Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

According to Italian media agency Mediaset. Atletico Madrid midfielder Mario Suarez is set to snub Fiorentina and Inter and join Southampton. Seems unlikely considering Clasie's impending transfer and the whole Alderweireld nonsense with Atletico, but it's a link.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/europa/ne-inter-ne-fiorentina-mario-suarez-vicino-al-southampton-704293

translation

Neither Inter nor Fiorentina: Mario Suarez near Southampton

As learned by Mediaset, the future of Mario Suarez could speak English. Atletico Madrid midfielder has been linked before to Inter and then at Fiorentina, but at the moment it would appear much closer to Southampton, who has to spend about 33 million euro came from the sale of Schneiderlin to Manchester United and must strengthen its midfield. The Saints would have it, ready to meet the wage demands of Mario Suarez who therefore should not arrive in Italy.

Edited by Bewildered

According to Italian media agency Mediaset. Atletico Madrid midfielder Mario Suarez is set to snub Fiorentina and Inter and join Southampton. Seems unlikely considering Clasie's impending transfer and the whole Alderweireld nonsense with Atletico, but it's a link.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/europa/ne-inter-ne-fiorentina-mario-suarez-vicino-al-southampton-704293

translation

No, we're signing Illarramendi. There are like 3 people in this boat already. Don't rock it.

translation

Les Reed seemed to suggest things finished reasonably amicably with Atletico and we weren't going to pursue legal action. Maybe this was bubbling away in the background.

translation

That would be a huge coup. Spurs were very interested him as well.

translation

Funnily enough Juanmi has followed Suarez tonight on Instagram and I did wonder...although Suarez has posted a pic just a couple of hours ago with some AM teammates enjoying themselves.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Not sure what that Di Marzio article is saying with regards to Bruno Alves. He's 33 and plays for Fenerbahce, quality defender in his day, but both us and Atletico are probably better than him now. It sounds like there might be some complicated player swap deals trying to be made.

Suarez? That would be impressive, thought he'd be another where the wages are too high. Think we'd have room for him and Clasie, just bad news for Davis and JWP, but we have a lot of games to play.

Possibly, though the transfer fee (reportedly £8m) wouldn't be too high. Would add some decent leadership in such a crucial position.

Suarez would be a stunning steal for Saints, although not our typical signing profile TBF. Starting to get rather excited about some of our new additions - hoping Clasie gets confirmed soon - think he could actually be better for us overall then Morgan (i.e. not saying he's a better player, it's about complimentary attributes). I do wonder whether Ronald is thinking that actually Yoshida and Gardos will do a decent enough job at the back with the new lad providing cover.

Suarez would be a stunning steal for Saints, although not our typical signing profile TBF. Starting to get rather excited about some of our new additions - hoping Clasie gets confirmed soon - think he could actually be better for us overall then Morgan (i.e. not saying he's a better player, it's about complimentary attributes). I do wonder whether Ronald is thinking that actually Yoshida and Gardos will do a decent enough job at the back with the new lad providing cover.

I very much doubt it and I very much hope not.

Might be a rehash

"According to Mediaset Mario Suarez's future could be in England. The Atletico Madrid midfielder has been linked in recent months with Inter and Fiorentina, but now seems closer to Southampton, you may invest a significant amount from the sale of Morgan Schneiderlin."

http://www.todomercadoweb.es/primer-plano/atletico-mario-suarez-cerca-del-southampton-133693

But would we sign both? Guan said a right sided CM as well as Clasie. But how different are they? Good to have options but sounds like we'd then have 3 top defensive midfielders all expecting to play. Or maybe Koeman isn't sure if Clasie is ready yet or how he'll settle?

From what Van Hangem has said on here Clasie struggles to play more than 60 minutes, if Koeman knows this (and he should, if it's correct) then getting in another quality mid would be clever, there will be no shortage of playing time this season

Looking at the appearance for AM last year he was important but not vital first teamer or anything. Seems like it could be possible really, especially given the amount of talks between the clubs.

But would we sign both? Guan said a right sided CM as well as Clasie. But how different are they? Good to have options but sounds like we'd then have 3 top defensive midfielders all expecting to play. Or maybe Koeman isn't sure if Clasie is ready yet or how he'll settle?

We'd certainly have excellent protection for the defence. Is this the Cork replacement? Nice upgrade is so. Only concern would be 3 CMs who don't score, but hopefully we have enough attacking power now. Doubt all 3 would play anyway, surely one of tadic, ramirez, jwp or davis will for creativity.

We could play 4-3-3 with all the width coming from our full backs? I know Clasie is considered a defensive midfielder, but I don't see why he couldn't do the role that JWP or Davis do for us at times, bit of pressing high up the field, threading balls through etc? Just a thought anyway.

From what Van Hangem has said on here Clasie struggles to play more than 60 minutes, if Koeman knows this (and he should, if it's correct) then getting in another quality mid would be clever, there will be no shortage of playing time this season

Sounds like another small midfielder of recent years.

Very sad to Morgan leave after all these years but after the service he has given us and the integrity of the man, you can only wish him well.

So now with the Clasie links revving up, if we can get a decent cb AND a big defensive mid, I actually feel the overall squad will be MORE balanced than last year!

This Suarez chap at 6'2 seems interesting and if not him someone similar is essential to add to the cm ranks.

If all goes well, and we end up with a 22 like this, i would hope to at yhe very least repeat last years 7th spot. Not overly impressed with Martina in the short time he played so far. But then the club know this undoubtedly and no doubt is a "2 year contract" player.

Sketelenburg....Gazzanigga

Soares...............McCarthyMartina

Fonte.................Yoshida

Van Dijk?...........Gardos

Bertrand............Targett

Wanyama...........Suarez?

Clasie.................Reed

Ramirez.............Tadic

Mane.................Long

Juanmi..............Ward Prowse/Davis

Rodriguez.........Pelle

Looking good!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Not sure Ramirez will be an automatic starter and no mention of S. Davis at all?

You would expect there to be a lot of rotation, so that starting 11 is speculative of course.

Would fancy Davis do have a more limited role this year and when playing will compete with Jwp for a position. I would keep both away from that cm position when playing a two thats for sure.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sketelenburg....Gazzanigga

Soares...............McCarthyMartina

Fonte.................Yoshida

Van Dijk?...........Gardos

Bertrand............Targett

Wanyama...........Suarez?

Clasie.................Reed

Ramirez.............Tadic

Mane.................Long

Juanmi..............Ward Prowse/Davis

Rodriguez.........Pelle

---------------------Forster

Soares----------Fonte-----VanDijk---------Bertrand

----------Wanyama-------Suarez

--------------------Clasie

Mane--------------------------------------Rodriguez

--------------------Pelle

Subs: Stekelenburg, Targett, Yoshida, Tadic, Ramirez, Juanmi, Long

dr-dre-the-wash.gif

Apparently PSG midfielder Thiago Motta is in talks over a move to Atletico.

Maybe the Mario Suarez deal hinges on that going through..?

If they're replacing Suarez with Motta they'd be on the + side of the ledger. Suarez's problem is that he is a card magnet, think he got about 15 last season. Nigh on every game.

If they're replacing Suarez with Motta they'd be on the + side of the ledger. Suarez's problem is that he is a card magnet, think he got about 15 last season. Nigh on every game.

He and Vic will get on well then.

To be fair in Spain you can get a yellow card for looking at the Ref the wrong way. They have this crazy rule where ANY handball is a yellow card :lol: