Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Keeper is the position that worries me most at the minute and I really hope the club move quickly for a top quality player, we've done well getting some up and coming players in already this window but with Forster out I really think we need a proven option in goal. Ospina is a decent shout he had a good season for Arsenal by all accounts beyond that we need a cntre back which fingers crossed will be Toby but if he doesn't sign I'd hope we will look to bring in someone of real quality to play alongside Fonte.

All gone quiet on the link to the Norwegian, Oyland, from a few weeks ago as well.

Timo Horn from FC Köln as an up and coming young keeper who is good enough for the Prem until Fraser is back and is a great future prospect?

As the new GK will be straight into the first team, I suspect we may seek an experienced one rather than one with 'potential' for the future, so perhaps Heaton remainds a likely contender, which would rule out the Norwegian as well.

I see both Chelsea and Man City are interested in Alex Song. Quality player for £5 million but would he want first team football?

They're only interested because he'll count towards the home-grown quota. That rule has created an utter farce to be honest.

They're only interested because he'll count towards the home-grown quota. That rule has created an utter farce to be honest.

Exactly this. It was put in place to promote clubs bringing through young players, it's just pushed demand and therefore prices up for very average home grown players, and they rarely play, ala Rodwell, Sinclair etc.

John Percy ‏@John__Percy

Stoke hit back at Sevilla by proposing deal for £20m-rated Grzegorz Krychowiak in exchange for Steven Nzonzi #scfc

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/11691797/Stoke-want-20m-rated-Grzegorz-Krychowiak-in-exchange-for-Steven-Nzonzi.html

Interesting. Will be keen to see Sevilla's reply....bit of a laugh.

Interesting. Will be keen to see Sevilla's reply....bit of a laugh.

Think it's more of a cheeky retaliation on Stoke's part for the low offer for N'zonzi. Stoke certainly have an eye for a player with who they've been linked with though. Fair play.

Krychowiak is an interesting one. All the top teams seem to want him, much like they did with Big Vic. Wonder if he's one of those players that's actually gettable.

John Percy ‏@John__Percy

Stoke hit back at Sevilla by proposing deal for £20m-rated Grzegorz Krychowiak in exchange for Steven Nzonzi #scfc

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/11691797/Stoke-want-20m-rated-Grzegorz-Krychowiak-in-exchange-for-Steven-Nzonzi.html

All seems very petty. Stoke do have a bit of a victim mentality.

I'm liking all our rumours today, £18 million for toby, either Clasie or Krychowiak for £10 or near £20 million and Austin at £10 million, add in A GK, plus the two signed, Morgan and Clyne out for £40 million that would be a great window.

Around a £50-60 million spend with £40 million back (maybe a little for Osvaldo or at least clearing his wages, maybe £5-8 million for Gaston) and I think a much stronger squad overall.

New GK.

Cedric Toby Fonte Bertrand

Wanyama Clasie or Krychowiak

Mane Juanmi Jay Rod

Pelle/Austin

Then we'd have the likes of JWP, Targett, Read, Davis, Tadic, Yoshida, Morgan, Long, Gaston for squad options.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/southampton-join-tottenham-in-race-for-13-2m-star-player-wants-en

According to this article, Le Parisien have claimed we are interested in Gianelli Imbula.

He was mentioned a little while ago by @GFN_France actually & seems to be part of the current merry-go-round of European defensive midfielder's.

The short story was Marseille were interested in Idrissa Gueye, who had an offer from us (but only if we sell Morgan).

Marseille could only finanace the move for Idrissa Gueye if they sell Imbula. (Also maybe to us!)

Not too confusing :)

Saints are tracking Italy u'21 Marco Benassi according to La Gazetta Dello Sport. He's a defensive midfielder.

http://m.calciomercato.it/news/337065/calciomercato-inter-su-benassi-c-il-southampton.html

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

From his Wikipedia page…

"A talented defensive midfielder skilled in the tackle and with a good vision of the game."

Sounds a bit like Morgan...

Benassi is quite a talented little player. thought he stood out in the Italy game the other night against Portugla. We'll have a good look at him during the U21 match with England.

I didn't ever think he was gettable though, as isn't he under some sort of co-ownership between Inter and another club? Can't see Inter letting him go.

Benassi is quite a talented little player. thought he stood out in the Italy game the other night against Portugla. We'll have a good look at him during the U21 match with England.

I didn't ever think he was gettable though, as isn't he under some sort of co-ownership between Inter and another club? Can't see Inter letting him go.

Sounds as though once that is sorted (if it is) our bid is waiting on the table.

