Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

The problem people have with him is that he is so adamant that all is bad, nothing will go right, we're all going to die. His assumptions become fact in his mind, and as has been proven for the last 259259259259259 summers....his assumptions are always wrong. I get the point of accepting peoples point of view, but have you seen some of the abuse and names he puts out there if someone has their own view he doesn't agree with?

The bloke is very tiring, and comes into his own at this time of year it has to be said. Although I see him more of a comedy act these days.

Your last sentence is how I feel about him tbh. Sad really but thems the breaks.

Whether you agree with Alpine or not, there is no need for some of the bullying abusive posts aimed towards him. He is as entitled to his opinion as we all are to our own. This is a discussion forum, and its a shame that discussions seem to very quickly go off topic and resort to personal attacks. For the record, I am too a little worried that we haven't yet signed a centre half and that its nearly a month since Toby joined Spurs.

Alpine is not a shrinking violet and is more than capable of fighting his own corner. Of course he is entitled to his opinion but I think you will find that it is the way he puts his (usually very negative and ill-informed) opinion across that winds people up. And what about Alpine's attacks on the club's management? I am sure we are all concerned about getting a replacement for Toby but you need to remember that we didn't sign Toby until well into August last year and just because we haven't signed someone yet, it doesn't mean it will not happen. There is still plenty of time. The time to start worrying is the morning after the window shuts if we haven't signed a replacement.

Darren I too find it bad that soon as Alpine puts his point of view out he is abused by all in sundry on this site. I enjoy reading other people hopes and fears for Southampton, but find it bad that fellow members have to resort to bullying tactics and then have the temerity of calling him a troll. I think we still need a couple of defenders but I trust RoKo to make the right decision.

So you are happy with him slagging off the Board (mostly with no foundation) but aren't happy when people call him on that? There is a reason why Alpine creates so much grief and you only have to read this thread to know why that is.

I have had him on ignore for the last 2 seasons - waste of time because everyone keeps quoting him in their replies !

This basically. I'm astonished how he still gets bites from posters who've been on here years ad really should know better.

I don't feel sorry for him being 'bullied' in the slightest because it's exactly what he wants. He will post complete nonsense without any basis in evidence, probability or logic simply to get a reaction. All the following replies telling him how tedious, boring and negative he is are exactly what he wants.

Arguing with him is like wrestling a pig in a sty. You may well be 'winning' but at the end of it all you're still wrestling a pig, you're both covered in sh*t and the pig loves every minute of it.

The most annoying thing about Alpine is how he has managed to get a perfectly reasonable thread about possible new signings into a thread about Alpine Saint.

The moderators should start a new sticky thread about Alpine and he should only be allowed to post in that thread. I think that would solve all related problems.

Alpine says it how he sees it. He is direct and naturally negative showing his fears for the club on his sleeve.

I would rather have colour and a bit of controversy than bland safe corporate style statements.

I would rather you bugger off from your trolling but we all have a cross to bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpine says it how he sees it. He is direct and naturally negative showing his fears for the club on his sleeve.

I would rather have colour and a bit of controversy than bland safe corporate style statements.

his crime is boorish predictability. It's the same schtick.

It's similar to the post we can all expect from you after our first league win.

just 37 points away from safety!

He really isn't. alpine is dull, predictable and really quite sad.

I don't consider endless drivel about how everything is terrible to be comedy gold.

I dunno, I just picture him bashing away at his keyboard like Basil Fawlty whacking his car and that never grows old.

Or maybe he's just driven me insane.

So I came on here to see who we are linked with and all I see is comments about Alpine. I've no idea who he is and what he might be doing wrong but, please, could we just use this topic for the bulls&@t football transfer rumours for which it was intended? I like this page for just that reason!

So I came on here to see who we are linked with and all I see is comments about Alpine. I've no idea who he is and what he might be doing wrong but, please, could we just use this topic for the bulls&@t football transfer rumours for which it was intended? I like this page for just that reason!

Thanks gary for continuing the Alpine conversation.

This!

Soooo....

James Chester has signed for WBA - I suspect we were never in for him anyway, probably just agent murmurings to rush WBA into signing him up.

Just who is it that we are chasing? Are Ron and Les going to pull another CB-Rabbit from the hat?

Soooo....

James Chester has signed for WBA - I suspect we were never in for him anyway, probably just agent murmurings to rush WBA into signing him up.

Just who is it that we are chasing? Are Ron and Les going to pull another CB-Rabbit from the hat?

Les Reed was pretty adamant in a recent interview that we line up our targets a long time in advance and do not react to players who come available as a result of relegation, so I suspect the links to Caulker and Chester were either press speculation or agent stirring.

Soooo....

Thank **** for that. Don't get me wrong, he's not ****, he's a decent enough player but I would hope we'd be looking at players at a slightly higher level, especially when I think the quoted fee was £12 million or something ridiculous like that.

I saw in one of the papers yesterday (The Sun, I think it was) that we want Callum Chambers back on loan and Wenger will decide in the next seven days (six now) whether to let that happen or not. I only skim read it but I couldn't see any quotes or anything there so probably just paper talk. Sorry if it's already been mentioned on here.

Thank **** for that. Don't get me wrong, he's not ****, he's a decent enough player but I would hope we'd be looking at players at a slightly higher level, especially when I think the quoted fee was £12 million or something ridiculous like that.

I saw in one of the papers yesterday (The Sun, I think it was) that we want Callum Chambers back on loan and Wenger will decide in the next seven days (six now) whether to let that happen or not. I only skim read it but I couldn't see any quotes or anything there so probably just paper talk. Sorry if it's already been mentioned on here.

it's a rehash of an old story. I can't confirm/deny whether we want someone - but in terms of whether we've approached him or actually asked to take him back on loan, apparently it's codswallop. wenger said in his press conference that noone had approached him about chambers.

Are we being linked with signing Alpine?