Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Think that Sky report is pretty much confirming what @GFN_France tweeted a couple of weeks ago:

Get French Football, citing a journalist from Le Parisien, said that Marseille looked to be beating West Ham to the signing and that Gueye had fallen down Southampton's list of DM targets.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/marseille-closing-in-on-idrissa-gueye-deal/

Get French Football, citing a journalist from Le Parisien, said that Marseille looked to be beating West Ham to the signing and that Gueye had fallen down Southampton's list of DM targets.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/marseille-closing-in-on-idrissa-gueye-deal/

Well found mate. Could be 2 of our rumoured targets off our list in 1 day then! - The search continues...

Glenn Murray for £5m ? Would be a good Pelle deputy. Lead the line.

PAIR CHASE MURRAY

Bournemouth and Norwich both want Crystal Palace striker Glenn Murray to spearhead their attacks in the Premier League next season according to the Daily Mirror.

Alan Pardew is understood to value Murray, who scored scored seven goals in 17 appearances in the Premier League last season, at around £5million,

Glenn Murray for £5m ? Would be a good Pelle deputy. Lead the line.

PAIR CHASE MURRAY

Bournemouth and Norwich both want Crystal Palace striker Glenn Murray to spearhead their attacks in the Premier League next season according to the Daily Mirror.

Alan Pardew is understood to value Murray, who scored scored seven goals in 17 appearances in the Premier League last season, at around £5million,

No.

as I said yesterday Gueye probably is about Jack Cork level, might have been a target as a number 3 DM but not much more.

Perhaps we'll get that Polish bloke.

as I said yesterday Gueye probably is about Jack Cork level, might have been a target as a number 3 DM but not much more.

Perhaps we'll get that Polish bloke.

It's quite hard to keep up with all the defensive midfielder's we've been linked with this summer:

Jordy Clasie / N'golo Kante / Idrissa Gueye / Alex Song / Grzegorz Krychowiak / Sven Bender / Gianelli Imbula / Marco Benassi / Yohan Cabaye

Pretty good list! - We might as well just go crazy & bid for Carvalho as well.

We knew Morgan was going. We should have tried harder to keep him. In my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair to him, he didn't want to stick around just ''in case'' we lose Morgan and Wanyama, which neither is totally 100% guaranteed. The lad wanted to play football every week, he wasn't going to get that here last season.

We did offer him a deal, but he wanted to go. First team football - right now - is what he wanted. We critisie players for picking up pay and sitting on the bench, but to his credit he apparently took a lower deal wage wise, to get himself first team football.

No one did anything wrong, it's what happens in a situation where you are so well stocked in a particular area. Cech at Chelsea is an example, you could use the argument...''well, we need to keep him just IN CASE courtois gets injured, or sold'' - but loyal players deserve better than that, in my opinion.

We knew Morgan was going. We should have tried harder to keep him. In my opinion.

I liked Jack Cork as a person and glad he played for us, but to think he could have just stepped into MS's shoes is a bit wishful thinking. Cork was a tidy player, but no world beater. Oakley Mk2.

I liked Jack Cork as a person and glad he played for us, but to think he could have just stepped into MS's shoes is a bit wishful thinking. Cork was a tidy player, but no world beater. Oakley Mk2.

Let's see if we get better. Hope so.

I think a lot of these links will be somewhat agent/media driven, given that the world and it's dog know that we're going to sell morgan and need a top quality replacement.

But he's another top, top player. A really high level.

Cork never said he wanted to be first choice as far as I am aware - he said he wanted to feel more wanted. As in' date=' perhaps not waiting until he had 6 months left on his contract to offer him a new deal.[/quote']

Which translates in layman's terms to wanting to play more, and have more opportunity in the team. That's it.

Which translates in layman's terms to wanting to play more, and have more opportunity in the team. That's it.

He was on course for around the same number of appearances as he managed in his first two seasons in the Premier League. There is no doubt in my mind that the club delaying a decision on whether or not to offer him a new deal played a big part in him wishing to move elsewhere.

He was on course for around the same number of appearances as he managed in his first two seasons in the Premier League. There is no doubt in my mind that the club delaying a decision on whether or not to offer him a new deal played a big part in him wishing to move elsewhere.

And now he has gone.

Jack Cork had a wee next to me in West Quay (urinals, not crossing swords) but didn't wash his hands afterwards - went down slightly in my estimations after that. Still wish he'd stayed though.

congrats on being ITK.

I think a lot of these links will be somewhat agent/media driven, given that the world and it's dog know that we're going to sell morgan and need a top quality replacement.

But he's another top, top player. A really high level.

Yeah it seems most players who aren't being chased by the big 4 are on our list. I expect we will sign a couple of players out of the blue who have never been linked.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Agree with most you say but Jack was a better player for us than Matt Oakley IMO.

John Guidetti is currently a free agent, but getting some interest from Sevilla http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/sevilla/transfer-talk/news/sevilla-target-john-guidetti_231170.html.

Worked with Koeman before at Feyenoord and just won the Under 21 Euro Championship on the 30 June. Worth a punt for this 23 year old Man City reject?

On a free as an extra striking option, yes.

Agree with most you say but Jack was a better player for us than Matt Oakley IMO.

Funny, was about to quote same post but saying Cork no here near as good as Oakley.

Think Cork had great attitude but because of that his ability gets exaggerated.

Not for minute saying he wasn't decent, or that he didn't do well for us, he did but would hope we are aiming for better players now.

John Guidetti is currently a free agent, but getting some interest from Sevilla http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/sevilla/transfer-talk/news/sevilla-target-john-guidetti_231170.html.

Worked with Koeman before at Feyenoord and just won the Under 21 Euro Championship on the 30 June. Worth a punt for this 23 year old Man City reject?

Out of interest how many goals did he score in the u21 euros?

I think it depends who we class as striking options over attacking midfielders\wingers as to whether we'd need him. You could argue that we have the following striking options already

Long

Pelle

JRod

Juanmi

Mane

Gallagher

Mayuka

Not saying that that they're all better than Guidetti though.

Can we aim a bit higher than someone who was a complete flop at Stoke, Burnley and City. Shane Long has already got the 'striker who doesn't score' role tied up. We don't need 2 players with this 'talent'.
You were not at the home game against Villa then? Long is a quality player who can score quality goals but he brings more than just standing in front of the goal having shots.

Can we aim a bit higher than someone who was a complete flop at Stoke, Burnley and City. Shane Long has already got the 'striker who doesn't score' role tied up. We don't need 2 players with this 'talent'.

Think you're over-exaggerating a lot here. He's improved a lot this season and a good, fast, team player to have around. Not worth 12 million by any stretch, but who cares. We've paid it, lets just crack on.

Agreed though, Guidetti isn't the answer. would only take him if he's free and on low wages.

Complete flop? C'mon seriously? He's been at City since he was 16 and loaned out, just like all the youngsters with potential at all big clubs. His short time with Burnley was when he was 18. Stoke again, hardly anytime in the team to shine. He did exceptional at Feyenoord though, 20 in 23 games. Matches Pelle's record and 7 years younger. Also scored 15 in all comps for Celtic. And has a very good U21 record too. Not bad for a player just turned 23. He's clearly got it in him.

I'd like to see him here. Be good to see what Koeman can get from him.

Couldn't see this mentioned anywhere... we've agreed a deal with Feyenoord for Clasie - £10 mill. Source is a friend who has a contact in the club.

That would be a quick use of the Clyne money! How reliable is the source?