Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Di Marzio (probably the most reliable football journalist around) confirmed our late bid for Ogbonna.

Pretty dismal allround if he was our second choice. Baptism of fire for Ross Wilson?

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/ogbonna-will-take-his-medical-officially-join-west-ham-in-next-few-hours-despite-southampton-napolis-late-attempts/

Edited by Saint Charlie

Di Marzio (probably the most reliable football journalist around) confirmed our late bid for Ogbonna.

Pretty dismal allround if he was our second choice. Baptism of fire for Ross Wilson?

Can you imagine if he was our 3rd choice? :uhoh:

I'm sure we will bring in a decent defender and the as per usual the club will sort it out.

There's plenty more defenders out there other than Ogbonna and Toby. To be honest, I feel we've dodged a bullet with Ogbonna anyway, he was a bit of a comedy-act at Juve this season.

You'd like to think we wouldn't have to do much looking around and that we'd have a hit-list of defenders.

Will expect a plethora of links with centre-back's in the press now.

You'd like to think we wouldn't have to do much looking around and that we'd have a hit-list of defenders.

Will expect a plethora of links with centre-back's in the press now.

I'd be quite happy with Hector Moreno myself.

I noticed he was ruled out of the Gold Cup with a foot injury.

Not sure how bad it is though.

Just read up on it, minor operation apparently. Doesn't sound serious as the Mexico coach is just saying about ''not risking him straining it''.

He's a beast physically but he doesn't have much else going for him his passing is shocking.

@WhoScored: Angelo Ogbonna: Only 1 player with 50+ apps in the last 3 Serie A seasons had better pass accuracy than @OgbonnaOfficial (90.9%)

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/ogbonna-will-take-his-medical-officially-join-west-ham-in-next-few-hours-despite-southampton-napolis-late-attempts/

Juve forum saying they didn't accept our offer because Wham had already struck a deal for the player and they couldn't pull out (of course, this may just be rehash of other reports).

Correct, Wijnaldum made his debut when Erwin Koeman was the headcoach of Feyenoord. The 15% commission you mentioned will be shared between Feyenoord and Wijnaldum.

Don't they also get a solidarity payment as well so Feyanoord and Wijnaldum will do well out of his next move :D

Don't they also get a solidarity payment as well so Feyanoord and Wijnaldum will do well out of his next move :D

Feyenoord will get another 3% for having educated Wijnaldum, is that what you mean with "solidarity payment"?

Off course Feyenoord is hoping that Wijnaldum is sold to the highest bidder! ;)

However, Wijnaldum is not the type of guy who is only interested in money, he's smart enough to also look for his chances to play and the way his next club wants to play. For that reason I don't get it why he might be interested in Newcastle...

If we got Clasie and Wijinaldum I would have high high hopes for a massive increase in goals from our attacking midfielders (Steve Davis 0, JWP 1 last season).

I know Clasie is a DM but he does assists, farms the ball and retrieve's it well and Georgino is a goal and assist machine as AM for PSV last year.

Edited by Convict Colony

If we got Clasie and Wijinaldum I would have high high hopes for a massive increase in goals from our attacking midfielders (Steve Davis 0, JWP 1 last season).

I know Clasie is a DM but he does assists, farms the ball and retrieve's it well and Georgino is a goal and assist machine as AM for PSV last year.

I haven't seen Wijinaldum play, but what makes him different from Tadic who was also a goal and assist machine in Holland?

I haven't seen Wijinaldum play' date=' but what makes him different from Tadic who was also a goal and assist machine in Holland?[/quote']

I would say pace both his and the speed he plays at, he looks for goals first rather than just looking for assists (I'd back him to get 8 goals a season maybe more), he is a central attacking midfielder so uses the ball to create opportunities by playing off the front/wide men and would replace Davis/JWP, good technical discipline.

