fair he would probably learn more from Ted Rodgers than Brendon Rodgers ☺

Nice one! :lol:

Jose (Pepe) Reina?

REINA WANTS OUT?

Can't imagine our transfer policy includes looking at anyone over 30 (unless it's a free or a loan).

Reina is way past his best now IMO. Been a bit hit and miss since his shockingly quick decline for Liverpool. Would be decent back up but he wants first team football, so not sure he'd want to come here knowing when Fraser returns he'd likely be our no.2.

'Keepers would probably be an exception to that rule' date=' seeing as many of them play until their late 30s.[/b']

Not that I think we're interested in Reina.

was just about to write the same thing..

.....Chelsea would never have considered letting Cech go if they hadn't had such an excellent replacement......good goalies with international experience are at a premium.

Bit concerned by the lack of quality / numbers of centre backs we're being linked with. I know we want Alderweireld but Fonte, Gardos, and Yoshida are our only senior central defenders at the moment and that doesn't feel good enough for the number of games or part of the table we want to consistently be in.

Bit concerned by the lack of quality / numbers of centre backs we're being linked with. I know we want Alderweireld but Fonte' date=' Gardos, and Yoshida are our only senior central defenders at the moment and that doesn't feel good enough for the number of games or part of the table we want to consistently be in.[/quote']

At the moment Saints have no need to get close to signing another centre back until Alderweireld's future has been determined. If he doesn't end up signing for us the club will move onto the alternatives.

At the moment Saints have no need to get close to signing another centre back until Alderweireld's future has been determined. If he doesn't end up signing for us the club will move onto the alternatives.

I'm not advocating signing a centre-back, but the media haven't been linking us with too many considering two clubs bigger and better than us are also reported to be interested in Alderweireld.

Schneiderlin and Clyne are still our players and yet we've been linked with plenty of central midfielders and right-backs, but hardly any centre-backs despite Toby not even being our player. Seems strange to me.

I'm sure we have alternatives lined up in case Toby doesn't sign. It would be foolish to wait until his future is decided before we do anything, especially as that could rumble on for a while.

There's quite a lot of buzz on Twitter that we have agreed a deal for Idrissa gueye,

Kind of hoping this one isn't true, have my heart set on jordie clasie think he's fantastic

Yeah, the Clasie talk seems to have died down. The Dutch media seem to be pretty quiet on this.

Last I saw, Roma were interested.