Interesting that he also made nine appearances in the Europa League for Torino last season...

Swansea offloading Michu for 4 million. Could be quite a bargain if he could produce the form of his first season in the pl.

Flatmate supports Swansea, apparently Michu is a massive fitness issue and on his last legs.

How much FIFA do you play?

Was only wondering as you seem to know something about every footballer ever mentioned on here and have an opinion ready for each of them. I'm assuming you can't watch all of their matches as you spend all of your time on here...

I'm just a walking encyclopedia to be honest. ;)

I dunno, I just read up on a lot of random stuff during my boring days at work (of which there are lots at the mo). And I watch too much football on TV.

S-Clarke is one of the best posters on here.

You can have a broad knowledge of world football without playing FIFA you know...

He's certainly one of the most consistent. It just strikes me as funny that there doesn't seem to be a player in world football that he doesn't have an opinion on, that's all I'm saying!

I'm just a walking encyclopedia to be honest. ;)

I dunno, I just read up on a lot of random stuff during my boring days at work (of which there are lots at the mo). And I watch too much football on TV.

fair enough

Edited by Beckenham Saint
Saw S-Clarke's answer

He's certainly one of the most consistent. It just strikes me as funny that there doesn't seem to be a player in world football that he doesn't have an opinion on, that's all I'm saying!

Haha fair enough!

Fortunately for us, this is a football forum so having an opinion on players is quite handy :)

Was he the one wearing number 10 shirt? He looked very good Some of his passing was superb, esp one 30 yard pass with the outside of his boot which really should have led to an early goal

I see we are also being linked with Giannelli Imbula of Marseilles too (along with Inter, AC, Arsenal & Spurs)

Was he the one wearing number 10 shirt? He looked very good Some of his passing was superb, esp one 30 yard pass with the outside of his boot which really should have led to an early goal

I see we are also being linked with Giannelli Imbula of Marseilles too (along with Inter, AC, Arsenal & Spurs)

No, that was Beradi. Very nice player, Juventus hot shot though.

No, that was Beradi. Very nice player, Juventus hot shot though.

Thanks - I didn't think the name was quite right, but if it had been that player....then what a defensive midfield player he is if he passes like Pirlo. We can still dream I guess? :-)

Thanks - I didn't think the name was quite right, but if it had been that player....then what a defensive midfield player he is if he passes like Pirlo. We can still dream I guess? :-)

Berardi is a striker so if he can pass like that he's going to go far!

I'm interested to know how Song is a 'Home grown' player as apart from the obvious he went through the youth system of Bastia and was sold to Arsenal?

If a transfer occurs after the player has turned 17 it shouldn't count IMO

I'm interested to know how Song is a 'Home grown' player as apart from the obvious he went through the youth system of Bastia and was sold to Arsenal?

If a transfer occurs after the player has turned 17 it shouldn't count IMO

I have listed the home grown players by club in this blog post.

http://redsloscf.blogspot.com/2015/04/greg-dyke-and-his-terrible-horrible-no.html

We need to make this happen, mainly because his real name is Gilbert.

You don't hear of many Gilberts these days. sadly seems to have dropped off the radar.

never get this with some baby names....apparently at one time gilbert was a cute name you'd call your child.

like baby gilbert, or baby kieth. or little baby norman.

Purely for my own hope I have finally found a link to us and Wijnaldum as I think he is quality, unfortunately its just the Mail but I'll take it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3135798/Transfer-News-LIVE-Manchester-United-Arsenal-Chelsea-Liverpool-latest-plus-Premier-League-Europe.html

Dutch article basically saying he hate's Advocaat cos he plays him out of position, Newcastle are too crap for him and he should wait for a good club like Swansea/Everton or Stoke to come in for him :scared:

http://www.dichtbij.nl/eindhoven/sport/artikel/4048865/newcastle-united-is-niet-goed-genoeg-voor-wijnaldum-column.aspx

Maybe I've set my sights too low for an AM who scores goals.

Edited by Convict Colony

Purely for my own hope I have finally found a link to us and Wijnaldum as I think he is quality, unfortunately its just the Mail but I'll take it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3135798/Transfer-News-LIVE-Manchester-United-Arsenal-Chelsea-Liverpool-latest-plus-Premier-League-Europe.html

I'd be very surprised if we don't hold any interest in him.

I'll join you in the hope that is true. Although it's the worlds most tenuous link: "Southampton could also join the race for a player". :)

Watched the Transfer update on SSN last night and apparently he still wants a champions league club.