Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Europa League, not having to live in Wales and the Ronald Koeman factor should hopefully give us the edge.

yeah he has already lived in one 3rd world country why swap it for another.

I think our dutch connection will help significantly with a lot of these players now.

When will Danny Blind come and watch us ?

UltraMegaMeltdown_Banner.png

Can't wait to read some posters reactions on here if we sign the names i have been told. My own opinion is i think they will be good additions.

Hey kbilly was clasie one of the names you were told?

The links today with clasie and van dijk look anything but meltdown.

Maybe a change of plan ?

Was speaking to a Celtic fan I work with and he thinks van dijk wouldn't look out of place in the pl. but he did say that there had been no rumours and that due to them playing cl quals soon that anyone that doesn't want him cup tied needs to get a move on.

Van Dijk got sent off in the Celtics last Euro match against Inter. He's got a suspension to serve.

That article has twisted the Telegraph story it says it is based on. It implies Saints have made a recent bid to scupper the West Ham loan.

West Ham are understood to be close to completing the signing of Carl Jenkinson on a season-long loan from Arsenal. However, the deal was close to falling through due to a late £8m bid from Southampton

Arsenal have rejected an £8million bid from Southampton for right-back Carl Jenkinson, according to The Telegraph.

It is very misleading as this is what is actually said in the Telegraph...

Arsenal have tied the England under-21 international down to a long-term contract after rejecting a £8million bid from Southampton in June.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11736782/Arsenal-transfer-news-Carl-Jenkinson-signs-new-contract-but-rejoins-West-Ham-on-loan.html

The Telegraph article says Saints made an £8m bid for Jenkinson in June, probably before we signed Cedric Soares.

Edited by Matthew Le God

That article has twisted the Telegraph story it says it is based on. It implies Saints have made a recent bid to scupper the West Ham loan.

It is very misleading as this is what is actually said in the Telegraph...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11736782/Arsenal-transfer-news-Carl-Jenkinson-signs-new-contract-but-rejoins-West-Ham-on-loan.html

The Telegraph article says Saints made an £8m bid for Jenkinson in June, probably before we signed Cedric Soares.

Maybe we should have got him on loan for last season as part of the Calum Chambers deal.

I thought tactically he was a tactically a step up from Clyne or Chsmbers when West Ham ground out a result at St Marys after going a man down last season.

Great signing for West Ham even on loan.

Sounds like we went for Cedric Soares as a cheaper alternative as they are the same age. I also read somewhere that Arsenal are paying him £45K a week - if that's true how can we compete with that - £45K a week for a 4th choice right back (after Debuchy, Bellerin and Chambers)!!!

Maybe we will go back in for Sam Byram at Leeds now although he will overpriced as an Englishman. Supposedly we offered £4.5 million in Jsnuary which wasn't enough.

That's if we haven't signed Cuco Martins as the second choice right back - I hope not though.

We still need to replace Cork and Chambers in my opinion and add some strength in depth to the squad though. I'm not really sure why we signed Cuco - a bit like Long last summer - at least he didn't cost us £12 million though.

Maybe we will go back in with another bid for Marco Benassi at Torino once we've signed Clasie - at 6ft he would give us some height we're missing in the middle - and is a defensive midfielder who can also score goals. Supposedly we made a bid for him earlier in the summer.

Maybe we should have got him on loan for last season as part of the Calum Chambers deal.

I thought tactically he was a tactically a step up from Clyne or Chsmbers when West Ham ground out a result at St Marys after going a man down last season.

Great signing for West Ham even on loan.

Sounds like we went for Cedric Soares as a cheaper alternative as they are the same age. I also read somewhere that Arsenal are paying him £45K a week - if that's true how can we compete with that - £45K a week for a 4th choice right back (after Debuchy, Bellerin and Chambers)!!!

Maybe we will go back in for Sam Byram at Leeds now although he will overpriced as an Englishman. Supposedly we offered £4.5 million in Jsnuary which wasn't enough.

That's if we haven't signed Cuco Martins as the second choice right back - I hope not though.

We still need to replace Cork and Chambers in my opinion and add some strength in depth to the squad though. I'm not really sure why we signed Cuco - a bit like Long last summer - at least he didn't cost us £12 million though.

Maybe we will go back in with another bid for Marco Benassi at Torino once we've signed Clasie - at 6ft he would give us some height we're missing in the middle - and is a defensive midfielder who can also score goals. Supposedly we made a bid for him earlier in the summer.