He won player of the season for the Eredevisie ahead of 30mil Depay but it is probably easier to watch a bit of the below video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zf11_7IHzA

Edited by Convict Colony

I'm not sure about Wijnaldum and that's not because I'm feeling sour about him leaving Feyenoord for PSV... ;)

Wijnaldum was a key player for PSV this year but he lacks something which I find hard to put the finger on. Scoring in the Eredivisie isn't that difficult when you play in a good team but Wijnaldum missed many opportunities to score. He played more for "Oranje" than Clasie but he added nothing to the team. That could have been due to the instructions of the coach but it looked many times like he didn't know where to go on the pitch. He's definitely a talent but it wouldn't surprise me if he gets problems adjusting to the PL like he had problems when he started for PSV. He left Feyenoord because he saw more possibilities at PSV but although PSV had the better players, Feyenoord was the better team and went ahead of them two years in a row. This year they finally made it to champions but Feyenoord was the better team in both confrontations and Wijnaldum was nowhere to be seen. Wijnaldum was important in the matches against minor clubs but that will be different in the PL where you have to be good each week. Don't know if he's up to that.

I guess Leroy Fer would be a better alternative to play with Clasie, how do you rate him?

I'm not sure about Wijnaldum and that's not because I'm feeling sour about him leaving Feyenoord for PSV... ;)

Wijnaldum was a key player for PSV this year but he lacks something which I find hard to put the finger on. Scoring in the Eredivisie isn't that difficult when you play in a good team but Wijnaldum missed many opportunities to score. He played more for "Oranje" than Clasie but he added nothing to the team. That could have been due to the instructions of the coach but it looked many times like he didn't know where to go on the pitch. He's definitely a talent but it wouldn't surprise me if he gets problems adjusting to the PL like he had problems when he started for PSV. He left Feyenoord because he saw more possibilities at PSV but although PSV had the better players, Feyenoord was the better team and went ahead of them two years in a row. This year they finally made it to champions but Feyenoord was the better team in both confrontations and Wijnaldum was nowhere to be seen. Wijnaldum was important in the matches against minor clubs but that will be different in the PL where you have to be good each week. Don't know if he's up to that.

I guess Leroy Fer would be a better alternative to play with Clasie, how do you rate him?

Not seem much of Fer but just noticed he scores goals for QPR which already is more than Davis or JWP do for us in the same position.

I would suggest a lot of these players are similar but their ability to adapt to the premier league as you suggest the tricky part as we saw with Tadic/Pelle/Djurucic/Elia

Not seem much of Fer but just noticed he scores goals for QPR which already is more than Davis or JWP do for us in the same position.

I would suggest a lot of these players are similar but their ability to adapt to the premier league as you suggest the tricky part as we saw with Tadic/Pelle/Djurucic/Elia

Adapting to the PL instead of "adjusting": I'm learning every day... :D

Wijnaldum is a different type of player off course but I can say that he's not at the same level as Tadic or Pelle was when they moved to Southampton. Djurucic was a great player at Heerenveen when he played in Holland but I don't know what went wrong in recent years. Elia was a big talent years ago when he was also a great winger in Oranje. Sadly he totally f*cked up when he got famous and went crazy with all the money he got. His idiot manager took him to Juventus for the money but it was completely the wrong club for him. I guess that he will never be the star player he could have been...

Edited by van Hanegem

1. We don't need anyone in Wijnaldum's position let along a player for £15m

2. We need to fund a Toby replacement which will cost.

3. We need to replace Morgan which will cost.

4. We have already spent £10m.

5. No chance we are going to be spending £50m this summer which is what signing Wijnaldum would put us up to with the replacements we need.

6. We haven't even been linked with him from any decent source apart from a foreign report that said Southampton instead of Sunderland.

anyone get the feeling our recruitment team aren't quite what they were? Sounds like we've gone a bit amateurish

Thats a bit unfounded. Cedric and Juanmi both look promising.

Wilson is stepping up to the big league though. This isn't Falkirk or Huddersfield and judging by "The March" Less Reed should buy him a couple of new suits.

Thats a bit unfounded. Cedric and Juanmi both look promising.

Wilson is stepping up to the big league though. This isn't Falkirk or Huddersfield and judging by "The March" Less Reed should buy him a couple of new suits.

Yes. And judging by that film we should probably stop going on about the amaaaazing facilities. I'm not sure it's quite the first draw for a player.

You're happy with Davis and JWP as our first choice central attacking midfield options? We weren't painfully short of movement, creativity and goals in that position last season?

You're happy with Davis and JWP as our first choice central attacking midfield options? We weren't painfully short of movement, creativity and goals in that position last season?

Ramirez, Mane, Juanmi and Tadic could all play as a "number 10".

