Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Highly accurate reporting....

" Romania ace Gardos, 26, won’t play again until February after being crocked in Thursday’s 3-0 pre-season friendly win over Feyenoord."

Sent from my HTC Desire 310 using Tapatalk

Fonte quoted in echo saying club working hard on another 2-3 signings. He feels a CB and CDM needed.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Clearly that's what we will get in. Reckon one centre back will be a season loan though, but we did ok last time we got a centre back on loan for a season

http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/13498116.Jose_Fonte__The_signings_Southampton_still_need/?ref=rss

New quotes. Absolutely spot on IMO. Midfield would be too lightweight if Vic got injured, Clasie nowhere near as mobile as Morgan. Could do with cover there plus obviously 1 CB minimum.

Hopefully we get them in, there has to be some cash as have made transfer profits the last two seasons plus huge TV riches.

http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/13498116.Jose_Fonte__The_signings_Southampton_still_need/?ref=rss

New quotes. Absolutely spot on IMO. Midfield would be too lightweight if Vic got injured, Clasie nowhere near as mobile as Morgan. Could do with cover there plus obviously 1 CB minimum.

Hopefully we get them in, there has to be some cash as have made transfer profits the last two seasons plus huge TV riches.

Unfortunately Alpine has already thoroughly analysed the squad numbers and concluded we won't be signing anyone. No space apparently.

Unfortunately Alpine has already thoroughly analysed the squad numbers and concluded we won't be signing anyone. No space apparently.

CB Fry that statement is an unwarranted and uncalled for attack on a fellow forum member, just because you do not believe in his assessments there is no need to troll him especially as he has not had a post in this thread for at least 250 posts

CB Fry that statement is an unwarranted and uncalled for attack on a fellow forum member, just because you do not believe in his assessments there is no need to troll him especially as he has not had a post in this thread for at least 250 posts

I apologise. It definitely won't happen again.

I know the price is premium for British players, but £10m for Chester with a year to go on his contract (in a team that got relegated) is pretty damn high. Then again didn't Norwich bid around £7.5m for Robbie Brady?!

I'd guess Chester is an alternative to Virgil van Dijk.

Our 4th choice DC will probably be a lot less than £10m

Exactly, so much for clowns and cheerleaders like MLG telling us the exact opposite. Another holding CM would be huge.

We definitely need to sign another defensive midfielder and another central defender if not two

If 'Big Vic' is out injured or suspended are midfield with Clasie, Reed, Davis and Ward-Prowse are just too lightweight. And what are the chances that 'Big Vic' with only a year left on his contract next summer will want to move on to a bigger club with Champion League football - so it's as much about succession management as strength in depth.

We should take a look at taking Oriol Romeu on loan from Chelsea for the season with an option to buy next summer.

At centreback it's pretty much the same situation - maybe a bit worse even - with only two fit first choice players in Fonte and Yoshida and maybe three young players who might be able to step up at some point in the future. So as well as replacing Toby we now need to find cover for Gardos. We should also have one eye on finding a successor to Fonte given his age - and I can see him heading back to Portugal next season to Sporting Lisbon or Benfica for one last big move and Champions League football.

So Van Dijk would be a start but we really need to bring in two

I don't see the need for two more centre backs. Four senior centre backs with some youngsters as cover is fine, it's a shame that Gardos is out for 6-7 months but there's no point spunking a chunk of our budget on five senior centre backs when we only play with two and have McCarthy, Turnbull, Stephens etc.

I'd like to see us being in a top class CB, i hope we don't rush into a signing and make a mistake now Gardos is injured. Also another starting CDM, then we would have real competition for places in midfield with a few versatile players.

Chester is no slouch. He is probably Yoshida quality. I think if we could get him for closer to around £6.5m or £7m and bring in Van Dijk for around £12m that would be pretty good business. Especially since we have European games this season.

I am less convinced we need another DM (although I wouldn't complain).

If we are limiting ourselves to bringing in only two more players, I would rather it be two CBs than one CB and one DM.

Yeah because Jack Cork is such a mountain of a man. We don't need another poncy run around a lot to look like they're doing something DM, we need someone big and preferably black to run into people and flatten them.

So you want us to sign Akinfenwa?

Yeah because Jack Cork is such a mountain of a man. We don't need another poncy run around a lot to look like they're doing something DM, we need someone big and preferably black to run into people and flatten them.

Why does the colour of his skin matter? And poncy?

Are you in 1971?

Lols