He is the back-up right back. We won't be signing another this summer.

"They have been active in securing Juanmi, Cedric Soares, Cuco Martina and Maarten Stekelenburg for in excess of £10m.

The capture of Clasie will boost that total still further with Saints still in the market for more fresh faces."

Interesting line from the Echo. Suggests we'll bring in more than one new face after Clasie.

"They have been active in securing Juanmi, Cedric Soares, Cuco Martina and Maarten Stekelenburg for in excess of £10m.

The capture of Clasie will boost that total still further with Saints still in the market for more fresh faces."

Interesting line from the Echo. Suggests we'll bring in more than one new face after Clasie.

I doubt they really know what the plans are.

Marco Benassi would be a good signing for us, still think we need a back-up keeper as well!

Doubt if we'll sign any more keepers, we have 4 already, that's already a bit too many to name in a 25 man squad. If Frazer definitely won't be ready before January we'll probably not name him if we have a ful complement of 25 though.

Doubt if we'll sign any more keepers, we have 4 already, that's already a bit too many to name in a 25 man squad. If Frazer definitely won't be ready before January we'll probably not name him if we have a ful complement of 25 though.

The problem is 2 of the 4 are nowhere near premier league quality and 1 is long term injured. Gazza should be loaned out for the season and we should bring in a decent back-up for Stekelenburg (and Fraser next year when Maarten leaves)

I think we should have about 7 keepers, obviously Gazza and Davis aren't up to it because everyone says so, Forster is injured meaning we only have Stekkers available, but what if he was injured? That would leave no keepers available so we have to get another one, but then what if he got injured? Let's get a 6th keeper to make sure, but he might get a life time ban for throwing a bottle near the Chapel so we best get another keeper in, and he has to be better than what we have otherwise what is the point of him?

Marco Benassi would be a good signing for us, still think we need a back-up keeper as well!

Yup, good player and would not be mentally expensive but he is Italian and hence temperamentally suspect ;-0...and he only scored two against England under 21's so cannot be all that as i would have got a hattrick against that pony defence... anyway 26year old Axel Witsel is better. But out of our league. Would cost all the Morgan money but is an upgrade. A MASSIVE AND REAL statement of intent if he joined!!! Dream on Gio..DVD is next best for me but in my fantasy team id buy DVD, AW and Clasie...total outlay c £45M which is morgans £24 plus Clynes £11M plus £10M..plus what we spent on the others...not a mega outlay but massive upgrades...

Crystal Palace are attempting to sign QPR goalkeeper Alex McCarthy, 25, who has a relegation clause of about £3.5m in his contract. (Times)

Sounds like something we should be interested in...

Had the same thought when I saw that earlier, would be a good #2 for Fraser but i'm not sure if he'd be willing to play second fiddle at another club. Would probably want to be first choice.

Crystal Palace are attempting to sign QPR goalkeeper Alex McCarthy, 25, who has a relegation clause of about £3.5m in his contract. (Times)

Sounds like something we should be interested in...[/quote

Not sure we need 5 GK's for the first team squad. Maybe next year when Kelvin retires and Loan one goes back..

Saw some twitter "rumour" earlier that we have been offered Illarramendi for £12m! Probably the ost laughable one I've ever read (but wouldn't mind having my cynicism thrown back at me)

Apparently I suggested him while intoxicated and everyone laughed... But yes. Please. If i have to go and get intoxicated again I will do that, for the team of course.

Apparently I suggested him while intoxicated and everyone laughed... But yes. Please. If i have to go and get intoxicated again I will do that, for the team of course.

I'm gonna say it, I reckon its a good shout, big tall right sided central midfielder with excellent stamina who was quality for Sociedad. He's like a carbon copy of the polish dude but cheaper.

Let me join your band wagon :D

Saw some twitter "rumour" earlier that we have been offered Illarramendi for £12m! Probably the ost laughable one I've ever read (but wouldn't mind having my cynicism thrown back at me)

Liverpool want him, so he's probably our kind've player.

Imagine his wages though. There's a reason we don't sign players from the very top clubs!

I heard Liverpool were after Medel in one rumour! Hope that's true, he's utter gash.

Don't play FM or FIFA whats the guesstimate on his wages ? would of thought he'd be on about 50K as a bench player ?

I'm gonna say it, I reckon its a good shout, big tall right sided central midfielder with excellent stamina who was quality for Sociedad. He's like a carbon copy of the polish dude but cheaper.

Let me join your band wagon :D

That makes 3! We can't all be crazy.