Of course, which is why I only said 'first choice'. However, Ramirez is seemingly out of favour at the club, Tadic was at his most influential playing from wide in the attacking 3 and both Mane and Juanmi are predominantly second strikers (albeit hopefully ones with vision and creativity themselves) rather than players you'd expect to do the fetching and carrying inherent in playing as part of our midfield trio. To put it more clearly, I would be very surprised if any of the players you mentioned displaced Davis or JWP from the midfield, so therefore my question remains - are we happy as those two being our most likely attacking midfield options?

Not saying we are in for him per se, but Ronald has stated that he feels we 'are short' in the number 10 position. From that alone I think we will sign one more attack minded CM.

Sevilla sign N'Zonzni, paving the way for krychowiak to leave perhaps?

I think (and hope) he is our number one choice to replace Morgan.

Personally, I would love it of we signed Krychowiak, Clasie and Wijnaldum; but this highly unlikely unless someone comes in for Gaston.

Oh, and of course we really do need to sign a first 11 CB. Maybe Virgil Van Dijk for our annual 10m purchase from Celtic?

N

I think (and hope) he is our number one choice to replace Morgan.

I'd love to sign Krychowaik - but I cannot see him throwing away CL football for us, he's already on decent enough money. It's probably a non-starter, unless he's not happy and needs to move for personal reasons - but nothing suggests that. But even if that was the case, there would be plenty more suitors.

No he didn't, he said we were short but Juanmi signing fills that gap in the squad.

Any chance you could point out where he says that exactly? I watched the interview you posted yesterday, and all he said (while discussing the addition of Juanmi) was that we need to add more players to the attacking midfield. You could argue that he got his tenses mixed up and meant to say 'we needed to add more players to attacking midfield and now we have', but that isn't what he said.

Moreover, Juanmi has something like 2 assists in three years, so he'd be an odd pick to add creativity behind the striker.

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/p4t8xgkchuunf6nsmdh_rq/Show/Player-Focus-Kongolo-Van-Beek-Pairing-Providing-Solid-Feyenoord-Foundations

After reading this Sven van beek sounds right up our alley

Young improving player, check

Dutch,check

Played under Koeman check

Can also play cb and right back so would be bringing similar qualities to Toby check

Also think he would be affordable and would fit our wage structure.

I'd love to sign Krychowaik - but I cannot see him throwing away CL football for us, he's already on decent enough money. It's probably a non-starter, unless he's not happy and needs to move for personal reasons - but nothing suggests that. But even if that was the case, there would be plenty more suitors.

Toby moved to Spurs partly due to Belgian contingent. Krychowaik would be very much at home living in Southampton :)

Well I certainly hope we're in for Wijinaldum.

I've seen some obligatorily YouTube videos in my time, but none that have given my such a massive erection that I've nearly fallen over like that.

Exactly the type of player we need right now. Gets forward, strong, confident, not afraid to shoot. Davis and Ward-Prowse made me question my morals at times last season.

Well I certainly hope we're in for Wijinaldum.

I've seen some obligatorily YouTube videos in my time, but none that have given my such a massive erection that I've nearly fallen over like that.

Exactly the type of player we need right now. Gets forward, strong, confident, not afraid to shoot. Davis and Ward-Prowse made me question my morals at times last season.

Yet the one poster, who's seen him play regularly and is generally an excellent contributor on here, has expressed some caution. But, hey, what do they know compared to youtube's unrivalled ability to extract to blood from a stone and giddy cheerleaders who've 'watched him on TV fifteen times like' :lol:

Edited by shurlock

TBF he would be what I'd call a luxury signing, not really needed. (similar to any kind of attacking signing) Let's focus on centre back and midfield, get the top, top, top quality we need in those positions. The attack is ok as it is.

TBF he would be what I'd call a luxury signing, not really needed. (similar to any kind of attacking signing) Let's focus on centre back and midfield, get the top, top, top quality we need in those positions. The attack is ok as it is.

That's one of the bonuses we have compared to last season. We basically lost our whole attack last summer - We're much more settled up top this year.

That's one of the bonuses we have compared to last season. We basically lost our whole attack last summer - We're much more settled up top this year.

I know some people will disagree, but I think our attack is quality tbh. One of the most all round attacking units we've had since we've been back in the PL. Mane, Long, Jay, Pelle, Juanmi, Tadic, Hesketh, Isgrove, Gallagher (And then you've got Gaston as well, who I don't know if he will stay around)

There's a bit of everything there. Pace, strength, height, mobility, technique, work-rate.